PDA

View Full Version : Towing underwater cameras in tropical saltwaters

BULLNUTTS
07-28-2015, 10:16 PM
And so I'm all geared up for the latest adventures in tropical pacific waters-every thing from wicked tuna gear to fly rods!
My situation is this now-I wish to have towable underwater cameras with viewing screens onboard to watch and record as it happens action.Not only for the awesome footage in the ultra clear waters but for success and damage control too.Watching tuna,marlin,swordfish ect coming to baits and giving refusals is next best to actually sight fishing them.As those waters are world famous for the large sharks as well[same ocean as the Indianapolis was sunk in and the horrors that followed] that gear would save tons of gear if we could see large predators approaching the baits and clear our gear in time.
Last time I was there I hooked into a 12 foot blue marlin-I was seriously under equiped for him and it didn't last long.He knew he screwed up though and breached 15 ft in the air 4 times as he made his getaway.Most beautifull fish I have ever seen!!

The footage of the billfish swatting at the baits and then the strikes too would just be sooo cool!! Its a just must have.
Have any of the salty vets out there got experience in this awesome recording gear??Sure would appreciate any info at all here.......Good Huntin and very Tight lines BullNutts