PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Puerto Vallarta info

Sitkaspruce
07-31-2015, 08:55 PM
We will be going down for a wedding at the end of Oct and I am looking at doing a little fishing for one of the species on my Bucket List.....Rooster fish.....plus maybe some sailfish...and anything else that we can fish for...LOL

There maybe 4-6 of us, so we have not decided whether to head offshore or do some inshore fishing.

Anybody been down that way and would recommend a guide to head out on. Any tips or tricks??

Thanks

Cheers

SS

blackford
07-31-2015, 10:19 PM
Following along. I am off to nueva Vallarta for New Years

ryanhuntslots
08-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Miss Adventure charters Captain is Fernando Covarrubias
(52)-322-225-5608 no one else was catching fish, he took us to a place with no one else, in 6 hours we had 4 dorado on, 2 into the boat and a 40 lbs rooster fish to boot, make sure to tell him you got his number from the drunk Canadian that gave him the I phone 5 lol

Cedar Cowgirl
08-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Get a hold of Scotty's Tours in Bucerias(just north of PV). Scotty is a former Vancouver Islander(let him know you are to) and he has always treated us great. Tell him you are looking for some real fishing action not one of the gang boats. I'm sure he will set you up at a great rate.

wiggy
08-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Get a hold of Scotty's Tours in Bucerias(just north of PV). Scotty is a former Vancouver Islander(let him know you are to) and he has always treated us great. Tell him you are looking for some real fishing action not one of the gang boats. I'm sure he will set you up at a great rate.
Yep this is where you want to leave from. Right now they will be fishing for cow tuna up to 300 lbs.
great to deal with and top end gear.

MB_Boy
08-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Hey Ken.....have a good buddy who fishes everywhere and has done PV a number of times. BCI from the BCFR forum. He says to contact Marla Sportfishing and to fish with Danny Osuna or his brother, they have fished the area for years. "Tuna should be GREAT at that time" I was told. :wink:

They have 3 Blackfins and a Rampage, roughly 45 minute cheap taxi ride from PV to the marina. May be the same port mentioned in earlier posts but apparently much closer to the good fishing grounds.

Sitkaspruce
08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Awesome folks!!!

Thanks for the ideas, will be doing some follow up this week and getting stuff sorted out.

Thanks again

Cheers

SS

brno375
08-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Definitely target cow tuna

Sitkaspruce
08-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks again folks!!

Still talking to different guides etc. They are all worried about El Nino and the effect it will have on the fishing this year. Time will tell.

One thing is that I have been whittled down from a 10-12 hour trip to a 6 hour trip.......

Cheers

SS

Kapow
08-30-2015, 07:34 AM
I took a chance with one of the beach vendors in Nuevo on four hour trip in the bay. Turned out to be one of the best fishing days of my life. My whole family came and we caught about 8 40+ lb yellowtail and a few small skipjack. 170$ and we were fished out after 3 hours and could barely move my arms the next day. Beer included too. His name is Ramone and he is usually on the beach between the Hard Rock hotel and Club Marival. Just ask some of the other vendors. They all know him. Good luck