PDA

View Full Version : Possible Blockade - Klappan Road Railgrade Access

teenawright
08-12-2015, 09:04 AM
It has come to my attention through the Wildlife Defence League's Facebook page that Blockades will go up in areas where they believe there is over-hunting/trophy hunting....so this post...I have heard various reports and innuendo that they will be back to the Ealue Lake Road....but no way to confirm it only time will tell. I ill post again once I know more but just wanted for forewarn anyone planning to come up.

IronNoggin
08-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Any up to date word on the condition of the Klappan itself?
Is it passable, or is it washed out again (as suggested on another thread here)?

Wondering...
Nog

teenawright
08-12-2015, 09:50 AM
No it is just fine the locals restored it

IronNoggin
08-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Many Thanks for that!
And for your intel regarding the possible blockades too!
Right Appreciated!

Cheers,
Nog

sthdslayer
08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Just went to the facebook page and watched their video it is concerning to me that a small group of fringe environmentalists are riding on the backs of first nations to disrupt our hunting.
I also have heard that the outfitter is unaffected as he employs guides from the local area.

Chango
08-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Fringe environmentalists from north vancouver. I was looking at their facebook page aswell. I recognize this guy (https://www.facebook.com/WildlifeDefenceLeague/photos/pb.291456047665382.-2207520000.1439404580./544000575744260/?type=3&theater) off the page from when I ran into him and his lady friend in December. I was setting out on a hunt in Squamish, and as I was leaving my vehicle with my rifle slung over my shoulder they were coming down a logging road with their dog. I said good morning and asked them how far up they hiked, they continued to walk right past me with a sour look on their face, without stopping or looking in my direction. Originally I thought they were city guys who had never seen a rifle before and were scared, makes more sense now. Not very confrontational one on one with a rifle over your should it seems.

Chango
08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Interesting, they have been following guide outfitters into their hunting territories to document predator hunting.

"Phase One of Operation Apex launched in the winter of 2015. We used investigative tactics to learn about the trophy hunting of the cougar, lynx and bobcat. "
https://vimeo.com/122946627

2016 "phase two operation apex" they plan to be on the ground stopping these hunts from happening.

.330 Dakota
08-12-2015, 12:22 PM
The blockade is not a maybe,,,its definate,,,they have rebuilt the camp at hwy 37 and Ealue Lake Rd, and have a fresh supply of firewood there already,,,,,as per the other thread I started,,I was up there 2 weekends ago scouting..drove to the Didene portage with my pickup,,saw many FN,,,they arent too friendly in there

flyboy
08-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Hum

I thought one of Mr Thompson's response to the guide giveaway was that us resident hunters have a whole lot of GOS moose seasons to enjoy. Well isn't one of these GOS include the Dease lake area? Seems that his bold statement is really not all that true.

I guess it is maybe time to flood his/Christy/Mike M emails to ask that they enforce the law and please remove the barricades so we can hunt the GOS up there like he promised.

REMINGTON JIM
08-12-2015, 12:36 PM
The blockade is not a maybe,,,its definate,,,they have rebuilt the camp at hwy 37 and Ealue Lake Rd, and have a fresh supply of firewood there already,,,,,as per the other thread I started,,I was up there 2 weekends ago scouting..drove to the Didene portage with my pickup,,saw many FN,,,they arent too friendly in there

I think that the Klappan road needs to be destroyed so they cannot use it either ! :mad: JMO RJ

BgBlkDg
08-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I think that is time for *wagon trains* of 4x4s filled with armed, determined taxpaying BC citizen hunters and let events take their course................

teenawright
08-12-2015, 12:57 PM
I have messaged their site and asked the questions quite politely and have had no response, yes the site was re-built, so stands to reason it will happen again this year...I had the opportunity to ask them some pointed questions last year about numbers taken from the area and the answer was....hmmmm have to check! I think they are a group of young people who instead of fight a war through the Canadian forces have chosen this as their rebellion...sad....

bcsteve
08-12-2015, 03:58 PM
I think that is time for *wagon trains* of 4x4s filled with armed, determined taxpaying BC citizen hunters and let events take their course................
What could possibly go wrong......

frenchbar
08-12-2015, 04:37 PM
These threads crack me up....

REMINGTON JIM
08-12-2015, 04:41 PM
These threads crack me up....

What do you thinks is the answer ? :p RJ

.330 Dakota
08-12-2015, 05:45 PM
army thats the answer

Wentrot
08-12-2015, 05:50 PM
What could possibly go wrong......

Nothing wrong with folks finally getting the nuts to say enough is enough, sadly it won't happen

Caribou_lou
08-12-2015, 05:53 PM
How do you feel about them negatively affecting your business Teena? Less hunters means less business I assume.

Any city slicker attempts to get in my way to anywhere I'm going to hunt... they will be leaving in handcuffs.

BCbillies
08-12-2015, 06:09 PM
How do you feel about them negatively affecting your business Teena? Less hunters means less business I assume.

Any city slicker attempts to get in my way to anywhere I'm going to hunt... they will be leaving in handcuffs.

