PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting in/around Pavilion BC

Carrollizer
07-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone on here had any experience hunting deer around Pavilion. MU 3-30 to 3-33
I'm not asking for honey-holes but would just like to know where a good starting area would be.

We got the boot from our other hunting spots around Pemberton due to them building a dam and continuing the logging up there.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Carrollizer
07-28-2015, 03:19 PM
I take it Pavilion BC is not a good place to hunt...

Mikey Rafiki
07-28-2015, 04:03 PM
There's a few threads that mention some FSR's, lakes and towns nearby if you search for them. Looks like some nice country but never been there.

markomoose
07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Hat creek used to be a decent spot but I haven't been there in years?

Carrollizer
07-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys,
I have been searching in the forum about pavilion but nothing comes up.
Still looking for some direction for hunting areas. The view from google maps seems like a promising deer habitat.
Hope someone else has some more insite on Pavilion

bc traper
07-29-2015, 12:15 PM
You have Hat creek reserve Pavilion reserve Fountain reserve along with other ones all in that area

Steve W
07-29-2015, 02:03 PM
North of Hwy 99 anywhere between the Jct of 97 and the Paviliion/Clinton road is pretty much all decent deer country. The reserves are not very deep there, but there is some ranchland that is private, however there is a lot that isn't once you get a ways north.

Boner
07-29-2015, 03:26 PM
I drove the Clinton to Pavilion last week, it was a nice drive. There's enough ground in there to make it worthwhile if you hunt on foot. There's a transmission line right of way up there too.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the huntable ground starts about 10 km from the Pavillion side, to the switchbacks towards Clinton. After the switchbacks the houses and ranches start again.

ducktoller
07-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Lots of good land all around region 3 in that area and 2-11.

I know proguide66 hunts around d there and you should see the blacktails he produces

Rob Chipman
07-29-2015, 08:44 PM
I'd also consider staying on the west side of the Fraser, all the way to Big Bar Ferry/ Schraeder Lake area.

Sharpish
07-30-2015, 09:39 AM
Are there any good populations of sheep up near pavilion lake? I put in for the LEH there and didn't get the draw but I was wondering the odds of finding a legal GOS full curl ram up there. I know it's hard to find cali's that go full curl as even the old timers are broomed way back.

Carrollizer
07-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the Info guys! I'll have to let you know how it turns out this season. Fingers Crossed.
Sharpish, I'll keep an eye out for sheep.

Bugle M In
08-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Thanks for all the Info guys! I'll have to let you know how it turns out this season. Fingers Crossed.
Sharpish, I'll keep an eye out for sheep.

take some pics if you do head up...would be nice to see what that countryside looks like.
good luck

RB2
08-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Lots of good land all around region 3 in that area and 2-11.

I know proguide66 hunts around d there and you should see the blacktails he produces

Pretty sure he ain't huntin blacktail around there. Wolf - pretty sure he is

Bugle M In
08-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure he ain't huntin blacktail around there. Wolf - pretty sure he is

LOL....so true!

wsm
08-02-2015, 07:33 PM
lol , this sounds like a question for jelly

Carrollizer
08-12-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm going to go scout this area at the end of August.
Would it make more sense to get to Pavilion hunting areas via Lillooet or from Pavilion?
Someone said that staying west of the Fraser would be better. But the Big Bar Ferry looks like it would be pretty fun to cross.

Any other tips from you guys?

honeyman76
09-16-2015, 07:20 PM
HI Carrolizer, I live in Lillooet. I'm a sad hunter though. But have traveled to the end of West Pavilion Forest Service Rd. Lots and lots of country up there. There are too many side roads to hit it all in a week or a month for that matter. Its gets a lot of hunting pressure not only from us locals, but also LM folks. Still, every time that I go out, I see deer. I see deer where you wouldn't expect to see them. Its steep country. The Big Bar Ferry is kind of cool.

Aside from that, I am in the same boat as most. best thing to do is get out there and cruise around. Explore and see the country. Its pretty neat out there!

Looking_4_Jerky
09-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Something to keep in mind is that a ton of that country gets better later in the season. As Honeyman said, it can be outrageously steep in places, but don't rule that stuff out.

Carrollizer
09-17-2015, 01:49 PM
UPDATE**
So I did go there a few weeks back. I saw some deer, grouse, and a few hares, it seems like a promising area. Will be back in November and see how it goes
Hopefully there inst too much pressure on that area, we also went quite far from Lillooet up the FSRs.
What do you mean LM folks? Did you mean FN folks?

Sylus
09-17-2015, 02:09 PM
I think he lower mainland folks

Carrollizer
09-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Then I guess my hunting buddy and I will add to the lower mainland pressure:-)

markomoose
09-17-2015, 07:51 PM
As long as you're not from the Island it's OK!

honeyman76
09-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Its a free world for the most part. I mean nothing negative toward Lower Mainland hunters (LM) I know a lot of people in the area here and you notice people that aren't from town when out hunting. Its no biggy. There is plenty of game out there for everyone.

Lots and lots of grouse out that way today.

markomoose
09-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Relax
Its a joke!Cheers Mark

ruger#1
09-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Take the upper hat creek road to Blue Earth lake. There are some big deer in there. A few moose. Lots of bears. You will be on some parts of the hat creek ranch. Hunt the poplar groves. Lots of nice country. And get off the roads and hunt.

ruger#1
09-18-2015, 06:15 AM
Are there any good populations of sheep up near pavilion lake? I put in for the LEH there and didn't get the draw but I was wondering the odds of finding a legal GOS full curl ram up there. I know it's hard to find cali's that go full curl as even the old timers are broomed way back.If you go to Blue Earth lake. From Spences bridge way. You might see a few sheep. You can also go in from the Cache Creek garbage dump.Lots of roads. We had the horses up there. Roads used to be good. Lots of grouse in September. Good luck.

Carrollizer
09-18-2015, 12:48 PM
To the locals who hunt this area... How's the snow in mid November on and around the West Pavillion Road? Is there any?
I'm planning on bringing chains regardless, just would like to know what I could be driving into

Thanks guys