PDA

View Full Version : Scouting the Klappan this weekend

.330 Dakota
07-28-2015, 06:21 AM
My son, and I and his buddy are headed for the Klappan this weekend to see if the road and railgrade are passable for September. Truck, quads and a dirtbike,,,,hopefully the railgrade isnt washed out like it was last spring. Talked to a CO named Matt out of Dease Lake who was in there in May and said he drove his pickup to the 110km point,,,so fingers crossed.:D

BgBlkDg
07-28-2015, 06:43 AM
Lucky bugger!!!

.330 Dakota
07-28-2015, 07:22 AM
Lucky bugger!!!

Hope So....lol

DoubleDD
07-28-2015, 08:15 AM
I have heard there was a wash out, not sure how big. Heard it was around the 27 km I have not been in there so I can not confirm this info. Best of luck.

Buck
07-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Have fun i drove it down to about 110 k a few years back.Around the 90 k mark big native walltent camp on the right side of the road can't miss it.Then further down there is another airstrip camp spot at 110.After that the road narrows and gets a bit rougher looks like good caribou country.As long as you can get over the bridge you should be able to get around any washouts with the bikes.

sed8ed
07-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Lucky bast*rds... have fun up there!!

Mik
07-28-2015, 11:00 PM
That's a great area up there, I hope you make it

BromBones
07-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Keep an eye on those narrow spots. There were some pretty nasty washouts. It's been getting patched up here and there but high water would have been in June so there will be some more damage from what the CO saw in May.

Good luck though, it's beautiful country. If you're scouting it looking for a moose in Sept, take some time to climb one of the slopes on the park side and check out the valley from up high - you'll see some spots worth getting into.

.330 Dakota
07-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Keep an eye on those narrow spots. There were some pretty nasty washouts. It's been getting patched up here and there but high water would have been in June so there will be some more damage from what the CO saw in May.

Good luck though, it's beautiful country. If you're scouting it looking for a moose in Sept, take some time to climb one of the slopes on the park side and check out the valley from up high - you'll see some spots worth getting into.

Thanks BromBones, we are headed out in the morning,,,

T10000
07-31-2015, 10:04 AM
Hope your skouting weekend went well...

Lets hope that we don't have road block issues this season as we all can get creative if all we have to deal with is a wash out....