PDA

View Full Version : This is a bit concerning

Wagonmaster
07-22-2015, 08:52 AM
http://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showtopic=53100

bubbakeg
07-22-2015, 11:23 AM
does this mean we'll be drawing straws to see who's turn it is to stay behind & guard the camp each time we head out? setting up a trailcam to watch the camp so you've got good evidence to get the sh!theels busted?

boils the blood hearing about crap like this!

adriaticum
07-22-2015, 11:27 AM
does this mean we'll be drawing straws to see who's turn it is to stay behind & guard the camp each time we head out? setting up a trailcam to watch the camp so you've got good evidence to get the sh!theels busted?

boils the blood hearing about crap like this!

No, that means you are going to have to buy a batch of C4 and a proper detonator, with your Mountain House.
SSS

Stroodle
07-22-2015, 11:30 AM
I started placing trail cams at our camps and was amazed at how many people I saw checking things out while we were away and out hunting. I forgot on one trip last year to set it up and came back to all our fuel, booze and pain killers had been taken. I will never forget to set up the cams again. Too bad the back woods have come to this!

BgBlkDg
07-22-2015, 11:43 AM
The use of the term *white man* tells me all I need to know and I have encountered such behaviour while working alone on Athabaska Tower, for the AFS, 25 years ago. I was harassed, threatened and grabbed when I went outside to try to calm down a gang of them at 12:30 one night.

They, had driven up the access road, drunk and looking for trouble and I finally got them to leave. I WAS armed and could REALLY shoot in those days but did not want to kill anyone.

The Ranger reported this to the RCMP next morning and I went in and spoke with them the second day, but, NOTHING was done........however, I was ready but they never came back, although they had threatened to do so.

Now, I NEVER go anywhere unarmed and I WILL defend my family, pets, home, camp, truck and possessions and I can still shoot a little.....

Time for a militia, IMO, take the fight to the enemy and show the vermin we mean business.....................

BCBRAD
07-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Canada needs a stand your ground law as well as the castle doctrine that is clearly written.

adriaticum
07-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Canada needs a stand your ground law as well as the castle doctrine that is clearly written.

Nothing is clearly written by the law peddlers.
If it was clearly written they wouldn't have a job.

Gr8 white hunter
07-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Blast them with 000 buck and throw them in the river.

russm86
07-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Blast them with 000 buck and throw them in the river.

Shot from shotguns don't have rifling marks to identify which firearm they came from just have to remember to pick up your shell ;)

BCBRAD
07-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Nothing is clearly written by the law peddlers.
If it was clearly written they wouldn't have a job.

Ya, I was dreamin' again. :(

dakoda62
07-22-2015, 01:21 PM
This has been a problem in Cariboo area for years, buddy had his truck broken into on the main drag in Williams returning from a buffalo hunt. Broke a window destroyed steering column.
All they took was a bottle of rum left all the hunting gear alone.

caddisguy
07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
This has been a problem in Cariboo area for years, buddy had his truck broken into on the main drag in Williams returning from a buffalo hunt. Broke a window destroyed steering column.
All they took was a bottle of rum left all the hunting gear alone.

What I'm hearing is always leave a bottle of cheap rum mixed with lots of ex-lax. Makes tracking the culprit easy.

ruger#1
07-22-2015, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=caddisguy;1661926]What I'm hearing is always leave a bottle of cheap rum mixed with lots of ex-lax. Makes tracking the culprit easy.[/QUOTE ]Viseen eye drops. Works wonders and is clear. and odorless.

srupp
07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Hmm I am constantly warning fishermen, hunters the potential for theft and vandelism, and racism..happens daily..it is their life...
Guys they do not care..the courts have decieded nothing is going to happen to them period.
They shoot at RCMP...they dont care..
Its a different worl with different rules..i have worked among them for 35 years.
Do not put yourself in harms way..I do have suggestion for if you feel you must hunt west of Williams Lake..for your safety. .
It actually is far worse than any of you know..
Steven Rupp

hare_assassin
07-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Viseen eye drops. Works wonders and is clear. and odorless.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

wideopenthrottle
07-22-2015, 02:17 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/b-c-man-killed-by-rcmp-identified-as-anonymous-members-quarrel-over-retaliation

perhaps this guy would have been ok if he had not been wearing a mask and could be seen plainly as a native....cops do seem to give them more latitude..

BgBlkDg
07-22-2015, 03:20 PM
As to the RCMP and their seeming acceptance of criminal, violent, threatening behaviour by Canadas primitive minority, I can say that most of the many members I have known and worked with absolutely loathe and despise these characters, but, must obey orders from the politicians who run Canada.

So, all they are allowed to do is keep them from attacking decent, taxpaying citizens and us from retaliating in kind.....sooner or later, there will be some "whities" killed by radical types and then there will be a major change in government policy or there will be a bloodbath and WE will prevail.

Remember, when you vote, it has been the NDP and Lieberals, who have given the troublemakers the impetus to behave as they now do and these benighted dipshits want to give them more...........

Wagonmaster
07-22-2015, 04:30 PM
I started this thread because our group has a moose tag for west of Williams Lake. Haven't been up there since 2012. At this point we are still planning to go, but, I suppose that could change before October. I may contact the RCMP in Alexis Creek to get a heads up before we go. We have had pretty poor luck getting tags so it would be a shame to waste one. In the past, we have always filled up at the Native gas station in Alexis Creek, but won't do that again. Where is the last station, heading west, before Alexis Creek that has diesel?

Ride Red
07-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Sad that a few bad apples ruin the barrel. I wouldn't miss my hunting opportunity over this, just put up a couple trail cams and leave everything out of site. From past experience, most people don't feel comfortable when a guy walks out his trailer door with a shotgun. They have a tendency to leave the area quicker than they arrived.

markomoose
07-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Lee's corner may have diesel? I usually fill up in Redstone but have never recieved a warm welcome as I am of the wrong color?I fill up at Williams Lake and bring extra jerry cans.

srupp
07-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Yes Diesel at Lees Corner....ouch $$$$$$$...again any hunters send pm and I will privately give helpful suggestions based on long experience and current updates..but not publically.

Cheers
Steven Rupp

gutpile
07-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Well i hope you enjoy your 2 week hunting trip then , if it was me
i would stay away .
When i go hunting i want to enjoy my time in the woods and be at peace in my mind .

srupp
07-22-2015, 05:55 PM
My 16 year old son and I are going on a two week hunt this fall. We will be spending time primarily in 5-14, but will probably dip into 5-13 and 5-4. We will be fishing and camping there as well. I am a resident of B.C., and am entitled to do so.
I/we are not expecting any "issues".
If there are any "issues", I will surely make sure that we are safe first, and after that, for the RCMP to do likewise.
No one should or will interfere with our legal hunt. To do so is against the law. If our camp/vehicle is vandalized or subject to theft, I expect the perpetrators will be dealt with.
I don't necessarily believe anyone in today's society will threaten me or either of my sons, but if they do, they will be dealt with accordingly, regardless of what legal activity we are engaged in, or what area of this province and country we may be in.

