PDA

View Full Version : Lost creek FSR/ Sylvester rd closure

delboybc
08-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Hi All

Was up that way yesterday and just wanted to let you know that the bridge at I think it is either 6km or 8km is closed. It’s the bridge just before the large gravel pit shooting area.

They have put some large concrete blocks across the bridge and dug a large trench and dirt mound to stop traffic.

The guy I spoke with said that engineers had said the bridge is unsafe and will take a few weeks to repair.

The trench seemed a bit of overkill for something that will be fixed in a few weeks so will be interesting to see when and if they will re-open.

ruger#1
08-01-2015, 02:35 PM
There is more to it then that. COs have been up there a few times. There are also signs on Sylvester Warning that the bridge is out. Nice to see they are keeping an eye on Little Iraq. Quads are also being towed today on Burma Rd. The boys will be up there all day watching for idiots that do not know what campfire ban means.

Big Lew
08-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm all for people having fun as long as they do it in a sensible, legal, and
responsible manner. Unfortunately a great many that go up there don't
care about anything but themselves and having their fun even if it buggers
up others or the environment.
Just how close was that fire to you yesterday? Odds are that it was started
by one of the irresponsible party goers, but I haven't heard.

ruger#1
08-01-2015, 03:34 PM
That fire was at Ferndale and Dunsmure. Was a couple of kms away. Sure glad they gotten it under control. Burma rd is not a place to be now. A few members from Maple ridge Are up there now. Lots of tow trucks being dispatched. Seams like no one knows what insurance is. And drinking and driving is not allowed.

walks with deer
08-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Burma was my hunting haven as a kid glad I moved out of valley

Big Lew
08-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Burma was my hunting haven as a kid glad I moved out of valley

Yes, back in the 60's it was a great place for grouse, bear, and deer. I knew the shake cutters
working the area back then and would go visit them while hunting grouse. Seldom saw anyone
else in there. Other than launching my canoe a few times, I've stayed away from there since
because of the mess and the crowds of people. It's very sad to see such a former beautiful
area get so devastated...it looks almost like a war zone after bombing.

CaribooBC
08-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I remember hiking up to Sayres Lake from Stave Lake before the road was open to the public. It was a great place then.

B.C.Boy(100%)
08-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Good times up at the Ol Sayers lake Camp, all the cabins and mess hall when they existed.
Loved going camping out at Twin lakes, Salsbury Lk, Kenyon Lake & Cyprus Point, Davis lake was already too busy for my liking back then.
Stave lake and area was my home for the first 28years of my life.
Worked and played up there, kind of miss it from time to time.

Another area close by, was McNutt Mtn. loved it up there, haven't seen it for a long time now, wonder if it still accessible? Built many roads up there with K&B Timber so RD&M trucking could haul our logs to Whonnock Lumber.

Big Lew
08-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Good times up at the Ol Sayers lake Camp, all the cabins and mess hall when they existed.
Loved going camping out at Twin lakes, Salsbury Lk, Kenyon Lake & Cyprus Point, Davis lake was already too busy for my liking back then.
Stave lake and area was my home for the first 28years of my life.
Worked and played up there, kind of miss it from time to time.

Another area close by, was McNutt Mtn. loved it up there, haven't seen it for a long time now, wonder if it still accessible? Built many roads up there with K&B Timber so RD&M trucking could haul our logs to Whonnock Lumber.

Although I didn't work in those areas, they also were my playground between 1962 and 1980.
Took a lot of pigeon, grouse, and a few deer off Blue Mountain. Used to ride my horse all
over that Mountain (had a couple of close calls with cougars) in the deep snow. My
best friend and I had permission to ride our horses from there through the prison to
Alouette Lake. His dad logged for Jay Vee up there until he passed away. I drove his
logging truck down McNutt's road to the gate where he would then take it to the mill.
Was the same time frame up by Cedar (Sayers), Salsbury, Kenyon and Cyprus Point.
I had permission to be let in through both area's gates at the time....good times that
I really miss as well.

ruger#1
08-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I was goint up to Sayers, Thats when The cabins and cook house was in good shape. The cabins had flush toilets. I was going to stay up there one weekend. Some stupid assholes. They kicked the walls in and smashed everything. Now the RCMP are there every weekend. Giving tickets for fires. They even have to take the boat up. Idiots along the lake shore with fires. Lots of people not having insurance on their boat trailers. Boat and trailers get impounded. I hope they clean that area up. Same with Sylvester. COs and RCMP have been up there a lot. Lew that was my play ground. I used to have a black renegade CJ5. Was at every beaver pond with my fishing rods. I miss it a lot.