PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hunted around 100 mile house

talver
04-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Has anyone hunted around 100 mile house for black bear during the spring? Hows the hunting up there? Thinking of going p mid may? is there any color phases up there???? not looking for any secert spots but a point in the right direction thanks guys

Silent Wolf
04-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Talver,

My parents have a cabin oh I mean a house there now, as to where abouts in 100mile are you thinking of hunting as it is a vast amount of land up there8)

Hell the hole bush is secert:lol:. As for colour phase I have mostly seen blackies running around up there. There aint no shortage of bear in the area.

Give me a PM if you want, our place is just east of 100mile house by about 1/2hour.

My hunting is on a ranchers hay feilds....... If it is like last year with being hot out they will be hard to find..

SW

HighCountry
04-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey Talver.try 70 miles house east side of green lake region 3:30.
I got one in the fall of 05 and saw a couple last fall during deer season.

srupp
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Helena Lake also holds good amount of bears.

Steven

srupp
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Helena Lake also holds good amount of bears.

Steven

Bigbear
04-24-2007, 04:23 AM
I have Hunted lots there. There is some Big bears out Forest Grove way all the way out to Hendricks and Bosk. There is some alpha fields ot Gang Ranch way. There is some reports of Bears Out around Horse Fly, I had a rancher tell me of a Black bear dragging off a young heifer.

mark
04-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Im from there we used to see 5- 20 bears a day while road hunting! Lots of color phases, about 1 in 20 bears for sure! head way east of town in mid-late may. My best was a 7 ft. light brown!

BearSniper
04-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Bears 100 mile

I'll give you a spot. There are so many Bears up there its not really anything you have to keep secret.8) Seriously, theres enough for everyone.

Go east of Bridge lake on hwy #24 to the Wavey Lake FSR and head up there to the little group of lakes about 9 km north. Work the cutblocks and you'll see Bears feeding in the spring.

Also you can go south of the highway on the plateau south of Lac des Roches, have seen bears in there when fishing in the summer.

You could actually come up the east route up the Coke and go north from Kamloops, turning west at Little Fort.

Best of luck and straight shooting8-)

pmj
04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I have only seen small ones in the Deka & Hathaway Lake area while hunting in the fall.

srupp
04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Big bear is right some reports of some LARGE blacks out near Horsefly..and QUESNEL LAKE..I was out last week in Horsefly no blacks but a set of impressive GRIZZLY tracks.
Markk is also correct for some reason about 40 % of the bears we see east of WILLIAMS LALE are not black in color from my AMAZING PANDA BEAR..to browns ..golds...reds...and a HUGE black bear was shot near Horsefly last spring 7 1/2 feet PLUS and huge pumpkin and very heavy..

steven

Orangethunder
04-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I have seen 5 now this spring along Hwy 24, all black, one of which was pretty big. I dont know how long, he bit me when I put the tape measure on his nose.

Seriously, they are out. If you are interested in the hide you should be out soon before they rub.

My .02 for what its worth.

mark
04-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Another note, look twice before you pound a trophy brown bear. Ive seen the odd grizz way east of town.

talver
04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Another note, look twice before you pound a trophy brown bear. Ive seen the odd grizz way east of town.

Will be trying to get it on camera, so wont just pound a gaint brown bear. just because of that reason.

Phil
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I have seen many bears there in the past years. I have also been told of grizzlies in the area last year although I have not seen one there yet.

hunter1947
04-27-2007, 05:41 AM
I have hunted into the cariboo mt range from north of likely ,there are some monster mulies in there as for some good moose hunting ,i took a moose out of there ,a 52 inch-er years back ,it was near Ghost lake. hunter 1947.