PDA

View Full Version : Spain italy UK croatia fishing

Steelpulse
07-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Heading to all these locations for trout, grayling, various carp species and maybe pike. Back packing for 75 days, missing first 45 days of hunting season but back in the interior for the rut and a late spike moose maybe, no leh this year.

Anyways to the point has anyone fished in these countries and wants to share their experience or advice?

gunsandhoses
07-24-2015, 07:45 AM
UK

(Freshwater fly fishing) - Southern Chalk streams is a must - Scotlands rivers for a Salmon (if you can afford it)

(Salt water fly fishing) Sea Bass - find a nuclear power station and fish it's warm water outlet - (you'll need an 8 weight with a sink tip)

Course fishing - tons and tons of Carp, Zander and Pike in virtually every county - the Brits love fishing

Spain

Mouth of the Ebro River - L'ampolla is a great place to base yourself for fishing that whole area.

http://youtu.be/SNC-0winb-Q

heres a couple of forums you may want to surf - contact Austin at uk saltwater flies - he will point you towards awesome fishing all over the UK - France and Spain. (he is a mate)

http://www.uksaltwaterflies.com/index.html.

http://www.medflyfish.com

OutsyderBC
07-24-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm in Kamloops, lifelong 4th generation angler and from the UK, drop me a line and I might be able to help you out.

In the UK if you are thinking trout and Salmon, then expect managed reservoirs with stocked Rainbows and there is some good river fishing for browns but that is usually at a cost. Salmon fishing? Well, that is probably the worst value for money fishing in the world!
Some good Grayling fishing around, a species I really enjoyed chasing

Course fishing is king in the UK especially Carp…….why anyone would have such a desire for such boring fishing for big, fat ugly scaly pigs is beyond me!:wink: But that is where it's at and is easily the most popular fishing past time.

I was (and really miss the species) mainly a Predator angler, I fished for Pike perch and Bass in Saltwater mostly and occasionally other lure and fly hitting species.

My old man is bonkers keen fisherman and travels, he has fished the Ebro in spain and caught huge carp and 200#+ Wels Catfish.

I know nothing of Eastern Europe, but you will find info on european fishing forums.

Expect to but a fishing (environment agency) license in the UK before you even fish at around £25 and then you will likely have to buy a day ticket specific to the venue and return your fish other that trout and salmon, don't expect to be getting anywhere to yourself either! Good fisheries are generally busy or very secret!
Saltwater fishing is free and basically take what you catch.

Drop me a line if you need to know anything specific

Cheers!

Marc

Steelpulse
07-24-2015, 10:37 AM
I have fished trout in the UK the chalk streams are amazing, i might make it for trout this time butill be doing similar in croatia, the river gacka, crystal clear very green and very nice. Ill be targeting browns rainbows and grayling and maybe pike in another location in croatia.

I love carp so i am fishing for them in Pamplona spain sight fishing with fly rods, I think the river argo.

Trout in florence in the mountains as well carp in turin.

Wish i was going for salmon but not in the books this trip i might fish some sea locations not sure

Ill have a 4wt and my tenkara gear ready for any trout i see and any carp or coarse specieand a dozen flies

ill be sure to post my photos here during my trip

thanks for all the help

two-feet
07-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Wells catfish, check it out on river monsters