PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Eastgate

heatherdaddy
08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
I am wondering if anyone has been up around Pasayten FSR lately. I am thinking of trying it this fall but know nothing about the area, just looking for any pointers in there not anybody spot or anything.
Just wondering if it has a lot of pressure or not for hunting? I am trying to get a Bear and a Deer this fall would that be a good spot to try?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

nzhunter
08-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I was up there August 1st for the rabbit opening. Lots of other hunters around (passed 8 trucks opening morning). I imagine in deer season it's a zoo. Not many trails to explore and off road is thick and steep. Saw one fresh bear scat and one mulie doe bounding into the distance in about 150km of dawn and dusk riding.
Happy huntin

olympia
08-11-2015, 10:05 PM
I was up there as well and I saw more hunters than actual game. I saw a few grouse and one doe and only a few old tracks in the dried up mud.

albravo2
08-11-2015, 10:19 PM
If you go up, PM me, I left a trailcam up there 2 years ago and haven't been back since to retrieve it. Too many cars and trucks. When cars can get there, you know there is going to be a lot of pressure.

That said, I do think it would be a good place to start hiking from. I'd head southeast from the far end of the road. The area does hold deer, we had a couple does coming into our camp licking our plates clean of my wife's patented Frank's Hot Sauce chicken wings.

Camp Cook
08-15-2015, 07:14 PM
I used to hunt this area a lot but far to much pressure for me now.