PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Warranty

Sellis75
08-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Anyone have any recent experience with Zeiss and warranty? Just noticed my binos have a crack in the housing, need to have repaired. Never used the warranty before, not sure if I even have receipt. Anyone have info? Turnaround time? Thanks in advance.

Sharpish
08-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Call zeiss Canada. if they have been dropped and broken they might charge you for repair. It's not the "no fault" warranty of some optics companies. They use an authorized repair outfit in Ontario. If the housing is cracked because of a casting flaw or something it would be free repair, and who knows, they might fix it free anyways. You won't need a receipt

swampthing
08-11-2015, 08:31 PM
I hope you have some time to wait for them!!!!!!!!! I bought a brand new 3x15x42 Z600 conquest in February. Mounted it up and hit the range. Found out the windage turret was seized. I had to send it to Korth for repair which I did in February. About a month ago I remembered that I owned this scope and called to see about it. The guy said my scope was in Germany and if I was lucky it would be on the current shipment to Canada. He said if it wasn't it would be a month before they would ship again!! Its been 5 1/2 months now and still waiting. You would have thought they would just send me a new scope. Love their products though. Hope they help you out.

Sellis75
08-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Ouch, i guess this hunting season may be an issue. Thanks for the reply.

WKCotts
08-11-2015, 09:28 PM
I sent my zeiss victory 10x42s back in February. I had scratched the lense coatings and they were really bugging me. I sent the Binos off to Ontario and was blown away when they showed up back at my door within a month. Not only did they recoat the lense, but the cleaned the Binos inside and out. Looked like I got a new pair back, pretty awesome

swampthing
08-12-2015, 06:36 AM
I sent my zeiss victory 10x42s back in February. I had scratched the lense coatings and they were really bugging me. I sent the Binos off to Ontario and was blown away when they showed up back at my door within a month. Not only did they recoat the lense, but the cleaned the Binos inside and out. Looked like I got a new pair back, pretty awesome

That's what I would expect from zeiss!!

Sellis75
08-13-2015, 11:04 PM
OK, sent this morning....will see how this plays out. Good luck to me.

swampthing
08-14-2015, 06:52 AM
Just phoned Gentec. My scope is still in Germany!

Zedbra
08-14-2015, 08:38 AM
I sent a scope in back in May, was told it could take 8-9 months if they decide to fix it. Well, they decided to just replace it and I got a new scope back in two months. I'm not sure if they fix binos in Canada, it sounds like they do.

Sellis75
10-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Well update, got a replacement set of binos today, no questions asked, no charges or anything. Just in time for hunting too....was like Christmas Day today. Can only say good things about my experience.

bighorn
10-03-2015, 10:44 AM
can anyone tell me the address and ph number for the company in canada that does there warranty work

sheephunterab
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
http://www.gentec-intl.com/

Kootenay Logger
10-03-2015, 04:54 PM
A year ago I dropped my 10-40 ziess bins breaking the eye piece, sent them to Ontario, had them back fixed cleaned and ready to go within a month! Because of that great experience with ziess I just got a new 75x spotting scope, expensive but worth every penny!

bighorn
10-03-2015, 06:29 PM
do you have to phone them??or do you just put them in a box,write a note about the problem,and put it in the mail.

Kootenay Logger
10-04-2015, 02:20 PM
I just sent them with a note what was wrong, and insured them at post office, and they sent them back

Sellis75
10-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I printed the form off the website, listed the problem, and they had back to me. Just make sure send with tracking....

sheephunterab
10-05-2015, 08:10 AM
do you have to phone them??or do you just put them in a box,write a note about the problem,and put it in the mail.

http://www.gentec-intl.com/service/

Sharpish
07-25-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm going to bump this thread! I've been waiting for a year for them to send me a replacement eye cup assembly for my Terra 10x42, every time I call Gentech they say Zeiss rarely sends them parts but I was first in line. So after waiting almost a year I called Zeiss USA to see if they could send me one directly. The lady told me that the eyecup was not a part that was produced by Zeiss and couldn't be replaced! (Even though it screws off) She told me to send them to Gentech and they would send them to the states and a new pair would be sent back to Gentech and then to me....

Well hunting season is approaching and that seemed like it could be fraught with delays, crossing borders twice, so I asked her if Gentech could simply send me a new pair without getting Zeiss USA involved. She agreed, I called Gentech and they agreed, I sent them to Ontario.

