PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on where to camp (Rockies-BC side, Revelstoke area.)

Schlash
07-31-2015, 08:29 AM
Heading back from Alberta next week with a trailer in tow and the girlfriend. I love the revelstoke area and want the girlfriend to love it to. I need a scenic, relaxing spot that will have the girlfriend wanting to come back. I'd like there to be a mild to moderate hike that we could take. The girl will be hiking, I would like to be scouting. I'll have fishing gear and waders along as well, but no boat. Would love to be able to do a little fishing along the way as well.

I know Revey pretty well so willing to look a little further east or west.

Does this spot exist? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

.264winmag
07-31-2015, 08:52 AM
Hiking: Mt. Begbie, mt Cartier, Mt. McRae, Keystone/stay in cabin, tough hunting but beauty country. Lots of creek mouths to fish from shore up lake revelstoke but less game up that way. Akolkolex south of Revy has decent trout fishing, hiking and scouting but might not want to drag trailer too far up fsr, might get into echo lake with it decent trout fishing there too.

Schlash
08-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Thanks .264!!

Ride Red
08-02-2015, 09:04 AM
A nice over night spot is down at the ferry just south of Revy on Arrow Lake. There are trails just off the highway along the way too; not tough trails, but easier walking.

Brizz
08-04-2015, 08:48 AM
There are some cool spots up the big bend highway (23) above the dam.

tenrag
08-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Head north from Revy up past the dam. There are a couple rec sites on the lake and they have great fishing.