I can't imagine the slickers eating a Tatogga Burger . . . you make a tofu burger for them boys? I doubt they could eat amongst the lifesize mounts.

kevan
08-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Now, I hate roadblocks and roadblockers as much as anyone else but this is a stupid suggestion which would end with any surviving BC citizen hunters being thrown in jail.
Perhaps it would work in 1873 but this is 2015.
I must ask BgBlkDg... do You have the balls to lead such a convoy, or does Your testicular fortitude end at Your keyboard?
I'm all for a solution but getting a bunch of good men killed by a group of armed roadblocking jerks is not the answer.
I hope you meant this in jest, either way you earned my ignore button yet again...

Mulehahn
08-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Now, I hate roadblocks and roadblockers as much as anyone else but this is a stupid suggestion which would end with any surviving BC citizen hunters being thrown in jail.
Perhaps it would work in 1873 but this is 2015.
I must ask BgBlkDg... do You have the balls to lead such a convoy, or does Your testicular fortitude end at Your keyboard?
I'm all for a solution but getting a bunch of good men killed by a group of armed roadblocking jerks is not the answer.
I hope you meant this in jest, either way you earned my ignore button yet again...

I do not see a problem with a properly organized group of committed citizens proceeding through what has been repeatedly deemed illegal blockades. The police have just refused to enforce the judges rulings, but this is coming to a head to. The rule of law must apply! But regardless, do you truly believe that the people manning these blockades have the conviction to pull the trigger? I highly doubt it, but even if they do it would be one of the stupidest things they could do. You are right, it isn't 1873 anymore (or should I say 1864). Shooting people for doing nothing wrong than trying to pursue legal activities in the outdoors will not be tolerated. However, if they choose to start the Chilcotin Wars again, I am not so sure the outcome would be as favourable for them as it was last time.

To all who condemn a peaceful crossing of these blockades I ask what do you suggest, rather than roll over! I am sure your ancestors are doing enough of that in their graves!

BgBlkDg
08-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Of course I will, Kevan, I have done this in the past when employed with the AFS, etc.

Would you care to PM me and arrange to discuss this in person.

.330 Dakota
08-12-2015, 07:39 PM
I enjoy the meals at Tatogga,,,,headin back up around Sept 1st,,,,had some good chats with John

Ohwildwon
08-12-2015, 08:29 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

http://thetyee.ca/News/2009/10/13/TahltanStandoff/

NorBC
08-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I can't imagine the slickers eating a Tatogga Burger . . . you make a tofu burger for them boys? I doubt they could eat amongst the lifesize mounts.

I could hardly eat amongst all those rams :( but the little nanny on the wall made me feel better!

REMINGTON JIM
08-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Of course I will, Kevan, I have done this in the past when employed with the AFS, etc.

Would you care to PM me and arrange to discuss this in person.

Holy Chit Kevan ya better run for the Hills ! :lol: RJ

kevan
08-12-2015, 10:02 PM
holy chit kevan ya better run for the hills ! :lol: Rj

...... Lapm !

riflebuilder
08-12-2015, 10:10 PM
maybe we should just blockade the blocakders not let them get out to get food or supplies that way they would just have to live off the land.

BgBlkDg
08-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Good point, but, that will also lead to confrontation and this is inevitable, IME, when dealing with radical *enviros* and militant aboriginals.....who should be cut off the tax money funded services immediately.

Obviously, except to the terminally stupid here, my initial comment was *tongue in cheek*, but, if WE continue to back down on these issues, we will continue to lose more each time and will soon have no hunting-angling left.

Consider, the various aboriginal *bans* on simple fishing in what they call their territory.....do you think that this will just go away..................

alcesgigantes
08-13-2015, 08:25 AM
What about a proactive approach instead of confrontation? A contingent of responsible hunters that care about the animals and the land (which is the majority of us) speaking to the Tahltan leadership (not the people manning the blockades) could go a long ways to making the situation better. As the saying goes 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar'. I think there's a lot of common ground between us resident hunters and the first nations people in BC, we all want there to be plenty of moose and other animals out there. There's differences too, but I'd say we have more common interests than differences.

I try to put myself in their shoes and think about an area that I've hunted in for a long time that no one else goes to (my 'secret spot' if such a thing exists these days). Then one day a bunch of new people show up in the area that I used to have to myself, and they don't even acknowledge me or at worst case treat the area without any respect (which is the exception not the rule, but definitely is what people notice the most). I'm probably going to be pretty upset about it. On the other hand if the 'new' folks were to come talk to me in a friendly way and try to work out some kind of arrangement, then we would likely come up with an arrangement that works for everyone and we could both use the area. I know it's not a perfect analogy (and maybe optimistic/naive), but it sometimes helps to put things in a different perspective.

russm
08-13-2015, 08:34 AM
What about a proactive approach instead of confrontation? A contingent of responsible hunters that care about the animals and the land (which is the majority of us) speaking to the Tahltan leadership (not the people manning the blockades) could go a long ways to making the situation better. As the saying goes 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar'. I think there's a lot of common ground between us resident hunters and the first nations people in BC, we all want there to be plenty of moose and other animals out there. There's differences too, but I'd say we have more common interests than differences.

