PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow an off road bike

ryanb
07-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi. I'm looking to borrow an off road bike of some sort. I want to do a scouting trip for my Roosevelt elk tag this fall. Instead of water taxiing in my quad just for a scouting trip I thought I'd take a light weight dirtbike in my own boat. I don't really want to buy one but would love to borrow one. I'd be happy to leave a sizable damage deposit, of which you could keep a couple hundred afterwards.

Looking for anything that one or two people can lift in and out of a boat and can climb hilly forest service roads.

Might be a long shot but I thought I would try.

Located in lower mainland.

BCHunterTV
07-29-2015, 03:37 PM
dirt bike rental...

http://variablerentals.com

ryanb
07-29-2015, 04:23 PM
The only motorcycle on that website is a canam spyder three wheeler. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Whonnock Boy
07-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Find and buy an xr100 or something along those lines. After the hunt, provided you did your homework and were not ripped off, you should be able to sell it for damn near what you paid.

RiverRunner
07-29-2015, 08:58 PM
What lake you have to cross?

longstonec
07-29-2015, 09:28 PM
You can rent Trials bikes at couple places. Much lighter then average DB at around 150lb. although not meant for long distance as tiny fuel cap.

chrscott
07-30-2015, 10:29 AM
I found this guy on Craigslist the other day, looking to rent out his bike:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/5099042555.html

CR250R though, not exactly a beginner bike, and you wont be sneaking around...

lwing
07-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Look up motoped, lightweight gas powered bike. I bought one. Would be perfect for what you want

allan
07-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Crf230f, this is the perfect bike for what your looking to do. Electric start, enough power and light enough.
When are you leaving for scouting?
I've used one before for the exact same thing.
I know someone who has one and might be willing to lend it out.
But I would imagine the damage deposit would be the price of the bike.... With your deposit back when you bring it back. There is a significant risk dumping a bike into the water when unloading or loading under less then desirable conditions. I've used his bike and the rule was if it went swimming I bought the bike....