Just my two measly pennies.

Hmmm my .02..you have great points..coming from lower mainland you may not reaize there is shyte you cant even imagine ..seriously..
The offer is there for guidence ..for you and your families safety...
Everyone always says after the fact I never would have thought that could happen..

I do want you togo enjoy but be prepared..
Srupp

gutpile
07-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Srupp can you give us a little insite into what is really going on up there ? why is ther so much hate for whites ?

ducktoller
07-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Hmmm my .02..you have great points..coming from lower mainland you may not reaize there is shyte you cant even imagine ..seriously..
The offer is there for guidence ..for you and your families safety...
Everyone always says after the fact I never would have thought that could happen..

I do want you togo enjoy but be prepared..
Srupp

While I differ from most in this thread on the native issue I'll back up that the issues in that area are different than in most of the province.

A lot more agression and hate coming from both sides, going far far back

walks with deer
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
This has gone on in that region for the last century.
Think about your gear if out there.

And be prepared.

My family had issues in that region from the 1920 to today.
But still go.
That said any advice Steven has I would recommend listening.
I found camping certain kms away from trouble helps a lot Eg more than 100 dollars gas needed to be there.
1 way entrances to camps.
Camp near strangers even if you don't know them watch out for each other.
Don't leave temptation to easy.

Chango
07-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Some history on the conflict in the area for those interested.

The Chilcotin uprising: a study of Indian-white relations in nineteenth century British Columbia
http://circle.ubc.ca/bitstream/handle/2429/33521/UBC_1972_A8%20H48_4.pdf?sequence=1

Never hunted the chilcotin myself, does it look anything like this?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QRfj1VCg16Y

srupp
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Hmm thank you...there WAS in fact a war here..and the recent supreme court decision has literally fuelled the fire..
Hm by virtue of my profession I have more insight because I had almost virtually unlimited access by planes trains and helicopters.
You cant play by any set of rules because their rules are truly unbelievable.
One public point do not camp so you are isolated..you want to be able if possible to have extra eyes extra help and not be isolated down some trail that many things can happen with low probability of being discovered during the event...while its happening..it is getting worse by the week.
My wife and I are considering moving.and no it wasnt the 2 x last night that3 seperate homes were investigated for vehicles and property to head West.and being up with Rcmp till early dawn was already breaking.
It is difficult staying here when my wife desperatly wants to leave.."this hell hole "and we are 30 kms east of the Sheep creek bridge..

There are plenty of very pleasant giving wonderful natives who are wonderful...lots of them..proud to stand beside them..but there are profound shit disturbers that can not be controlled by the band or any moral rules..prepared to do the unimaginable.
Steven
Cheers
Steven

OutdoorDave
07-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Remember that cyclist would was shot last year near Cache Creek? I wonder if there is any connection. Same general region and a strange late night unprovoked attack.

Glenny
07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
What I'm hearing is always leave a bottle of cheap rum mixed with lots of ex-lax. Makes tracking the culprit easy.

Replace exlax with a whack of LSD. Oh yah leave the exlax in anyway for effect. Happy trails.

Ohwildwon
07-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Hmm thank you...there WAS in fact a war here..and the recent supreme court decision has literally fuelled the fire..
Hm by virtue of my profession I have more insight because I had almost virtually unlimited access by planes trains and helicopters.
You cant play by any set of rules because their rules are truly unbelievable.
One public point do not camp so you are isolated..you want to be able if possible to have extra eyes extra help and not be isolated down some trail that many things can happen with low probability of being discovered during the event...while its happening..it is getting worse by the week.
My wife and I are considering moving.and no it wasnt the 2 x last night that3 seperate homes were investigated for vehicles and property to head West.and being up with Rcmp till early dawn was already breaking.
It is difficult staying here when my wife desperatly wants to leave.."this hell hole "and we are 30 kms east of the Sheep creek bridge..

There are plenty of very pleasant giving wonderful natives who are wonderful...lots of them..proud to stand beside them..but there are profound shit disturbers that can not be controlled by the band or any moral rules..prepared to do the unimaginable.
Steven
Cheers
Steven

Hey Steven, wondering where this spreads too, all the way to Anahim Lake?

REMINGTON JIM
07-22-2015, 10:18 PM
There is a TON of trouble around Anahim lake area too ! also down the Chilko Lake road and area ! :( RJ

Ohwildwon
07-22-2015, 10:32 PM
There is a TON of trouble around Anahim lake area too ! also down the Chilko Lake road and area ! :( RJ

Hmmm..,
wondering of a way to get this in the Media?.....

OutdoorDave
07-22-2015, 10:46 PM
lol. Media. If it doesn't fit a desired narrative, it doesn't get reported.

CaribooBC
07-22-2015, 11:09 PM
I usually have respect for the RCMP, but right now with what is happening in Williams Lake and points west, I am losing some respect. IMO they are covering up many of the issues/incidents occurring in that region. The lack of respect for humanity shown by those responsible is reprehensible. If the general public knew half of what goes on in this area there would be a massive outcry to deal with the situation. The Williams Lake RCMP has had a history of political interference and cover ups. The politicians and community leaders would be very uncomfortable if the truth were to get out. I will not go into this region until change occurs.

Cyrus
07-22-2015, 11:11 PM
I usually have respect for the RCMP, but right now with what is happening in Williams Lake and points west, I am losing some respect. IMO they are covering up many of the issues/incidents occurring in that region. The lack of respect for humanity shown by those responsible is reprehensible. If the general public knew half of what goes on in this area there would be a massive outcry to deal with the situation. The Williams Lake RCMP has had a history of political interference and cover ups. The politicians and community leaders would be very uncomfortable if the truth were to get out. I will not go into this region until change occurs.

what are they covering up?

gutpile
07-22-2015, 11:11 PM
To bad , all nice country to explore and hunt in !