I try to put myself in their shoes and think about an area that I've hunted in for a long time that no one else goes to (my 'secret spot' if such a thing exists these days). Then one day a bunch of new people show up in the area that I used to have to myself, and they don't even acknowledge me or at worst case treat the area without any respect (which is the exception not the rule, but definitely is what people notice the most). I'm probably going to be pretty upset about it. On the other hand if the 'new' folks were to come talk to me in a friendly way and try to work out some kind of arrangement, then we would likely come up with an arrangement that works for everyone and we could both use the area. I know it's not a perfect analogy (and maybe optimistic/naive), but it sometimes helps to put things in a different perspective.

They don't care about how many animals there are, they care about how many animals there is for THEM not everybody else, the special treatment Indians get is ridiculous whether it's laws, hunting fishing etc they can pretty well do as they please, how long do you think a roadblock would last if it was a bunch of white guys that didn't want people hunting somewhere?

.330 Dakota
08-13-2015, 09:05 AM
They don't care about how many animals there are, they care about how many animals there is for THEM not everybody else, the special treatment Indians get is ridiculous whether it's laws, hunting fishing etc they can pretty well do as they please, how long do you think a roadblock would last if it was a bunch of white guys that didn't want people hunting somewhere?

100% CORRECT,,,,,,if they cared about the wildlife, they would stop hunting it as well,,,,bottom line is thats its an ownership thing,,,they believe the animals are theirs and theirs alone,,,,and the longer we pander to these domestic terrorists the larger the issue will become,,,,

sthdslayer
08-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Just curious who is the outfitter for this area affected by the blockade.
Has he been impacted.

teenawright
08-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Mike Young is the outfitter as well I think the Creyke's....in the last blockade the outfitter came and went with no problems......

bearvalley
08-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Do you think Creyke's being Tahltan is why they continue to have access?
The blockade is in Creyke's guiding area.

REMINGTON JIM
08-13-2015, 11:33 AM

So TRUE ! :cry: RJ

GoatGuy
08-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Increase the moose population, problem goes away..................

Avalanche123
08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Let's not let another Klappan Railgrade thread drift sideways again by linking it to RH/GOABC again.

Caribou_lou
08-13-2015, 12:25 PM
I believe this is a thread about a blockade avalanche. Who is and who isn't allowed through is a big part of this thread. Trophy hunters allowed through. Resident meat hunters denied access. Does that seem right to you?

bearvalley
08-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Let's not let another Klappan Railgrade thread drift sideways again by linking it to RH/GOABC again.
I agree. No matter how much some would like to pin this issue on the guides, they are wrong. The drive behind these blockades the last couple of years are part of the Suzuki movement to end hunting. Grandpa creates dribble to end the grizzly hunt while his make believe native grandson keeps the blockades stirred up. In the meantime residents bitch about FNs and guides while Saint David lines his pockets.
Such is life!

Everett
08-13-2015, 12:35 PM
I believe this is a thread about a blockade avalanche. Who is and who isn't allowed through is a big part of this thread. Trophy hunters allowed through. Resident meat hunters denied access. Does that seem right to you?

This is what needs to be sent to media resident meat hunter denied access while foreign trophy hunter are allowed through.

bearvalley
08-13-2015, 01:03 PM
This is what needs to be sent to media resident meat hunter denied access while foreign trophy hunter are allowed through.

Be sure of your facts before you send it to the media.
If the outfitters clients are flying over the road block to access the country beyond, you as a resident hunter have the same ability to go in by aircraft.
Any more non factual information is merely more non credible BS that the media loves to suck up and run with.
Do you really think the ones manning the blockades have a preference as to who hunts?

kawdy
08-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Before you approach these road blocks you need to come up with a strategy to out wit them. Last year there was a road block on the way to Telegraph Creek, and that was where our flight was departing from. Not wanting to spend an extra grand leaving from Dease we decided to give it a go. After deciding to follow the official BCWF instructions on the matter, the driver (Kayjayess) changed tact at the last moment, and it worked.

We approaced the road block in the wee hours of the morning hoping to catch them sleeping (no luck), there were barriers and flashing lights across the road, and a large camp of natives. A rather large native obviously selecting for intimidation value approached the truck. Before he had a chance to challenge us, our driver said great camp really well set up, and then that was the last thing Kayjayess said during the exchange. We were dressed in civies and were pulling a Uhaul in anticipation of a big Alaskan moose meat haul. The native asked us "are you school teachers", driver "no response" and cold stare straight ahead, 10 seconds later, native "are you with fisheries", driver "no response" cold stare straight ahead, 60 seconds later with a totally confused and outwitted native we were told we could proceed. So you can see Kayjayess outsmarted them without saying a word.

