PDA

View Full Version : Leh moose 8-9 how rare are the Bulls ?

Warcry
07-30-2015, 05:00 PM
how rare are the Bulls in 8-9?

Daybreak
07-30-2015, 05:34 PM
It all depends on how long you cook them. 8-10 hours on a spit is about as rare as most people can handle.

scoutlt1
07-30-2015, 05:51 PM
It all depends on how long you cook them. 8-10 hours on a spit is about as rare as most people can handle.

Shhhhhh.....stop giving out these kinds of secrets! :)

Wrayzer
07-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Lots of em. And in some odd places. I had once a bull moose at 50 yards, a rattle snake on the ground underneath the log we stood on and a black bear on our trail behind us all at the same time in 8-09. Made us go huh.

tundra
07-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Have you heard of Unicorns!!???

Muliechaser
07-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Indeed good bulls around

TravisC
07-30-2015, 09:49 PM
One of the biggest moose Ive seen was along the chute lake rd heading up towards the resort.

Seeker
07-30-2015, 10:21 PM
World record comes from that area, lots of booners, you'll have no issues getting a moose there.:wink: Jokes aside, tradition is to tell us a little about yourself and a joke and the folks tend to be more receptive. Good luck on your hunt!

.300WSMImpact!
07-31-2015, 07:37 AM
hubard keeps the draw numbers low

Warcry
07-31-2015, 08:34 AM
this is only my second year of real hunting. 2 years ago on my 40th birthday I had this sudden desire to hunt. After 12 years of pressure from my brother Inlaw I took my core/pal and dove into the world of hunting( my wife likes
to call it hiking with weapons). The learning curve is amazing and last year I saw and learned some pretty amazing things. This year we put in for group moose with my son and brother Inlaw and we got Leh in 8-9 for November . I'm pretty excited, I'm still waiting to take my first large game animal. So far this year I've spent a lot of time scouting areas close to where I live . Gotta put in a lot of leg work it seems. Last year we found a sweet spot where there was a small ridge with a stream running through it , really nice subtle little valley. 4 am hike into our blind , just as the sun started to rise, I hear a branch snap not 30 yards from where I'm crouched down. Biggest mule deer I've ever seen!!!!! 4 on one side 5 on the other antler. Did I mention is was bow season? I'm all sweaty , reach over for my crossbow .... Guess who didn't cock it!!!!! Any way the big monster heard me and crashed away into the bush. My brother Inlaw and I chased him for a Solid 2 hours . The whole time I was given a lecture on why when we go into the bush my crossbow
needs to be cocked. This year I'm doing as
much homework as possible for moose. Brother says we got really lucky on the leh and need to make
this count . So I've got maps and books and just trying to gather as many resources as possible to make sure
i increase our odds . Anything advice wise any one can share would be amazing. I've fishes my whole life so I do understand the value of local knowledge . And should you need any Bass advice please feel free to ask!!

Seeker
07-31-2015, 10:59 AM
hubard keeps the draw numbers low

whatta ya mean, he is a model citizen and continually gives back......aaack! LOL

If you spend a week in there during your time slot you should be OK, I am in Kelowna, if you are struggling, please PM me. I know the area relatively well and would like to see a fellow hunter capitalize on the LEH system. In other words help to take one away from Hubbard (our local neighborhood guide outfitter). Our success means we should keep those opportunities. Cheers, good luck!

knockturnal
07-31-2015, 04:12 PM
i hunt 8-9 pretty steadily all season. Have seen a lot of moose over the past few years up there.

270ruger
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
I can give you some info just send me a pm if your having trouble finding them.

Mtn Wonderer
08-01-2015, 08:53 PM
shouldnt have to much trouble getting your moose in that region, good Mule deer and white tail too!!! go to Naramata, Smethurst and or Arawana roads, I have seen moose and moose sign!! Go get em!!!! lots of big Logging cuts up top.

Warcry
08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, really helps build some confidence that there will be some meat in the freezer this year.

Brizz
08-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Lots of moose in there and you have quite a few options in terms of spots. PM me if you get stuck - incredible to win it that close to home in an area with those odds!

bassplayer
08-04-2015, 09:29 AM
I got the 8-09 moose draw for October this year. Been 15 years since i last had that draw. Would call in big bulls every year since but didn't have the LEH draw to back me and had to let them walk. Seeing the big bulls isn't a problem. It's the immature bulls that are a rarety during the general open season if you didn't get an LEH. I gave up hunting moose after they started messing with the moose GOS and starting the season after the rut. Here's a pic of a bull i called right into my camp a few years back but i didn't have an LEH to finish the job.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/bassplayer1972/moose1.jpg

Warcry
08-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah ..... Now I'm really excited ..

M.Dean
08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
how rare are the Bulls in 8-9? Where's 8-9? All my maps are down in my reloading room and my backs really screwed up, so as you can see, it's way easier for me to type that try to climb stairs right now. Never been there, just wonder'in where 8-9 is.

Warcry
08-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Penticton okfalls north to okanaga lake park . Naramata area

Wrayzer
08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I got the 8-09 moose draw for October this year. Been 15 years since i last had that draw. Would call in big bulls every year since but didn't have the LEH draw to back me and had to let them walk. Seeing the big bulls isn't a problem. It's the immature bulls that are a rarety during the general open season if you didn't get an LEH. I gave up hunting moose after they started messing with the moose GOS and starting the season after the rut. Here's a pic of a bull i called right into my camp a few years back but i didn't have an LEH to finish the job.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/bassplayer1972/moose1.jpg

Gary called that one in with his early morning coffee farts. Imagine the bull that'll come into some real calls.

300H&H
08-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Gary called that one in with his early morning coffee farts. Imagine the bull that'll come into some real calls.

I bet he had to change his fruit of the Looms after all that "grunting"

Warcry
08-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the support and info . I'm really glad I joined this site. This is going to be a great season .

pg83
08-09-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll be out looking for an immy at the time. If you need a hand with anything shoot me a pm.

Backwoods
08-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Right on!!!!! You should have no issues with getting a bull out of there, I lived there for 26 years and hunted it for 20 yrs never was lucky enough to get an leh in that reg, but always seen bull moose while out hunting. Haven't been home in over 3 yrs so couldn't really lead you in a direction I'm sure it's change quite a bit since! Best of luck to yah!!!