PDA

View Full Version : Cartmel Goat and Sheep Hunt

StuBrown
08-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Since getting the draws I have done a ton of researching and reading all kinds of old threads on here trying to learn everything I can. Thank you to everyone that has helped me so far with replying to my PM's. Also thank you for all the pictures that I have been sent. I am hoping to get a few more of peoples thoughts and ideas if possible.

Just the way it worked out I am not able to go until about September 10th. I am hoping to book my flights in the next couple days and get everything finalized. We plan on making a basecamp right on the lake and bringing a canoe. I have been told there are some great goats in there and that I will have do a lot of walking if I am to find sheep. I have bought and have all the topographical maps of the area.

Any kind of info would be amazing. Things like is it even worth bringing fishing equipment, how is the weather there in Sept, and anything that would be relevant in anyway to making the camping and hunting a little easier.

I have done a lot of moose, deer, elk, and bison hunting but have never done anything like this. I am looking to challenge myself and try something new. Thank you all in advance.

NorBC
08-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Go get em stew. Look forward to hearing about your trip!

604redneck
08-11-2015, 05:57 PM
You should be able to harvest a great goat and as for weather it can be really cold at night that time of year but hell it may be 30 degrees i would bring the gear for sub zero temps atleast to the lake. The sheep you will probably work for.

Caribou_lou
08-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Good chance of a Snow start of September. Will be easier to spot Sheep. Not for a Goats though.

Buck
08-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Rain, sleet ,sun ,snow repeat.Be ready for any weather and it can be chilly.We tried a bit of fishing with spoons but caught no fish.

GoatGuy
08-11-2015, 07:46 PM
The klappan is open and there are lots of goats and the odd sheep off of it.

Could be roadblocks that time of year mind you. Cartmel would be last choice in that part of the world

Jrax
08-11-2015, 11:37 PM
been to cartmel a couple times and found good hunting for goats in any direction. Rugged country but we would climb high where we could to vantage points and glass for hours.

StuBrown
08-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Thank you everyone for the help! I am looking forward to getting out.

digger dogger
08-14-2015, 08:32 PM
As was said, bring warm sleeping gear.
I've been snowed on in early August, and had to sleep, with toque on, and head in a -10 sleeping bag, in June, @ Cartmel.