I am not saying it will work for you, but it still makes us laugh today when we talk about it. Maybe get yourself a David Suzuki magnetic decal for the sides of your trucks. LOL

GoatGuy
08-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Be sure of your facts before you send it to the media.
If the outfitters clients are flying over the road block to access the country beyond, you as a resident hunter have the same ability to go in by aircraft.
Any more non factual information is merely more non credible BS that the media loves to suck up and run with.
Do you really think the ones manning the blockades have a preference as to who hunts?

The two outfitters on the klappan also use the grade. They have both built relationships with Tahltan.

Need to focus on making more moose in this case

bearvalley
08-13-2015, 02:05 PM
The two outfitters on the klappan also use the grade. They have both built relationships with Tahltan.

Need to focus on making more moose in this case

No disagreement here Jesse. The one outfitter uses the grade almost solely to move horses in and out. The respectful relationship between them and the Tahltans has been built over many years. The other outfitter that uses the grade is newer, but has also built respect. The third outfitter, on whose territory the blockade is erected is Tahltan.
There is no doubt we need to focus on making more moose, you're getting the picture. In the meantime we need to also focus on where the recent directive on some of these wildlife based conflicts are coming from. Guide Outfitters are not the instigators in this case, therefore the ones that are trying to steer this into a resident versus guide issue can stand to be corrected.
The catch is, how many moose have to be made before the little band of modern day hippy shit disturbers go back to snowboarding. As long as residents blame guides and natives, the antis can continue to sneakily do their work and line their pockets while they tell their followers its for the good of wildlife and environment.
I don't think I need a history lesson on this part of the world.

teenawright
08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
i believe so

Sofa King
08-13-2015, 02:20 PM
I agree. No matter how much some would like to pin this issue on the guides, they are wrong. The drive behind these blockades the last couple of years are part of the Suzuki movement to end hunting. Grandpa creates dribble to end the grizzly hunt while his make believe native grandson keeps the blockades stirred up. In the meantime residents bitch about FNs and guides while Saint David lines his pockets.
Such is life!

you sure about that?
then why are they all cozy with the guides in the area?
seems kinda shady that the guides in that area are sliding right through the blockade all hunky-dory.
that alone makes it seem like maybe they are involved, and this is about keeping the resident hunters out period.
that may not be the case, but it seems like it could be.

teenawright
08-13-2015, 02:30 PM
The WDL has raised $1,165.00 in 3 days, their fundraising effort is 10,000.00 which will last another 27 days on indiegogo. They will in all probability raise the funds required and again be up there. They are young like 17 to mid 20's and all from city. The question is as long as no one jurisdiction will take control of the road how can one fight the blockade other than with aggression and that is not the answer, but the answer they are wanting from subsistence hunters to make them/us look guilty as heck in the eyes of the "moral majority". As long as the anti's have found a niche they will stay put and continue their cause to avoid the whole repulsive notion of 9 to 5. So is it then the local native community that we has a group need to address? Do they want us to buy further tags to enter the land directly from them....I think some body the wildlife fed, the government,..some body needs to meet with the chief or central council and see what they want and go from there....just one woman's opinion....

Caribou_lou
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
All this talk about building respect with the locals. Every hunt I have been on in that area I've shown them nothing but respect. The Point that needs to be addressed is that if they are so concerned about the moose and the Wildlife why is anyone getting through?

Avalanche123
08-13-2015, 05:28 PM
BearValley has good points as does GoatGuy.

Everything else is just finger pointing. As I said earlier, don't let this thread drift sideways. And yes Caribou I am very sure about that.

Caribou_lou
08-13-2015, 07:36 PM
BearValley has good points as does GoatGuy.

Everything else is just finger pointing. As I said earlier, don't let this thread drift sideways. And yes Caribou I am very sure about that.

Very sure about what? Half your posts make zero sense.

Making more moose? The local natives were pushing for LEH a few years back. Before the first roadblock. Claiming there was hundreds of moose being harvested in the area. I believe they used the word slaughter at one point. The following season they had compulsory inspections on moose taken in the area. I never saw the actual numbers but believe it was around 40 moose harvested. Hardly the numbers the natives were throwing out there. Talk about getting facts straight before going to the media. There is a reason this area is not on LEH. Bull to Cow ratio very high and lots of them!

Might I add they had strict motorized restrictions at one point. One could only go a certain distance off the grade. The only hunters I saw not abiding by the motorized restrictions were the locals.

scuba
08-13-2015, 08:20 PM
My personal experience with the west side of northern bc is a major decline in cow moose population on areas accessible by road (truck, quad, snowmobile) I only get up that way 2-3 times in the spring and 3-4 times in the fall but find it weird wether hunting grizzly in the spring, sheep and goat in the late summer or caribou and moose in the fall that I see a lot more bull moose than cows. Find the odd cow carcass while grizzly hunting that I don't think the wolves or bears have skinned and taken quarters off of. If anything keeping track of how many cows are beeing taken during the winter and spring would go a long way in conserving the moose population. I'm not a biologist, tree hugger or Indian but spend enough time up that way to know what I see.

Avalanche123
08-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Very sure about what? Half your posts make zero sense.

Making more moose?

