PDA

View Full Version : LEH Moose 3-13 Nov 1-30 (do I need a snowmobile?)

Junmity
08-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Floated the idea that my son and I would probably need a snowmobile to hunt his LEH Moose for 3-13 in November and she did'nt throw anything at me.....

Just want to make sure it would actually come in handy for that hunt?

anyone with experience in that area have thoughts on it?

And if I get one, I also have a new warn 4000 winch laying around, is it practical to mount that on a snowmobile?

Thanks.

Steeleco
08-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Depends on where in 3-13 your going but more importantly it's up too the weather man. 2 years back a buddy got that draw and had no problem getting his game using his quad. A week later and that wasn't possible due to the dump that came and came fast.

I hunt a corner of 3-13 quite a bit, it's quite low but often we see moose, not lots but you only get 1.

Sniperdan
08-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Don't usually see enough snow in 3-13 in November to warrant a snowmobile. In fact you would be hard pressed to find enough snow to sled on that time of year usually. A good 4x4 truck or quad is plenty sufficient most years.

chilcotin hillbilly
08-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Don't usually see enough snow in 3-13 in November to warrant a snowmobile. In fact you would be hard pressed to find enough snow to sled on that time of year usually. A good 4x4 truck or quad is plenty sufficient most years.

what he says

riflebuilder
08-12-2015, 10:13 PM
The real question is do I want a snowmobile anyway and the Moose tag is a great excuse to go get one.

Sleep Robber
08-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Well, 2 years ago you could have used one if you were high enough up, but last year there was more mud than snow. Bring your quad and maybe some chains for the truck and you'll be fine me thinks.

On the other hand if that moose tag is gonna be the ticket to a new sled then you "DEFINITELY" need one.:tongue:

Junmity
08-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Couldn't resist....

I ended up buying a summit 800.....

now I have something to mount my spare winch on!!

also, I end d up getting a bison draw for oct 16-31 so it may come in handy there too.