PDA

View Full Version : Changes to BC park act

dbergen69
07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
If this article is true it is complete BS. I can't see myself supporting any party that votes for this bill. Might be tough to vote NDP but this would be a deal breaker. http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/5030406

Wentrot
07-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Old news. Year old

caddisguy
07-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Clearly the Parks Act was never meant to restrict industrial activity. It was just meant to make sure the plebs only camp in designated sites and pay $20-40 a night. Now it has been updated for clarification ;-P

Now stop reading things and resisting or they'll take books away from all us peasants.

Chango
07-28-2015, 06:50 PM
MUCH easier to simply change the parks act and plow straight through protected areas than to gain permission and pay out compensation to build over private land!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll200/BCChango/Building%20through%20parks_zpsmuigkjnc.jpg~origina l

srupp
07-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Hmmm seriously? Where do you think your CPP, OAP, provincial pension, or monies to run government, fund health, highways etc?
West of Williams lake has 5 parks,2 reserved areas and now the new private tchilcotin land..and natives are pushing for 300,000 ha for aboriginal park..
Logging needs roads to transport logs, gas and oil and mineral extraction..needs pipes, and ways to move the extracted gold oil ng..hmm its not the fairy cheque princess that magically supplies the needed monies for life..
Prepare and protect but move forward..
Cheers
Steven

Chango
07-29-2015, 02:37 PM
I find it hard to believe that without gutting the parks act, and building transmission lines and allowing industrial development straight through our protected areas that CPP, OAP and all government money will cease to exist....Sorry, its not that black and white and you can't distill the gutting of the parks act into an argument that simple. There needs to be limits and our government is dismantling all limits.

I'm also taken back with outdoorsmen and women, hunters and so called conservationists that will stand behind this type of systematic dismantling of our countries environmental protection, muzzling of our biologists and corrupt assessments.
The next time any hunter that stands behind this type of behavior from our government because.... MORE JOBS, gets into an argument with an anti-hunter, when you spew on about hunting and conservation being one in the same, and how as a hunter you are participating in conservation, you can be sure none of this is sincere as you are just regurgitating our own propaganda.

What would it take for you to say, this is too far, this is just not right? An open pit mine in the big horn ranges above Spence's Bridge?

Following this path of an infinite growth paradigm, bowing to our god economy, eventually there will be nothing left for our children and grandchildren to enjoy, just disasters to try and clean up, because our generations selfish shortsighted need to buy that new quad, new boat, newest smart phone, whatever.

srupp
07-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Hmm we disagree..on 2 points..oil and gas account fior 50 percent of the tsx..pretty significant for gdp..
Allowing pipes is not gutting anything..
There isnt any option in the west Chilcotin..show me your plan.....there are so many parks etc its like swiss cheese no room excet through them..
Again show me the alternative..
Steven

Chango
07-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Well I have no alternative for the west chilcotin, but you illustrate my point perfectly about being stuck in the infinite growth paradigm, bowing down to the machine economy we created.
"There isn't any option in the west chilcotin, to many parks, no room except through them, GDP, TSX, MORE JOBS" perhaps if there isn't an option...there ISN'T an option, leave protected areas and parks alone from industrial destruction. The gutting of the parks act, navigable waters act and many more is a recent systematic dismantling of environmental protections . These industries made it this far reaching 50% of GDP before the gutting of these protections, do they really need to get into parks and protected areas to survive?

We as hunters, outdoorsmen and woman, CONSERVATIONISTS should be the ones standing up against this type of thing not encouraging it.

HarryToolips
07-30-2015, 02:40 PM
^^^^I agree...

rides bike to work
07-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Slippery slope
give them an inch they will take a mile

BgBlkDg
07-30-2015, 03:48 PM
I completely agree, wilderness parks and those protecting rare biological phenomena and historical sites, MUST be preserved at any cost from the depredations of corporate industry and any other destructive forces.

I do not see any value in allowing ANY activity that will alienate any more of BC's wilderness landbase and am now re-thinking my former support of various resource projects.

Avalanche123
07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Well there is already an open pt mine (Imperial Metals) on Todagin Plateau which is a Park....and if you don't know is respectable stone sheep habitat. Where were you when that was going on? Me thinks that once the "dust settles", the sheep won't mind their new neighbours.

As srupp said, the Province needs to run on something....(And no I am not stuck in the "infinite growth paradigm" that you refer to. :)

srupp
07-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Hmm lots of no....but everyone wants a family Dr., roads, schools, anyone turning their cpp back? Or old age security? Absolutley eliminate it WHEN there is an alternative that pays the bills..
Right now it is paying the bills..Greece and its financial problems are not sn attractive alternative..
Srupp

dbergen69
07-31-2015, 12:15 PM
Once we start down the road of industrial activity in parks where does it stop? I am all for industrial development, it is what pays the bills, but I think we to to leave the parks alone.

Seeker
07-31-2015, 12:29 PM
hmmmmm ......Cadomin mine anyone? That site has produced world record sheep that hunters take advantage of on a regular basis. Both sides have valid arguments, I tend to lean on the conservationist side, but we could get a win win out this with some negotiations, ex habitat enhancement in surrounding areas at the expense of prosperity......

dracb
08-08-2015, 01:21 AM
I think the word you meant to use was protectionist not conservationist. Also these industries reached 50% of GDP because they were able to enter into areas where the resources exist and establish access routes to markets. The resources are not everywhere. they are site specific. You might want to consider that most of these parks and protected areas are relatively recently established and have only in recent years become impediments to utilization of resources requisite to the maintenance of the provincial and national economies. Parks sited over natural access routes effectively sterilize much larger areas of the Provence, an effect not missed by protectionists.