PDA

View Full Version : boston bar bears

geno
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
well me and a few friends went out to boston bar for bears last weekend.
we left thursday for Anderson river FSR, the roads weren't all that great. we came across a big wash out on the main road and had to turn around to fine a camp site. and not two seconds later my buddie lee say's "BEAR". so we stop get out and dig out a gun from the back which is under all our gear. load up and take the shot. bear down. not the biggest but still food in the frezzer.... well the next day i spot a bear, but no shot. on the 3rd day we went for a morning hunt and didnt see a thing. so while im making my self some lunch the other two set out on there hunt walking down the road. needless to say a half hour goes but and i find out that my gun and smokes are LOCKED in the jimmy.. i was pissed cuz i want to get out hunting. so i start heading out down the trail, looking for them. well i get them on the radio, and we meet up and after a few min for me yelling at them we go our speret ways. so on my way back to camp to get my gun i get a call on the radio.. "geno we've spotted a big bear about 1.5km away. be ready we might need you to drive down to pick us up". so i get to camp and wait. a few min later "geno drive down to the river and take a left". so on my way down there i hear "he's down, we got him"
so we met up and we're all pumped. so i ask where's the bear.. o its way over there. it was a 250 yard shot up hill and across a river.. ok and how do we get over there? well it looks like there a service road over there. but after closer inspection there wasn't. well now the fun starts. we have to go down hill cross a river then head up another steep hill to the bear. clean this 300lb plus bear and get him to the jimmy.. 3 hours later, and where done.
the first pic is of the first bear, second and third pis are of the second and bigger bear.. and the last pic is for the anti's.. drove home with the bear on the roof.. i think he needed a cape.. a superman cape.

4pointer
04-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Congratulations on the bears and a good hunt.

HighCountry
04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice bears Congratulations on the bears and successful hunt.

pork n beans
04-23-2007, 08:37 PM
i worked up the Anderson in 98. I saw a cinammon bear up there. It's quite pretty if you can get in the back end there.

Derp
04-23-2007, 10:09 PM
right on, haha throwin the horns! great hunt

gary mok
04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Holy Molly Boston bar again! it made me so jealous of you,how many days did you spend there ?I think I should switch the place and go Boston bar instead,hope next time my turn......Congrat!!!

geno
04-23-2007, 11:59 PM
thursday to sunday.. there was a few other groups up there. as far as i know our group was the only group to get anything..
i could have hung 1 group of as****es. they were shooting a 22 down the road i was walking up. i was none to happy. people like that well i'll leave that up to your imagination of what should happen to them.

Mr. Dean
04-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Things are happinin!

Tell us... Was he feed'n on Skunk Cabbage?????

geno
04-24-2007, 12:35 AM
nope. good old fashion grass and clover

BearSniper
04-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Nice Bears Geno:smile:

Things are looking up. If the Bears are moving around that part of the territory, then May will be great.

Good job!8-)

Clam
04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Excellent bears!:)
Good use of alliteration in the title as well!8-)

BearSniper
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Geno

By the way, what caliber of rifle brought the first bear down so quickly ?

Just curious:smile:

geno
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
for both bears it was a good old 30-06. using 180gr hornady SST handloads.

jkosturos
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Geno #1 rule about hunting . Dont tell everyone your hunting spots !!! Jerad !!!