Whatever you say..... "eyes rolling"...

quarterman
08-14-2015, 12:01 AM

Finally someone had the balls to say it. Thank yourussm

Caribou_lou
08-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Finally someone had the balls to say it. Thank yourussm

I agree. Others in this thread rather not point fingers and speak some truth.

teenawright
08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
I was answering a post further up and hit the wrong button------thanks for that!

IronNoggin
08-19-2015, 05:19 PM
So, now that the opening is a few days behind us, did the blockade happen? It is up & manned?
I would really like to know before I start firing the letters off that I have drafted in this regard.
Bit of a haul simply to find out though from Port...

Anyone?

Wondering...
Nog

ElectricDyck
08-20-2015, 06:43 AM
It's hard to believe that an enviro group with some native backing can block access to crown land based on some made up facts that are in direct contradiction to the governments wildlife surveys (and my experience hunting the grade)...Its too bad especially when it provides hike in access to spatsizi..

Mik
08-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the updates, Teena. Wondering that if it's a group of "white city slickers" can they not be arrested by the RCMP? Or is it "white city slickers and local Indians" together which makes it difficult to arrest?

40incher
08-20-2015, 10:36 PM
It's hard to believe that an enviro group with some native backing can block access to crown land based on some made up facts that are in direct contradiction to the governments wildlife surveys (and my experience hunting the grade)...Its too bad especially when it provides hike in access to spatsizi..

Yup ... that's where we are at. Minority, special -interest groups control the world. WTF!!

You can either stand up or hold the light.

IronNoggin
08-21-2015, 12:35 PM
So can anyone offer up anything in the way of news on this :confused:

Wondering Still...
Nog

butcher
08-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Increase the moose population, problem goes away..................

Spoke with a fairly high level staff member of region 6 FLNRO at a meeting recently who was of the opinion the moose population in the area is doing just fine.

REMINGTON JIM
08-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Spoke with a fairly high level staff member of region 6 FLNRO at a meeting recently who was of the opinion the moose population in the area is doing just fine.

Really ! so whos doing the LIEING :?: RJ

kevan
08-21-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm beginning to think that post # 11 has it right after all and since my PSA count is rising slowly, I would join in.
After all why not go out in style.... eh ??

mtnmannbc
08-21-2015, 01:22 PM
im in with regards to post #11, lets go back and take OUR land back, OUR moose, etc, newfoundland doesnt have these problems and im not talkin about moose numbers

ducktoller
08-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Ah so here we are back to bgblkdg's race war.

You do that and tell me how that works out for you

BgBlkDg
08-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Don't be a total imbecile, the so-called "environmentalists" who are the instigators of this latest assault on we decent, law abiding, tax paying BC citizens, are as "white" as I am and they and the very few radical aborigines, are USING the majority of both aboriginal and other native BC people to their own ends.

IF, a sufficient number of solid BC citizens went to one of these bullshit blockades and just drove through it, the troublemakers would scatter like Cockroaches exposed to light and once this happens in a few of these situations, they will no longer be effective....as should be obvious.

...race war...geezuz wept and no f**king wonder, by Krist! Get over yourself and think for a change,

ducktoller
08-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Don't be a total imbecile, the so-called "environmentalists" who are the instigators of this latest assault on we decent, law abiding, tax paying BC citizens, are as "white" as I am and they and the very few radical aborigines, are USING the majority of both aboriginal and other native BC people to their own ends.

IF, a sufficient number of solid BC citizens went to one of these bullshit blockades and just drove through it, the troublemakers would scatter like Cockroaches exposed to light and once this happens in a few of these situations, they will no longer be effective....as should be obvious.

...race war...geezuz wept and no f**king wonder, by Krist! Get over yourself and think for a change,

Ah my mistake I was confused by your other threads where you refer to the terms savages and primitives.

Once again please go run right through one of these blockades and see how that works out for you.

BgBlkDg
08-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, sonny, I HAVE done exactly that, in 1990, when some primitive troublemakers were blockading Highway 16 at Jasper National Park, after I had worked for five solo months on an AFS fire tower and wanted to go home.

They were pounding drums, yipping and yowling and being a PITA, as usual, taking "whiteys" TAXES and whining about everything. I drove up, gave them the finger and drove through and that was that.

The following year, a 5.5 month stint actually WORKING in the bush, a few drunken savages drove to my station at 12:15. awakened me and threatened me, although I had never so much as seen any of them before. I went outside, told them to leave and after some of their usual bullshit, they did.....I was armed and could have used force to defend myself, but, I am a gentle guy and used to dealing with drunks, punks and assholes of various types.

These are only two of a number of encounters with your buddies I have had and I have yet to be injured by one......maybe you might want to learn some conflict reduction techniques from me??????

ducktoller
08-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Well, sonny, I HAVE done exactly that, in 1990, when some primitive troublemakers were blockading Highway 16 at Jasper National Park, after I had worked for five solo months on an AFS fire tower and wanted to go home.

They were pounding drums, yipping and yowling and being a PITA, as usual, taking "whiteys" TAXES and whining about everything. I drove up, gave them the finger and drove through and that was that.

