PDA

View Full Version : Ct 110

Grinder
08-05-2015, 03:19 AM
So I have had a Ct 110 for years and years and don't have the papers for it. ​I heard a rumour that all off road vehicles, i.e. quads, motorbikes, and side by sides, have to be insured now. Anybody know if there is truth to this and also how the hell do you insure a bike with no papers?
Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Mishka
08-05-2015, 06:02 AM
A couple years ago I registered a CT90 that had no papers. Contact ICBC and they'll help you out. I had to send in a letter detailing how long I had it, where I got it, etc. ICBC did a search for previous registrations. In my case there wasn't any, but if they find it was previously registered, you need to make an attempt to contact that person via registered letter and get them to sign a transfer form. If that person doesn't respond or they're no longer at that address, you let ICBC know. You then fill out a form or a letter and get it notarized, go to ICBC and get the registration. Something like that anyway. It actually wasn't such a big deal. Just a little time consuming. - That's if you want to run the bike on the street.

popeye
08-05-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm in "exactly" the same situation, same bike too. I inherited the bike from my grandfather who passed away 20 years ago.

I've got no intentions of making it street legal...but was told by ICBC I need to do the above as well, and have it notarized.

This is all for the new FSR rules & registration. Way too much hassle. I think I'll take my chances. I asked, as long as its not on any FSR's I cant get written up. Where I go, its more of an emergency vehicle in case the truck breaks down.