This morning I noticed that they had been delivered a few days ago so I called to inquire, the guy I had spoken to was on vacation and the manager was pretty unimpressed with the free replacement idea. He says he's going to look into it ... I told him it cost me $40 to ship them and I would be pretty unhappy if a new pair wasn't sent back...

So now I'm waiting for a phone call.

What good are $600 binoculars without easily replaceable parts? It's crazy if I end up with a $600 paper weight for the lack of a simple eye cup. grrr

suburbanpat
07-26-2016, 06:00 PM
I bought a Zeiss Terra, 4x12 -42mm earlier this year. They gave me scope caps for a 32mm. Sent the replacement out right away. Had it within a week. As for the scope, I've heard nothing all that good about Terra's but this one seems alright. I'll find out this hunting season thougb

Sharpish
07-26-2016, 09:03 PM
I heard from them yesterday, apparently they are shipping me a brand new pair of bins. Hard to believe the screw off eyepiece isn't available as a spare part, but I will happily take a new pair every time I break them. Gentec is a little disorganized but I'm happy again.

swampthing
07-31-2016, 08:25 AM
For a company that makes such great products its a shame there warranty is such a hassle.

Sharpish
07-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Well I called back in wondering why I hadn't been emailed a tracking number, and apparently they are back ordered. So I threw out the idea of getting an upgraded pair for their cost, well, long story short, I have a tracking number for a brand new pair of Conquest HD 10x42 on their way! It was $400 I didn't have to spend but now I have some true alpha quality glass that should last two lifetimes.

MadCat
07-31-2016, 04:00 PM
Zeiss has been awesome with me. Sent a scope in that fogged up and they sent me the new hd5. Same thing with a pair of binos that i abused and sent in.
Madcat

Sharpish
09-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I thought I should update you guys with my impressions of my new conquest 10x42. I had always been very impressed with the Terra but WOW the Conquest are nothing short of amazing. They are absolutely crystal clear. I was viewing mount Doug in Victoria from a couple kilometres away. With the naked eye, no features were visible, with the Conquest I could clearly see a viewing platform with hikers standing on it, I could easily count the number of hikers and even see them waving their arms!

Quality and feel is outstanding. I basically ended up paying half of retail all-in but these would be worth it. Swarovski or another alpha model must be better but for the price I think these are the best value out there.

twoSevenO
10-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I thought I should update you guys with my impressions of my new conquest 10x42. I had always been very impressed with the Terra but WOW the Conquest are nothing short of amazing. They are absolutely crystal clear. I was viewing mount Doug in Victoria from a couple kilometres away. With the naked eye, no features were visible, with the Conquest I could clearly see a viewing platform with hikers standing on it, I could easily count the number of hikers and even see them waving their arms!

Quality and feel is outstanding. I basically ended up paying half of retail all-in but these would be worth it. Swarovski or another alpha model must be better but for the price I think these are the best value out there.

Iv'e been eyeing these as my purchase for next year. Do you mind sharing how you got a deal that's half off retail? Thanks!

itsy bitsy xj
10-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Iv'e been eyeing these as my purchase for next year. Do you mind sharing how you got a deal that's half off retail? Thanks!
read his earlier posts , The new binos where hard earned with patience

Sharpish
10-08-2016, 09:48 AM
The Terra's I bought from a cabelas bargain cave in the states when the Canadian dollar was better for the equivalent of $280 Canadian. They were a return with no box but perfect condition. Then they allowed me to upgrade to conquest for $450 (damn them) after I waited for a year for a repair on the Terra's. And quite a few polite but firm phone calls. So it ended up being about half of retail after a lot of horse trading.

Zeiss has had a rebate on right now as well. $125 on conquest. I was two days too early buying mine or I would have knocked another $125 off the price.

swampthing
10-08-2016, 10:04 AM
I have been rocking the conquest line of binos and scopes for awhile. Great stuff. I think the 10x42 binos are the best mid level bino for the price. I tried the terra scope in a 4x12 and found it didn't compare to a browning scope, made by bushnell, that I had at the range as well that day. Its the only one I have tried but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I could read the smallest writing on my target with the browning but could barely distinguish that the writing was present with the terra. It is the only one I have tried though.