The following year, a 5.5 month stint actually WORKING in the bush, a few drunken savages drove to my station at 12:15. awakened me and threatened me, although I had never so much as seen any of them before. I went outside, told them to leave and after some of their usual bullshit, they did.....I was armed and could have used force to defend myself, but, I am a gentle guy and used to dealing with drunks, punks and assholes of various types.

These are only two of a number of encounters with your buddies I have had and I have yet to be injured by one......maybe you might want to learn some conflict reduction techniques from me??????

My buddies? Who are my buddies?
When did I say I support this blockade?
Think for a change ;)

I'm also perfectly happy with my conflict reduction techniques. Been threatened many times by all types here mostly urban, and haven't been in a fight since I was 10.

BgBlkDg
08-21-2015, 06:40 PM
I wont bother to respond further as arguing here is a waste of time and Gatehouse will get rambunctious.

ducktoller
08-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I wont bother to respond further as arguing here is a waste of time and Gatehouse will get rambunctious.

Not much to argue about anyways. I should agree to disagree with you regardless

Caribou_lou
08-21-2015, 07:12 PM
The situation will get worse before it gets better. Sad it needs to get to that point before the RCMP comes into play. Ill be heading up that way shortly. Maybe stop in on our way back and test their knowledge.

Spy
08-22-2015, 10:55 AM
The situation will get worse before it gets better. Sad it needs to get to that point before the RCMP comes into play. Ill be heading up that way shortly. Maybe stop in on our way back and test their knowledge.How did it go you still alive ?

scuba
08-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Drove thru dease lake area today and stopped at tatogga and klappan railgrade road entrance and road is open but word around there seems to be that they will blockade the road on sept 15 for opening day of moose along railgrade.

Swamp mule
08-27-2015, 12:20 AM
The so called WDL is founded and managed by a young man by the name of "Tommy Knowles" on Facebook that does not like to be challenged with constructive thought that makes people think as he will ban anyone from his site. Like sheep following the wolf. This tommy is from North Van, he has worked on the Sea Shepard boat against all the whaling activities. By the looks of it that he likes to be more aggressive and confrontational. His site is being promoted on the Vancouver Humane Society where his girlfriend Emily Pickett works and on many other vegan sites. There are two rock bands that are supporting him and the leader of the Architects is a strong supporter of the sea Shepard. We as hunters must band together and use the tools that they are using against us by using it against them. Turn the tables. They have done mass communications on certain businesses that support hunting I flood an in a sense bully their way to make these businesses submissive. Maybe we should flood his and VHS Facebook sites with comments that they can't keep up.

Caribou_lou
08-27-2015, 07:13 AM
How did it go you still alive ?

Going up up next week for work and then the week after hunting. On our way back from hunting it should be Sept 15. We will see...

Chango
08-27-2015, 08:31 AM
"Extremist vegans from downtown Vancouver block hunters in northern BC from feeding their families"

how would that sound in the press?

.330 Dakota
08-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Im heading up on Monday,,,staying at Tatogga Resort,,,will report back in a week,,,griz tags for the grade,,caribou and goat tags as well, and 2 moose tags that open on the 15th,,,going twice this year as I have 2 out of province buddies coming at different times,,I had the Ministry of Moose modify my Accompany Permit so I could do this,,,,they were good to deal with and a biologist called me back from Smithers to ask questions about the blockade,,,,they had no idea it was happening this year apparently

Chango
08-27-2015, 08:47 AM
They are using hunters photos of Grizz to raise money
https://www.facebook.com/WildlifeDefenceLeague/photos/a.429146830562969.1073741828.291456047665382/729603073850675/?type=1&theater

And this one made me throw up in my coffee....
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/11953360_728355243975458_2208093476918051380_o.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/WildlifeDefenceLeague/photos/a.429146830562969.1073741828.291456047665382/728355243975458/?type=1&theater)

Saw this as well, are we sure this is where they plan to blockade?

"Last year's campaign saw us work with the Klabona Keepers in defence of over-hunting and trophy hunting in the Sacred Headwaters, as seen in the video posted. This year, we need your help to get back into the field for our second fall field campaign! We have yet to announce the area we will be working in so stay tuned! Our campaign will not be possible unless we can raise another $6000. Help us get there by visiting the link and donating!"

wrenchhead
08-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Swine. Makes me sick these people give money to the bands to do there dirty work. They know dam well any hunter would just drive past 'white' activists, that's if these activists weren't arrested first.

.330 Dakota
08-27-2015, 09:21 AM
We should stop at the roadblock as a sign of support and give them some home cooked brownies laced with hashish and exlax,,,sleepy shits,,,perfect

quarterman
08-31-2015, 04:58 PM
does anyone have an update on any BS blockades? any other areas been blockaded other then the railgrade? Hoping to go up on Oct 1st for cariboo goat and moose

kagia
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
A couple of you have mentioned going to the press with this.

