PDA

View Full Version : 7-17 canoeing the surrounding lakes and rivers?

SPILTZ
07-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Hey everyone,

My father inlaw managed to get a moose draw, so as stated in the title, looks like we are heading to 7-17. He's managed to go for a look-lou already and found a couple camping spots and have some general ideas where to hunt. But we are curious if it s worth bringing a canoe and try the surrounding rivers, streams, lakes and ponds? We are novice when it comes to the canoe so just looking for any intake from some more experienced folks that might know that area well. Any Pms are welcomed and look forward to hearing what anyone has to say.

Thanks in advance !
SPILTZ
Allen

Flingin' Sticks
07-28-2015, 08:16 AM
It probably couldn't hurt too much, especially if you're planning to stay on flat water. Unfortunately I don't know a ton about the rivers in that area, so unless you can get some really good info from someone else I'd say respect your limits in the boat and stay on shore.

Just a heads up, I was talking to a friend yesterday and there is talk of the Bridge at ~45km on the pass lake road (just past pass lake and the Fang Mtn trailhead) being pulled due to disrepair at some point. It sounds like its in really rough shape and the operators out there want it gone, but I don't know when they're planning to do so. If they pull it ASAP it may limit access to some of the areas in the zone.

Good luck in there. It's thick in the bush but you won't see too many other hunters I'm willing to bet.