CaribooBC
07-22-2015, 11:24 PM
what are they covering up?
The facts about the amount and severity of crimes and violence occurring in the area. Shootings, 70 year old man getting beaten and left for dead in the street just for fun, older ladies getting punched in the face while walking down the street etc. The total lack of respect for humanity shown by some of the punks in the Williams Lake area is unfathomable, the elders of the communities that they come from would be very embarrassed that these young people came from their communities.

srupp
07-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Hmm R J is correct..all the way out..some areas are pass others are fail others are just dangerous.
Rcmp field officers are given orders..they follow or end up in Resolute Bay with uniform shortage backorder..lol most ALL rcmp in field were outstanding I worked along side great guys..it was more orders from on high ? That from government policies..nope not police per se.
There are lots of great first nations it the younger minority that have gone offtrack.
Seriously..there are places you should not be.period, that I would not take Susan or go myself...
But other places..fine..for specific reasons..you do not know what you dont know..and that will cause you grief..
Steven

CaribooBC
07-22-2015, 11:35 PM
I agree, the members in the field are doing a great but very tough job. The higher ups that are not being forthcoming with the truth are IMO holding back help for the Williams Lake area.

fun2ride0
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Having hunted/fished and worked around and in between Williams Lake - Alexis Creek - Anahim Lake, I can tell you first hand that white folks and especially law enforcement around those areas are not very well liked. I've been fortunate, but have heard many first hand accounts of racially charged issues being brought out in the bush and on the back roads of those areas. My advice would be to bring a friend or two and have a solid plan to CYA if anything goes squirrelly.

The frustration that the public feels with a perceived lack of action by the rcmp and courts is understandable but not something that's easy to fix. The law enforcement community and courts feel just as frustrated when they see the same bunch of people causing havoc all the time and constantly get released on bail. Quite often the law enforcement hands are tied as crown counsel approves charges and burden of proof can be pretty high and the trouble makers walk free.

If you encounter people that threaten your safety, call the police, make a report and give a description.

Cyrus
07-23-2015, 06:19 AM
The facts about the amount and severity of crimes and violence occurring in the area. Shootings, 70 year old man getting beaten and left for dead in the street just for fun, older ladies getting punched in the face while walking down the street etc. The total lack of respect for humanity shown by some of the punks in the Williams Lake area is unfathomable, the elders of the communities that they come from would be very embarrassed that these young people came from their communities.

i think a lot of this is being reported on and being released to the media however if its not happening south of hope the tv news doesnt care to report on it. another obstacle is the having to work within the law itself to deal with this issue and the politics surrounding fn policing...the government will do anything to avoid another gustafsen lake or oka...that includes giving in or not dealing with the issues all together. i would say the problem exists much higher than just williams lake.

BgBlkDg
07-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Wont do much good if YOU are actually attacked and injured or killed by these vermin, will it?

FIGHT BACK, and DEMAND the Canadian Forces clean house in that area!!!!

I would LOVE to see these *tough guy* punks deal with an attack by The Canadian Special Ops. Regiment.......*take no prisoners!!!!

Fella
07-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Wont do much good if YOU are actually attacked and injured or killed by these vermin, will it?

FIGHT BACK, and DEMAND the Canadian Forces clean house in that area!!!!

I would LOVE to see these *tough guy* punks deal with an attack by The Canadian Special Ops. Regiment.......*take no prisoners!!!!

Great idea, let's all march on Ottawa and bang on Harpers door and tell him to send our troops in, I'm right behind you! :lol:

kevan
07-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Great idea, let's all march on Ottawa and bang on Harpers door and tell him to send our troops in, I'm right behind you! :lol:

The sad fact is that this is an election year so the government would not dare do anything with these scumbags for fear of making themselves look bad.
And if either Mulcair or Turdeau get in they too will do nothing as they both lack the testicular fortitude.
Remember young mr. Turdeau wanted to deal with ISIS by using " humanitarian aid."
He condemns the use of military force for anything except parades..

BgBlkDg
07-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Big surprise, his old man was a yellow-bellied draftdodger when several men in my family volunteered to fight fascism and he always short changed the Canadian Forces, BUT, when he thought that a personal visit to Juno Beach, on the 40th anniversary of D-Day, would benefit him in political terms, he was right there. F**king slime, the Trudeaus!!!!

Like it or not, this situation is spreading across Canada and the ONLY REAL solution is the application of serious military force, the sooner the better!

Sooner or later, they will kill *whities* and what then.....just back down......?

ACB
07-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Lee's corner may have diesel? I usually fill up in Redstone but have never recieved a warm welcome as I am of the wrong color?I fill up at Williams Lake and bring extra jerry cans.
We used to do a late season dear hunt out of a Puntzi lake lodge so if we wanted to buy fuel you had to buy it at Redstone gas bar. Well my hunting buddy is of Japanese descent and with the prepay law's for fuelling up he would go to the cashier and tell them that we were filling up and pay them when we were through. Every time they would ask him for his status card # and he would have to say that he left it at home anyways. LOL HA One thing about it with him along we never bothered out in the field.

Iron Glove
07-23-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm glad that there are a few sane folks here who, with actual in depth knowledge of the area and the situation, rightly point out that the problems arise from a very small group of the aboriginals in the area.
Just like the crime in the LML arises from a very small percentage of the locals.
Insinuating that it's the whole bunch of "primitives" as one of the usual bunch has suggested simply indicates the low level of knowledge out there.
I personally only know 3 aboriginals from that area but all 3 seem to be contributing quite well to Canadian Society.
Two, from my old hockey team have excelled in the business world, one at last check was the CFO of a Brewery, the other high up in the Financial Industry. The third, a delightful young lady friend of my Daughter brought salmon from the area to our Daughter's wedding. Oh, and she is a Nurse.
Don't know him personally but there's a young feller who is the MVP of the NHL and the best goalie in the World from that area, not bad for a "primitive."
Should the actual individuals involved be dealt with harshly, of course but let's not paint the whole bunch with the same brush, that's just idiotic.

russm
07-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Hmmm..,

Go up, set up shop and some video recording trail cams around your camp and "hope" you get some sort if altercation recorded, unfortunately because of who they are they'll get away with it.

Fella
07-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Like it or not, this situation is spreading across Canada and the ONLY REAL solution is the application of serious military force, the sooner the better!

Yeah just like the only solution to stopping chemtrails is to blow every jumbo jet out of the sky.

recoil
07-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Law enforcement may indeed be frustrated, but when their cruisers get torched/shot up they are not on the hook, its up to us taxpayers to pony up more $ for new gear.

It is a different scenario when its your personal vehicle or quad that gets violated while you are on holidays on public land. Especially if it is your ride home that is stolen.

Ferenc
07-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a real Wild West show out in that country I have informed some family friends that have a draw for the area in question ..which I have past on to them.. Thanks

BgBlkDg
07-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Having actually worked for and with the RCMP over years in remote regions of BC/AB/NWT, from 1965 onward, and with extensive experience with aboriginals, both in those venues and in urban situations, I think that most members would applaud the support of the CanForce SO squaddies when being shot at by these criminals.

I wont quote some I know well as longterm friends, from secondary school on, but, they do not find being shot at very enjoyable and the lads from CSO Regm'nt. have the skills and tools for the task.

Shooting down aircraft????? Sounds like ISIS to me.

