PDA

View Full Version : 7-40 Grizz

shortrange
07-22-2015, 11:43 PM
I was talking about my upcoming LEH grizzly hunt in 7-40 with a buddy and he said the local Natives want you to ask permission to hunt on Crown land since they consider it theirs. Anyone experienced this? Got any tips?

Rackmastr
07-23-2015, 08:10 AM
I've hunted in one of the zones that the natives request you contact them. I did it and it went pretty well for me. The request is listed in the regs as well if you want to find the info there.

Tips? Find a big old lunker bear and take him home with you! :)

BRvalley
07-23-2015, 08:13 AM
http://www.tsaykeh.com/automated-hunter-checkin.php

BRvalley
07-23-2015, 08:15 AM
I was there this spring, filled out the link above, bumped into a few locals and seemed courteous enough...but I've heard the stories, I camp pretty minimally so I packed up every morning before I took off, pretty quiet in the spring but I'd imagine the fall is a bit busier back there

Boner
07-23-2015, 08:49 AM
That's a good looking form. Who knows, it may help in a S&R one day, having that information on hand.

hunteryad
07-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Great Form, just filled one out for 7-38 area. Thanks!!

scoutlt1
07-23-2015, 02:33 PM
It will be a cold day in hell when I fill out a form like that.

hunteryad
07-23-2015, 04:26 PM
My thinking is when your in there so called territory, it's better to get along with them than cause trouble. Don't need items taken or truck vandalized etc in country like that. If you don't ask for trouble it prob wont come your way......so just gona play the game....

shortrange
07-23-2015, 07:15 PM
I figure I will go along to get along. I don't live there and I don't want to be looking over my shoulder. . .

Walking Buffalo
07-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Is this a legal requirement to access these lands, or simply a request by the Indian Nation and the BC government?

If it is NOT a legal requirement,

Complying with this access notification request will help build the legal case and standing for these Nations to control public access to these lands.

Being passive in this instance will NOT better the public's chances to access these lands in the future, but quite the opposite.

As Always, understand what you are signing.....

What's next, notifying the outfitter before entering their territories?

2tins
07-24-2015, 03:54 AM
Tell them to f--k off if you run into them. Otherwise don't say a word.

swampthing
07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
I was there this spring. It didn't take long for the locals to spot me. One fellow came into my camp for a visit. I hid the drink I was having. He was a good dude and I enjoyed a half hour chat with him. I was nervous though. I did fill in the hunter form with the band here in PG. I made the local fellow aware I had done that.