If you do, make sure to notify www.therebel.media
They're on our side and love calling out eco-freaks and FN when they get out of line.

tuner
09-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Does the wildlife defence league think FN people are non hunters and non meat eaters, or are they exempt? Funny bed fellows. The hypocrisy amongst these two groups is epic.

kagia
09-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Does the wildlife defence league think FN people are non hunters and non meat eaters, or are they exempt? Funny bed fellows. The hypocrisy amongst these two groups is epic.

lol This is what I was thinking.

J_06
09-02-2015, 05:57 PM
We should stop at the roadblock as a sign of support and give them some home cooked brownies laced with hashish and exlax,,,sleepy shits,,,perfectThey might be cold too. I have some really old some blankets let over from great grandpa I'd give them, don't know why he was always coughing on them though?

Morleystw
09-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Has anyone tried tradeing firewater and blankets and some shiny beads ??I blame the internet!!!lol!!

300wsmBrowning
09-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Ah my mistake I was confused by your other threads where you refer to the terms savages and primitives.

Once again please go run right through one of these blockades and see how that works out for you.
Wouldn't think twice about it, needs to be done or we might as well all kiss the few rights we have left good bye. Soon every resource we have we be in the hands of the highest bidder. Wake the F up people and stop cowering in the corner while these people sh*t on you and then whine about it later while you did nothing to stop it. WAKE UP!!! Politely giving up your legal right to hunt is not working is it? Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward.

wideopenthrottle
09-04-2015, 07:25 AM

no but they think (or want) only the keepers of the land to be trusted to hunt sustainably...cough cough..

BgBlkDg
09-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Wouldn't think twice about it, needs to be done or we might as well all kiss the few rights we have left good bye. Soon every resource we have we be in the hands of the highest bidder. Wake the F up people and stop cowering in the corner while these people sh*t on you and then whine about it later while you did nothing to stop it. WAKE UP!!! Politely giving up your legal right to hunt is not working is it? Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward.

EXACTLY, it is TIME to fight back and if necessary, use force to protect yourself and assert YOUR-OUR rights......and, the injuns and hippies will *fade into black*.

We MUST also make this and similar issues into major points in election campaigns and keep the pressure on all politicians to administer all resource decisions fairly. If not, social violence in BC is inevitable and will be far worse than many seem to realize.

kagia
09-04-2015, 09:07 AM
^This here^
Enough is enough.

knz31
09-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Mike Young is the outfitter as well I think the Creyke's....in the last blockade the outfitter came and went with no problems......

so, they have no problem letting an outfitter guiding foreign hunters in, but they block all resident hunters? that makes no sense to me.

edgar11
09-05-2015, 08:53 PM
HaHa ! What a bunch of whining babies on here. WahWah! BooHoo! You guys need to grow up and get with the times. Your old outdated racist remarks have been repeated to death. Do you guys come from the 60's or something or are you or your grandads from the bush? Get some new material if you are going to go on with your narrow minded childish slurs. Thanks. :razz:

300wsmBrowning
09-05-2015, 11:30 PM
HaHa ! What a bunch of whining babies on here. WahWah! BooHoo! You guys need to grow up and get with the times. Your old outdated racist remarks have been repeated to death. Do you guys come from the 60's or something or are you or your grandads from the bush? Get some new material if you are going to go on with your narrow minded childish slurs. Thanks. :razz:
Pretty obvious which side of the road block your from bud.

Wrj
09-06-2015, 12:02 PM

Thanks for helping us understand! Well put, and intelligently thought out! :roll::roll::roll:

40incher
09-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Hey There "Edgar",

The real "Tahltan" are doing themselves no favors by aligning with a bunch of faggy hippies to roadblock legal hunters ... hippies of course are funded by a Yankee anti-use group because they won't work for nuthin' ... unless their collectin' E.I. of course ... but then again that would be double-dippin' then wouldn't it !!!??? ...

You couldn't survive in the real world of hunting and gathering for food and soul ... instead you choose to be a burden to us lowly B.C. taxpayers!!

Don't trip over your lip bud ...

turbolar
09-06-2015, 10:16 PM
The real people in this world that pay and are a credit to this world are to busy supporting their families. They dont have time to do road blocks and expect others to pay there way in life. I say grow up and have some pride in your sad excuse of a life. Your family must be proud of you. NOT

tuner
09-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Sad thing is a lot of these kids come from affluent backgrounds, this is their Vietnam war protests, in 10 years time they will look back on their time at the road blocks with nostalgia, while trying to sell some native band on the benefits of some crooked scheme that will drain their finances.

mtnmannbc
09-06-2015, 11:22 PM
edgar11, what a daisy pusher, you are the weak that is killing society, i look at fools like you in disgust and can't believe you are breathing our air and the worst of it is, "pee-ons" like you actually get to vote. You are a runt that pees with the puppies and then thinks you can shit in the big dogs yard. You're a joke.

BgBlkDg
09-07-2015, 12:41 AM
Hhmmm, I get the distinct impression that you do not much like *edgar11* and others here also are not especially fond of him as well........poor misunderstood guy, eh.........

Walking Buffalo
09-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Who is going to buck up? Lay a complaint and follow through as needed, this group (wildlife defence league) is interfering with a legal hunt!
There must be at least one CO that will agree to dig into this.

hawk-i
09-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Who is going to buck up? Lay a complaint and follow through as needed, this group (wildlife defence league) is interfering with a legal hunt!
There must be at least one CO that will agree to dig into this.

