PDA

View Full Version : Advice for bull moose in MU 7-08

tav611
08-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Hey guys got a leh for bull moose in 7-08. I was looking for help for accommodations hopefully a cabin or something in that area. Any advice on where to hunt would be much appreciated. Have hunted deer never moose. It's got a quad ban in the am as in reading the regs.

moosinaround
08-04-2015, 04:35 PM
I'd hunt the east boundary if it was me! Older cuts with swamps in them or adjacent to them. Hunt the rut, sept 20- October 10 before the cow season opens. I'm not entirely familiar with 7-08, but if hunt the east as access is not as favourable as it is in the west side of the MU. Lots of weekend warriors on weekends, so try to hunt during the weekdays! That's it, that's all I got! Oh, not too many cabins out that way, so I'd bring your own camp kit and fuel! Moosin

kebes
08-04-2015, 04:44 PM
I don't think there's a ton in the way of cabins in there. You might be able to find some sort of lodging in Hixon but then you have to drive in every morning.

junkyard_g
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
good access throughout the entire unit. very busy with hunters for alot of the season though.

takla1
08-09-2015, 12:26 PM
I used to stay in hixon at a bud's place and hunt in there.sure,it was a drive every day but we seen tons of territory and usually did pretty good.
After yrs of wilderness camping its kind of nice to go back to town every evening with all the amenities..