Iron Glove
07-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Maybe a few of our resident Internet Tough Guys should just drive on up there and deal with it eh?
"Facta non verba"

BgBlkDg
07-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Actually, John, I HAVE done that on several occasions, alone, working in the bush for the BCFS and the AFS, and I succeeded in every instance.

What, concerns me here, is that, IF, this is allowed to continue as it has been for more than a quarter century, there WILL be a killing of several innocent "white" people by radicalized Indians and then there WILL be a bloodbath and I would prefer to see this stopped now by the appropriate professionals before such a tragedy occurs.

You, have no bush experience, have spent your life in an office job and I doubt have ever dealt with being shot at, knifed and threatened by several drunken, aggressive Indians whom you have never even met, just because you are "white" and working a very tough, lonely, demanding and necessary job for rather low wages.

So, your comment about ...tough... is, as with so much of your usually misspelled rhetoric here, just nonsense.

Whatever, I am done here as it always becomes the same old bullshit from a few with an obvious agenda and no real experience. I suspect this is why Srupp would not post details and perhaps his approach is best as fighting here will never solve this issue.

604ksmith
07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
My $0.02

Regardless of region, if you're going into the bush be prepared to save yourself and your group whether it's from: auto failure, broken bones, predators, or criminals.

Without getting into a racial debate, criminals come in all colours and cultures. While I concede racial profiling has its place when there is an explicit precedent set, don't paint with that brush until it's a last resort. Often this judgement from whites, or perceived judgement is what escalates the situation.

Bring all the necessary safety gear and let people know where you are. If you get into a confrontation with another person, remember you're far from the safety net of Police, so 90% of the time I would suggest you de-escalate the situation. If you can use game camera's to get evidence, great. But if it comes down to using force, when both parties are likely carrying weapons, I would suggest standing down unless you think your life is in immediate and severe danger. Taking an ego hit and letting criminals get away with your stuff is less important than returning to your family.

Also, as hunters I think we should have a liberal view on FN issues. We come in contact with their reservations more often than most and that's an opportunity to show that not all whites are bad people poaching historic lands, just like not all FN's are social burdens.

BC isn't the wild west anymore.

olympia
07-23-2015, 05:45 PM
My $0.02

Regardless of region, if you're going into the bush be prepared to save yourself and your group whether it's from: auto failure, broken bones, predators, or criminals.

Without getting into a racial debate, criminals come in all colours and cultures. While I concede racial profiling has its place when there is an explicit precedent set, don't paint with that brush until it's a last resort. Often this judgement from whites, or perceived judgement is what escalates the situation.

Bring all the necessary safety gear and let people know where you are. If you get into a confrontation with another person, remember you're far from the safety net of Police, so 90% of the time I would suggest you de-escalate the situation. If you can use game camera's to get evidence, great. But if it comes down to using force, when both parties are likely carrying weapons, I would suggest standing down unless you think your life is in immediate and severe danger. Taking an ego hit and letting criminals get away with your stuff is less important than returning to your family.

Also, as hunters I think we should have a liberal view on FN issues. We come in contact with their reservations more often than most and that's an opportunity to show that not all whites are bad people poaching historic lands, just like not all FN's are social burdens.

That was a good post.

kevan
07-23-2015, 06:01 PM
That was a good post.

Totally agree..

albravo2
07-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Actually, John, I HAVE done that on several occasions, alone, working in the bush for the BCFS and the AFS, and I succeeded in every instance.

You, have no bush experience, have spent your life in an office job and I doubt have ever dealt with being shot at, knifed and threatened by several drunken, aggressive Indians whom you have never even met, just because you are "white" and working a very tough, lonely, demanding and necessary job for rather low wages.

So, your comment about ...tough... is, as with so much of your usually misspelled rhetoric here, just nonsense.

BBD, I think living in a tent in the woods for a big part of your life qualifies you to talk about tents. And bushcraft. And guns. I find you very knowledgeable about those matters and appreciate how you share that knowledge freely.

However, I don't think that being hassled by Indians qualifies you to set federal policy, no matter how much it makes you wish you could. Your solution of sending in the armed forces is contrary to many Canadian values, including logic. This sounds a lot like your rant about shooting down guide outfitters that might fly into your vicinity.

IG, by the way, is one of the few people on here that is short in the nonsense and bad spelling departments.

saan man
07-23-2015, 06:36 PM
That was a good post.

I agree... but it's value is worth way more than 2 cents!!

ducktoller
07-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Regardless of your stance on native issues sending the army won't benefit anyone. Remember oka?
Nobody won there.

BgBlkDg
07-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I worked with squaddies who were at Oka and my feelings on such atrocities are mild compared with theirs.

The problem was that the lads from the RCHA, RCRs and so forth were not allowed to do what they train for and that was due to political cowardice and media chicanery, NOT the superb Canadian Army.

They could and should have cleaned the radicals out in less than one hour.

olympia
07-23-2015, 07:08 PM
I worked with squaddies who were at Oka and my feelings on such atrocities are mild compared with theirs.

The problem was that the lads from the RCHA, RCRs and so forth were not allowed to do what they train for and that was due to political cowardice and media chicanery, NOT the superb Canadian Army.

They could and should have cleaned the radicals out in less than one hour.

I thought it was the surete de Quebecois that originally dealt with those people, am I wrong big black dog? I could be. I watched a CBC documentary on oka and I saw some of the soldiers crying as they carried out their orders because even they knew what they were ordered to do was wrong. You can YouTube it

Iron Glove
07-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Ah Dewey, you'll never get it will you?
You make extremely disparaging remarks about "primitives" and then go into your "Send in the Army" solution or "My ancestors ( note: not you ) fought in ..... " to somehow try to justify your bigotry. Always have to try to get in your shots about the first peoples, Immigrants and any others that don't meet your definition of "Real Canadians."
Same old, same old, time to try a new tune.
Common, admit it, you want Donald Trump to move to Canada, right?
I've never claimed to be a great speller, never have, never will be but I'll bet my spelling is better than your Latin.

ruger#1
07-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Gustafsen Lake Standoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustafsen_Lake_Standoff

In our own backyard.

jamesvtr
07-23-2015, 07:57 PM
the theft in the last few months has picked up a lot in town and in the bush. been hereing lots of stories of trucks quads boats going missing

REMINGTON JIM
07-23-2015, 09:45 PM

Williams Lake has a new RCMP " Top Cop " imported there from up North - he is used to trouble makers - Hopefully he will get things cleaned up ! :wink: RJ

BgBlkDg
07-24-2015, 03:12 AM
BBD,

However, I don't think that being hassled by Indians qualifies you to set federal policy, no matter how much it makes you wish you could. Your solution of sending in the armed forces is contrary to many Canadian values, including logic. This sounds a lot like your rant about shooting down guide outfitters that might fly into your vicinity.