This is where the real problem lies, with the CO's and RCMP allowing it to happen! :(

Walking Buffalo
09-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Has a complaint been filed regarding the wildlife defence league's involvement (physical and financial) in these blockades?

.330 Dakota
09-07-2015, 12:51 PM
I just got back from there,,,shot a goat on the Klappan,,,,,no blockade yet, but the word is they will be there around the 10th.
Talked with a RCMP officer that stated that the Taltan Nation asked them to remove any hippy protestors, as they dont want to be associated with them, and that the Taltan only want the area changed to LEH,,,still a bit of hypocisy there IMO, as the Taltan continue to shoot everything that walks. If the white hippies blocked the road it is legal to drive right through the blockade as long as no one is hurt etc,,,apparently the Indians have a right to the road as they spent money keeping it open,,,not sure of all the legallities, but thats what the copper told me.

edgar11
09-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Nice comebacks fella's. A lot of your comments had nothing to do with what I said but no matter. Your true colors are showing and i really don't care what you feel about me because for once I feel like the majority and not the minority here. HaHa!!!:razz: Thanks for the entertainment boys. happy hunting.

turbolar
09-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Your hanging out with the hippys to much edgar11. (pass me another fatty man)

.330 Dakota
09-08-2015, 08:50 AM
This is where the real problem lies, with the CO's and RCMP allowing it to happen! :(

Agreed,,,however the local RC and Co are really good fella's and they have literally thousands of miles to cover and there are only a few RC's and believe it or not Matt is the only CO up there,,,,he covers Bob Quinn to the Yukon border and east down to Muncho,,,,they need waaay more CO's,,,,and apparently the Taltan have assumed the responsibility of maintaining the road.

BgBlkDg
09-08-2015, 09:02 AM
edgar11, what a daisy pusher, you are the weak that is killing society, i look at fools like you in disgust and can't believe you are breathing our air and the worst of it is, "pee-ons" like you actually get to vote. You are a runt that pees with the puppies and then thinks you can shit in the big dogs yard. You're a joke.

WTF is a *daisy pusher*????

edgar11
09-08-2015, 02:24 PM

Why you so angry esay? I don't even know you. HaHa! :wink: Did i hit a soft spot of yours. The only comment i had was about Bigotry. Does that bother you? :)

edgar11
09-08-2015, 02:25 PM

I was wondering that too. :confused:

edgar11
09-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Your hanging out with the hippys to much edgar11. (pass me another fatty man)

How does commenting on other guys racist remarks have anything to do with hippies bud?

edgar11
09-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Hhmmm, I get the distinct impression that you do not much like *edgar11* and others here also are not especially fond of him as well........poor misunderstood guy, eh.........

Yeah why would anybody want to side with a guy who dispises bigots hey? What the hell is he thinking? He must be from mars or something.:)

300wsmBrowning
09-11-2015, 12:57 AM
Edgar11 you now have a whole page of mindless ranting. Good job you made a difference, don't really recall racist name calling, I do remember reading some actual facts though. Either way you really need a size 12 boot placed where your pant legs meet.

40incher
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM

I was wondering that too. :confused:

In my determination, a "daisy pusher" is akin to a leaf-lickin' hippy!!!!

nitro hunter
09-11-2015, 10:49 PM
As i understand it The term Daisey pusher comes from the protest on university campuses in the U.S during the vietnam war,On one side was the National Guard/Army and on the other side was the Student/Hippy/soon to be draftdodger protesters,When the soldiers would level their rifles at the protesters they the protesters would push daisies into the barrels of the rifles.

edgar11
09-12-2015, 09:33 AM

In my determination, a "daisy pusher" is akin to a leaf-lickin' hippy!!!!

If you mean I am concerned for our environment then I guess I am guilty. My bad.

IslandBC
09-12-2015, 03:11 PM
I thought the term daisy pusher meant "dead man" as in your 6ft under and pushing up daisies... Edgar not saying your a deadman. Just my two cents on the term.

Livinlarge
09-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Any current info on the original topic of this thread? The roadblock.

Swamp mule
09-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Yes they are located on 15km up the Suskwa rd east of New Hazelton

Mtn Wonderer
09-26-2015, 12:17 AM
FYI,

I just came down from the Dease Lake area Thurs, at the gas station in town I was talking with a local Rcmp office and asked if there was
a road block on the Klappan Rail Grade, she said that she heard they might put one up, but to her knowledge the road is not blocked.

.330 Dakota
09-26-2015, 12:29 AM
FYI,

I just came down from the Dease Lake area Thurs, at the gas station in town I was talking with a local Rcmp office and asked if there was
a road block on the Klappan Rail Grade, she said that she heard they might put one up, but to her knowledge the road is not blocked.

Thats interesting,,,they had fixed up the camp at the hwy and Ealue Lake Rd,,right at the Red Chris mine,,,they were supposed to blockade it on the 15th