PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help locating camping/shooting areas in LML

jedimaster
08-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Hey, recently moved out to a farm outside of maple ridge. Just wondering if anyone knows a crown area I can take my kids to for the day to go shooting some 22's. We can only discharge for crop and livestock protection on our property. I have a 4x4 truck and an ATV we can use to get tucked away. I am looking at the maps, and back road books online for shooting areas and what not but of course some actual hands on would be great. Trying to find something a bit tucked away and not too busy as I will be out there with my kids.

Bubba123
08-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Lots of spots up the west side of Harrison Lake. Take Hwy 7 east and turn left on to the Morris Valley Road at the Sasquatch inn, then go about 10-20 kms past where the pavement stops. Can get a bit busy on the FSR on the weekends with 4X4 groups and other shooters. Easy to get off the beaten path and find plenty of natural backstop locations that are safe and you can see people encroaching your space for a good distance.

jedimaster
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Awesome thanks will check it out.

GotaGun
08-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Sylvester road .
Lots of places to shoot.
A bit closer to maple ridge.

wideopenthrottle
08-13-2015, 03:45 PM
if you make it out to west side of harrison during a week day, go a bit further to 20 mile bay and check it out there (as a cool spot not a place to go shooting) ...very nice when not overcrowded

Wick
08-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Have you looked up past Squamish?

RiverRunner
08-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Isn't the west side of Harrison closed off right now due the the Wood Lake wild fire?