I will say this once and make it very clear. I have NEVER stated anything like your false and defamatory claim above about ...shooting down guide outfitters that might fly into...my...vicinity... That is false and may well be actionable as "defamation by libel."

What I actually posted was quite different from this and was not at all what you have posted. In the interests of civil discourse here on HBC, I will, in this ONE instance, take this as a misunderstanding on your part and not as a deliberate attempt to libel me.

However, you should realize that such comments are potentially grounds for civil action and be more careful to quote others with whom you may disagree fully and accurately to prevent possible legal difficulties.

I am done here, as I hoped to be last evening and trust that this will be an end to both such errors and any pointless animosity. Srupp, was right and these threads never accomplish anything here except to spread anger and invidious comments, this is my last one as I am tired of such a waste of time and energy.

I hardly think that you can teach me anything about ...Canadian values..., but, it is not worth discussion in this instance.

russm86
07-24-2015, 08:06 AM
My $0.02

The only part I really disagree with is the "letting the criminals get away with your stuff" as this is why we have gotten to this point today because everyone, including the government and the courts and police, just rolls over and looks the other way. In order for any of this to ever be resolved someone has to have the guts to finally say enough is enough and stand up to the criminals and give them a real reason to not do it again or make it so that they outright can't commit again.

Gateholio
07-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Hmmm..,

Mainstream media won't touch it.

Get a a bit of info together and contact VICE NEWS. I don't watch their stuff very often but they seem excited to deal with controversial and dangerous stuff.

604ksmith
07-24-2015, 08:19 AM
The only part I really disagree with is the "letting the criminals get away with your stuff".

I wasn't trying to say that we should let criminals get away with criminal activity and simply roll over. Instead I was trying to say let the criminals get away with your stuff if it means fighting.

I don't think of it in terms of having the guts to do something, it has to do with worrying about the consequences of violent actions. I cringe at the thought of a "militarized" hunting force in the bush trying to enforce our own laws. When I think of that, I think of hunters losing rights, becoming more judged and hated, and tensions with FN's boiling over into a war like state. Things are far from ideal, but far from war-like as well. IMO.

As soon as your in cell range call the police and give as thorough descriptions as possible. Law enforcement may be limited in their powers by politics, but I firmly believe we need to solve this issue by fixing FN's education/work training, politics and law enforcement. Not the level of violence we're willing to display. If we revert back to that, we revert back 100 years.

panhead
07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
We used to do a late season dear hunt out of a Puntzi lake lodge so if we wanted to buy fuel you had to buy it at Redstone gas bar. Well my hunting buddy is of Japanese descent and with the prepay law's for fuelling up he would go to the cashier and tell them that we were filling up and pay them when we were through. Every time they would ask him for his status card # and he would have to say that he left it at home anyways. LOL HA One thing about it with him along we never bothered out in the field.

Same thing happened to myself and my Chinese fishing partner at Toosey. Got a good deal on gas. Another of our group (Whitey) used to go down there for cheap cigs, used to take cases home with him.

A good horse is a good thing.
A dead horse is a dead thing.
There is no point in flogging a dead horse.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 08:57 AM
604...I don't advocate violence either...necessarily. What I will say is that what we are doing, and what the FN people are doing, to "help" FN people, is not working. We all know the definition of insanity, yet here we are. What we're doing is clearly not working......we need to alter this. Having said that, I also don't know the right answer, but I do know that while violence may not be the best option, it is still an option. We need to change the us against them vision on both sides. There already is, and will continue to be violence in the Chilcotin until someone steps up with less words and more action.

albravo2
07-24-2015, 09:05 AM
I will say this once and make it very clear. I have NEVER stated anything like your false and defamatory claim above about ...shooting down guide outfitters that might fly into...my...vicinity... That is false and may well be actionable as "defamation by libel."

What I actually posted was quite different from this and was not at all what you have posted. In the interests of civil discourse here on HBC, I will, in this ONE instance, take this as a misunderstanding on your part and not as a deliberate attempt to libel me.

However, you should realize that such comments are potentially grounds for civil action and be more careful to quote others with whom you may disagree fully and accurately to prevent possible legal difficulties.

I am done here, as I hoped to be last evening and trust that this will be an end to both such errors and any pointless animosity. Srupp, was right and these threads never accomplish anything here except to spread anger and invidious comments, this is my last one as I am tired of such a waste of time and energy.

I hardly think that you can teach me anything about ...Canadian values..., but, it is not worth discussion in this instance.

You could talk to a lawyer, or you could refer my post to a mod. Same guy that told you to stop blathering on about shooting at airplanes.

Though a lawsuit would be fun. "This court is called into session today to hear the 'defamation by libel' case between two anonymous parties on the internet."

And you may wish to look up the proper use of an ellipsis, since you are working your way through the dictionary and commenting on the grammar of others.

OutdoorDave
07-24-2015, 09:40 AM
I think there have been a lot of very positive developments in the last 10 to 20 years with First Nations here in BC. I think we need to keep that broader context in mind when looking at these issues. A lot of bands have made good strides with economic development and helping their people get educated, have opportunity and find jobs.

These problems are socio-economic at their root which is a byproduct of history.

I think the bands that are located near cities and near economic opportunity have done very well. For example, Lower Mainland and Okanagan bands. A lot of the bands that are making less progress are situated in the middle of nowhere. The problem in my mind is less about racism and more about lack of opportunity. I think the resource sector is a natural fit for isolated bands, but many of them oppose development projects. I think the cause of that is that their traditional allies on the left have misled them on the merits and risks of resource projects.

I think there needs to be more programs for getting native youth out of those smalls towns and into the cities to enable them to get educated and get skills. Sitting at home in places like Anahim Lake isn't going to fix anything for these kids. Living in a place like Vancouver will show many of these kids that we have a multi-cultural society that isn't racist at it's core, rather than the 'us' vs 'them' mentality that you inevitably develop in small towns.

I think it would be interesting if some of the local bands here in Vancouver could create 'dorms' for native youth from other parts of the Province to come down and live in the City to study and work and see what some of the successful bands are doing. The government could create a tax deduction for businesses that want to hire native interns.

bearvalley
07-24-2015, 10:10 AM
I think there have been a lot of very positive developments in the last 10 to 20 years with First Nations here in BC. I think we need to keep that broader context in mind when looking at these issues. A lot of bands have made good strides with economic development and helping their people get educated, have opportunity and find jobs.

These problems are socio-economic at their root which is a byproduct of history.

I think the bands that are located near cities and near economic opportunity have done very well. For example, Lower Mainland and Okanagan bands. A lot of the bands that are making less progress are situated in the middle of nowhere. The problem in my mind is less about racism and more about lack of opportunity. I think the resource sector is a natural fit for isolated bands, but many of them oppose development projects. I think the cause of that is that their traditional allies on the left have misled them on the merits and risks of resource projects.

