PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 any bull

Livinlarge
07-22-2015, 05:26 PM
So after getting skunked on draws again our group is going to do the drive up to region 6 for any bull moose. You might remember me frantically posting last year after finding out our destination had been roadblocked. Plan is to head out to the same area again but with multiple backup plans this time.

Ive got some questions about some areas I'm looking at. I cannot find much info on these areas on the net. If you have knowledge of the dease lake area and don't mind sending a pm I'd appreciate it. Just want to bounce a few ideas off someone in the know without announcing what I'm thinking to the whole internet.

cassiarkid
07-22-2015, 07:08 PM
I grew up in the Cassiar Mtns and went back up last year for a moose hunt. Back in the eighties, you could hunt an area and not see anyone for the weekend. We went to a great spot we used to hunt and counted 17 hunters on a 20 km stretch of road. I was very disappointed to say the least. Everyone is flocking to Region 6 because you can shoot any bull. That is ruining the area, such a shame!!
I would pick a few areas because you will not be the only person there, and may need to move until you find some breathing room. Any of the spots mentioned in the reg's will be very busy, Good Luck!

two-feet
07-23-2015, 06:17 AM
There are other areas i would choose before dease unless you are flying in. There just is not that much access up there, and the only roads in the area have hunting restrictions. Many areas in region 7, or the southern part of region 6 would be better in my opinion.

unless you are willing to walk a fair ways in and out of course.

Livinlarge
07-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Unfortunately that is what I have been hearing is that access is limited. What access there is tends to be quite busy. The areas I am considering aren't your typical drive to and camp spots. It would require a lot more effort to get to, hopefully away from the crowds. I'd just like some local knowledge to see if it's worth the effort.

two-feet
07-25-2015, 09:22 AM
There are certainly some alces alces up there, and if you can get away from the gong show its as good as bet as anywhere else. If i was doing that hunt i would bring a boat and explore some of the oxbows off of the dease river, and some of the lakes up there.

07-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Soon to go LEH like every where else .......