I think there needs to be more programs for getting native youth out of those smalls towns and into the cities to enable them to get educated and get skills. Sitting at home in places like Anahim Lake isn't going to fix anything for these kids. Living in a place like Vancouver will show many of these kids that we have a multi-cultural society that isn't racist at it's core, rather than the 'us' vs 'them' mentality that you inevitably develop in small towns.

I think it would be interesting if some of the local bands here in Vancouver could create 'dorms' for native youth from other parts of the Province to come down and live in the City to study and work and see what some of the successful bands are doing. The government could create a tax deduction for businesses that want to hire native interns.

Good post. Some thought was put into it.

olympia
07-24-2015, 10:18 AM
You could talk to a lawyer, or you could refer my post to a mod. Same guy that told you to stop blathering on about shooting at airplanes.

Though a lawsuit would be fun. "This court is called into session today to hear the 'defamation by libel' case between two anonymous parties on the internet."

And you may wish to look up the proper use of an ellipsis, since you are working your way through the dictionary and commenting on the grammar of others.
Haha this lunatic threatened to sue me as well, I'm still waiting to hear from his lawyer. He tells stories about facing down "dangerous Indians" yet threatens to sue if you offer him a difference of opinion. Hahaha I guess Riverview allows internet access to their patients.

BgBlkDg
07-24-2015, 10:58 AM

During my time in college, here in BC, the usage I employed was taught as correct and I was an "English major" with a perfect "A" level record. So, would you care to post your source for your comment?

I would point out that your final sentence is a "split infinitive" since we are, it seems, debating grammatical minutia, but, I will let that go.

I was trying to simply avoid further unpleasantness here, but, I see that is not possible. I will only say that your comment to the effect that we are ...anonymous... here is as false as the rest of your posts.

TTFN, lets take any further interchange to PMs, given the mods you mention.

srupp
07-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Iif your think there have been a lot of very positive developments in the last 10 to 20 years with First Nations here in BC. I think we need to keep that broader context in mind when looking at these issues. A lot of bands have made good strides with economic development and helping their people get educated, have opportunity and find jobs.

Wow the winner for the worst vision so far.seriously?
Its got better? Maybe for the indians...they are running out of WINS..now 3 places in BC you get to pay for and cant go..so far..hope next land claim takes your home away..
Billions of dollars to make chiefs famillies wealthy, flying not 1 but 2 ice hockey zambonies to northern rez..and still needing to buy every last indian a new home there..and they didnt like the free homes you helped buy...
Negative changes to fishing and hunting to accommodate their further demands..
Hmm less whining because their wildest dreams are coming forth ..you and I are coming in not 4th but last.
Our CPP has been wacked 36 percent deduction for early access..while DIA spending is way up..
Biggest group of millionairs in Canada..the millionairs club..native chiefs.. $400,000 as chief for 200..
To have your views..you a chief of some 70 member club on a remote rez? Then everything is fine..for us that are sick and tired of the 2 tier health, wealth, hunting fishing and legal advantages by firdt nations..paid for by us the sheep 2nd nation taxpayer.
Both my wife and I need dental work on retirement $$$$$ not sure how that surprise will work out.whil my native aquaintance finished tens of thousands of dollars of free dental, had already recieved her helicopter pilots license..and is getting her comercial pilots license. .that you and I continue to pay for by Canadas fiduciary responsibility..
Here in the Cariboo seen laywers adds for the 3rd final awards at the trough for children of those who went to native residential schools..not the students..their children firdt 2 were 40k oer person...not by church but taxpayer..
When they spent the money foolishly..on a wicked fast side by side, allegadly drunk..buddy riding got killed driver paralyzed..yup fiduciary responsibility..asking 1.2 million..cuz he wasnt taught how to use his money..and by not holding his hand and kissing both cheeks..he made serious devestating mistakes .
It includes stopping trains....seriously bud take off those rosey red glasses and smell the formeldahyde

Its all getting better..yup If your native.....

Sheeeeeeesh
Steven

BgBlkDg
07-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Wonderful post, Steven, but, as you and I are only too aware, the "fix" is in and the coming difficulties will awaken those here who deny factual reality.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 11:18 AM
I agree with Srupp that it most certainly is not getting better around here. Where we may part ways a little bit, is that I don't believe it's getting any better for the natives either. They're little more than an employment project for government workers, lawyers, and judiciary (your welcome FD. See....I'm not blind). At the end of the day, the natives are nothing more than pawns being used and abused. And a big hole in your thoery (respectfully) is that they do not want to leave their traditional territories or their traditional ways. I don't see them moving to the city anytime soon no matter how nice it would be to get some of them away from here.

srupp
07-24-2015, 11:31 AM
When the financial blows hit Canada..and they have started..down 3.5 tsx..and the oil and gas extreme low value..we are in a recession folks..we should have had a game plan for the oil gas not having indians hold us up...yes 3 % of the poulation demanding billions per band while stopping the economic drivers..with low prices low interest..we are hooped.
Governments no brains no balls..
This is going to cost seniors..and destroy the 30 year olds hope of ever retiring..however the fiduciary responsibilities are ensuring the indians continue to get more while demanding even more..
If only one factor were in play..not so bad.,? Right now its the perfect storm.please remeber those words..
The natives are demanding golden goose for supper yuuuummmmm...however eliminates the provider of the golden egg...
MULCAIR would be so giddy if given power..no telling how much more he would give away..
Once justin reaches puberty in his thoughts..he still is hell bent on giving anything natives ask for..
Yup Canada #1 in the world..only country giving its future away to 3% of the mostly non working minority in a democratic society where the 97 % paying for it cant afford it.im paying for resources , programs benifits that I the payer cant get?
Insanity.
Steven

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Don't get me wrong Srupp....I agree with what you say....I just don't see anything getting any better for the natives in this area. Whoever, and however they are missing the boat...they're missing it. You are not wrong though.....

OutdoorDave
07-24-2015, 11:38 AM
I agree with Srupp that it most certainly is not getting better around here. Where we may part ways a little bit, is that I don't believe it's getting any better for the natives either. They're little more than an employment project for government workers, lawyers, and judiciary (your welcome FD. See....I'm not blind). At the end of the day, the natives are nothing more than pawns being used and abused. And a big hole in your thoery (respectfully) is that they do not want to leave their traditional territories or their traditional ways. I don't see them moving to the city anytime soon no matter how nice it would be to get some of them away from here.

The stats I have read say that more than 2/3rds of natives live in our major city centres. So, it's incorrect to assume they aren't willing to leave their traditional lands.

OutdoorDave
07-24-2015, 11:43 AM
srupp, I'm not a big fan of government in general and I think they fail at quite a few things. I think there are better ways of moving forward and improving the lives of natives.

The type of programs I am talking about really wouldn't cost the government much. Let's use the Tswassessen lands as an example. They are building millions of square feet of market housing and commercial space. What if the developers gave 1% of that back for dormitory purposes? The band can donate the land for free.

Educating people is hardly a societal cost. It pays huge dividends to get these people skills and make them productive members of society. It's an investment and then some.

Tax breaks for businesses hiring natives is something a right wing person should like. Less tax, more production, almost zero bureaucrats involved. Win-win-win

OutdoorDave
07-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Its all getting better..yup If your native.....

That's presumably what we're trying to do... help people move forward.

Don't get me wrong, there is no shortage of things to be outraged about regarding government spending on first nation reserves and I agree with Harper trying to make it all more transparent.

I personally think that the money we spend should be focussed on education and jobs. That ultimately is what breaks the cycle of poverty.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm not saying they all aren't willing to leave their traditional lands....but I can tell you first hand, and not from a study from someone who has likely never visited the Chilcotin, or from a book I read, that the locals want it all....and they want it here. There have been efforts here too....drive past the Soda Creek Emporium. I remember when that was built....lots of talk, beautiful building. Now it's just a rotting building on the side of the highway. There is effort...many logging contracts handed out and local supply shops left holding the bag when the bills were left unpaid. There's been effort. I think what is being indicated is that throwing $ around is not effective in this area. It may work to give a hand up, as opposed to continual hand outs, in larger centers as you've indicated....but not here. It's not working here, and we can't force them to move.

I see lots of folks who come here on a regular basis...they also trave to many other areas often. It's very common to hear them ask "what's up with this area? It's.....different from other places with reserves nearby". It is different here...it truly is. It's a unique place, with a unique demographic, and needs a unique solution.

OutdoorDave
07-24-2015, 12:02 PM
I agree with your take. Hand up not hand out is the correct path.

I think it's a reality that natives in remote areas need to confront. If you stay in those areas, you're not likely to move yourself forward. If we provide opportunity to young people to make the choice of leaving to opportunity, some are going to take it. Right now, it's not that easy for people to do that.

I think this is a long haul here. Poverty doesn't disappear overnight. It takes many generations. I think the quickest way is education and jobs.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Very true..

ruger#1
07-24-2015, 12:31 PM
I agree with your take. Hand up not hand out is the correct path.

I think it's a reality that natives in remote areas need to confront. If you stay in those areas, you're not likely to move yourself forward. If we provide opportunity to young people to make the choice of leaving to opportunity, some are going to take it. Right now, it's not that easy for people to do that.

I think this is a long haul here. Poverty doesn't disappear overnight. It takes many generations. I think the quickest way is education and jobs.

Yes some need help, And some do not want it. Just like every other race.

REMINGTON JIM
07-24-2015, 12:41 PM
srupp is completely right I my humble opinion ! I see no good ending in all this Except for the Indians getting it all ! :icon_frow RJ

srupp
07-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Very good points Dave..
One example...Taseko mines publicaly and on the reservations offered contracts to 100 % of the natives paid education..paid trades skills..and guaranteed employment for all first nation first..
Turned down..they didnt want the education nor the training nor the guaranteed work..
See they didnt want the work...they just wanted a very large off the top payment and huge ongoing payments just for being native.
Stop wanting to help those that wont help themselves..
And helping themselves to the qua and truck stolen From Raven lake isnt what I mean.
Steven

Surrey Boy
07-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Yes some need help, And some do not want it. Just like every other race.

On that topic, when can we cancel welfare to all the whites?

I'm ashamed that my race tolerates this cancer within itself. Time for some cultural chemotherapy.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 01:54 PM
I share your frustration Steven....and you may have nailed it. Offer options EXCLUDING money. Here's your treatment, here's your education, and here are your jobs. Do with it what you will....but here's your options. Include it this, removal of special treatment within the justice system, specifically Principles in Sentencing. Jail criminals regardless of race, and stop pretending that our correctional system has anything to do with rehabilitation and call it what it is....a warehouse for those who cannot behave in society. Maybe a start? But what do you do about those who either can't, or refuse to help themselves? What do you do with them?

ruger#1
07-24-2015, 02:09 PM
I share your frustration Steven....and you may have nailed it. Offer options EXCLUDING money. Here's your treatment, here's your education, and here are your jobs. Do with it what you will....but here's your options. Include it this, removal of special treatment within the justice system, specifically Principles in Sentencing. Jail criminals regardless of race, and stop pretending that our correctional system has anything to do with rehabilitation and call it what it is....a warehouse for those who cannot behave in society. Maybe a start? But what do you do about those who either can't, or refuse to help themselves? What do you do with them?

You would unionize them.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 02:11 PM
ANd they would be productive.....well....moderately productive. Let's be honest....nothing would change if I unionized them.

ruger#1
07-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Maybe a start? But what do you do about those who either can't, or refuse to help themselves? What do you do with them?

Looks like those ones would be on welfare. Kinda sucks.

RugDoctor
07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
You mean the welfare requiring manditory drug testing?

ruger#1
07-24-2015, 02:22 PM
You mean the welfare requiring manditory drug testing?

Yes I do. Thats one thing that pisses me off. I work full time and can not afford to drink all the time. And someone gets a free handout on my dime. They fail the test, Then no cheque. If they can work. Then get a job. I hate sponges. And there are a lot of them out there.I know one lady that is on a disability. She uses a cane. But when she is at a legion dance, She can dance up a storm. I just call her a scab.

Ohwildwon
07-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Maybe a start? But what do you do about those who either can't, or refuse to help themselves? What do you do with them?

Looks like those ones would be on welfare. Kinda sucks.

Like I've said in a previous post, FN downfall started when they were introduced to Welfare in the early 1950's..

Its created a toxic soup that's just going to keep boiling over...

Man I remember driving through MT Curry in the early 80's after a Welfare Wednesday, Natives passed out all over the road... Literally had to weave around them, it was scary...

scoutlt1
07-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Like I've said in a previous post, FN downfall started when they were introduced to Welfare in the early 1950's..

Man I remember driving through MT Curry in the early 80's after a Welfare Wednesday, Natives passed out all over the road... Literally had to weave around them, it was scary...

A friend of mine and I, on a week long fishing trip, drove through the reserve just south of Hanceville just over ten years ago. Stone/Stony band.
I had one hand on the steering wheel and one on my defender while passing through. It was like a being in a third world country. Not "scary", just simply unbelievable really.
I hope things have improved since then.....

ruger#1
07-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Man I remember driving through MT Curry in the early 80's after a Welfare Wednesday, Natives passed out all over the road... Literally had to weave around them, it was scary... I was working up at Darcy around that time. They were good there. I put the re-bar in the bridge going to the hatchery. Mount Curry. What a funny place. One guy on a bike, Another on the handle bars. A case of beer in each hand. Nobody should get welfare, Unless they really need it.

Ohwildwon
07-24-2015, 02:55 PM
I was working up at Darcy around that time. They were good there. I put the re-bar in the bridge going to the hatchery. Mount Curry. What a funny place. One guy on a bike, Another on the handle bars. A case of beer in each hand. Nobody should get welfare, Unless they really need it.

Yea, we used to camp there, fish the mouth of Gates Creek for the 5lb Rainbows.. Didn't have any problems there..

MichelD
07-24-2015, 05:19 PM
I hesitate to enter this because I don't want to throw gas on the fire. But...

I was telling a buddy the other day I was planning to go to a part of the province (not the Chilcotin) for a hunt this fall and he started in on scare stories about the locals and how hunters were hated there. They sounded really extreme and exaggerated, with some unlikely sounding gruesome details that I could find no record of on-line.. They were based on something a family member had reported to him that I suspect she was told by a local who just wanted to plant a scare story. So it's a third-hand story at this point, and I suspect the whole thing is BS.

I am not discounting the previous discussion at all.

BgBlkDg
07-24-2015, 05:49 PM
No, Michel, the problems are only TOO real and these are also prevalent in certain other areas of the province.

I know several people, BCFS, AFS, BCF&W and Fed. Fish, who have had very difficult experiences with these characters and caution and avoidance is the best option as armed defence is fraught with serious complications.

I do think, however, that this worm is beginning to turn and the time is nigh when there will be a change, hopefully, as in Ulster and Erin, an eventually non-violent one........

markomoose
07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
My son and I have doe draws at Meldrum Creek and a bull draw in 5-05 and there is no-one that is going to screw up my plans.Although I will take the usual precautions.I will stay where my gear can be looked after and do day trips from that locale.I-m generally not intimadated by locals although I-ve had my fair share of run-ins.Double "OO" Buck for GOOD LUCK! Cheers Mark

REMINGTON JIM
07-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Once a DUMP Bear always a DUMP Bear ! :icon_frow RJ

srupp
07-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Hmmmmm Great News!...the natives have proposed a further 300,000 ha native park in the west Chilcotin.! No logging, no mines...incredibly this area is where the proposed mine site is located..
Hmmm already 5 parkes plus 2 other off limet areas plus the new tlichotin nation...not going to much left for economic development.
So full of BS even there regional district spoesman spoke against it...and the Mayor put off sending a letter to Harper and Christy oposing it..it aint gonna end well. ..oink oink..
Steven

Bear Chaser
07-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Life is all about choices. This song unfortunately not Canadian describes a few of them.

https://youtu.be/bJpisLytQGo

Lastcar
07-24-2015, 09:25 PM

Phew! Really dodged a bullet there Albravo. Hope you bought a lottery ticket to keep the good luck coming!

REMINGTON JIM
07-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Yup Phucking close call there for for Albravo- prob shit his pants for sure ! :shock: LMAO ! :wink: RJ

Surrey Boy
07-24-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm still waiting for a power lineman buddy to come straighten me out.

ruger#1
07-25-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm still waiting for a power lineman buddy to come straighten me out.

Why not go see your chiropractor. Or maybe, You need Viagra.

elch jager
07-25-2015, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=BgBlkDg;1662171]Big surprise, his old man was a yellow-bellied draftdodger when several men in my family volunteered to fight fascism and he always short changed the Canadian Forces, BUT, when he thought that a personal visit to Juno Beach, on the 40th anniversary of D-Day, would benefit him in political terms, he was right there. F**king slime, the Trudeaus!!!!

Sooner or later, they will kill *whities* and what then.....just back down......?[/QUOTE?]

The old man was also the guy that had the balls to call in the military to deal with the FLQ in spite of being a pacifist that that didn't want to take a bullet. He was a city gentleman and a lawyer... not a soldier. He also didn't suck up to the US like so many other PMs do. As long as we have Harper there wont be anything done about the native situation. In the current political climate it is unlikely any of the others will either.

Iron Glove
07-25-2015, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=BgBlkDg;1662171]Big surprise, his old man was a yellow-bellied draftdodger when several men in my family volunteered to fight fascism and he always short changed the Canadian Forces, BUT, when he thought that a personal visit to Juno Beach, on the 40th anniversary of D-Day, would benefit him in political terms, he was right there. F**king slime, the Trudeaus!!!!

Sooner or later, they will kill *whities* and what then.....just back down......?[/QUOTE?]

The old man was also the guy that had the balls to call in the military to deal with the FLQ in spite of being a pacifist that that didn't want to take a bullet. He was a city gentleman and a lawyer... not a soldier. He also didn't suck up to the US like so many other PMs do. As long as we have Harper there wont be anything done about the native situation. In the current political climate it is unlikely any of the others will either.

Well said.
Some may not have liked PET but he will likely go down in History as one of Canada's greatest PMs.
His staying out of the bedrooms of Canadians was the start of equality for Canadians of all sexual choices.
Alas, his Son only carries the family name, little else.
Re the FN's, the situation will only improve once the treaty process moves along, the Courts continue to rule in favour of title for FN's so like it or not, it has to be dealt with via the law.

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Ironic, PET, used the CanForces to quell the violent cowards of the FLQ, because the little coward panicked and decided that a total revolution of his fellow KeeBekers was starting. WOW!!! That has a LOT to do with his riding on a motorcycle in Westmount, wearing some Nazi regalia while decent Canadians died for freedom......

THEN, when it all cooled off a bit, he allowed the vermin BACK into Canada and later under his watch, they were given tax-funded grants. He was certainly a GREAT PM and we should all revere him........

Of course, none of us had to face Dieppe, Juno Beach, the Falaise Road or the causeway at Walcheren Island, not to mention Ortona, The Gothic Line or The Liri Valley........thank God, and the brave men who died so we would not have to.

forestwalker
07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Steven nailed it, they don't want anything to do with modern society and are completely unwilling to help themselves. They've been given the moon and the stars by former and current governments and repay the taxpayers they live off of by neglecting the resources handed to them on a silver platter, I'd love free health care and free education! so much could be done with all the opportunities provided to them and they piss it all away. In modern society a white guy that doesn't work, lives on welfare and drink's himself into the ground is labelled a bum, a loser and a burden on society, so why the hell are the first nations any different. You'd be shocked how many people still defend the "poor indian". I've known and worked with some great first nations people, the key word being worked, they've seen the reservation way of life and have chosen to remove themselves from a toxic environment. Those that stay in reserves and live that life can sit there and rot as far as I'm concerned.

I refuse to support or "help" someone that just continues to spit in our face every time we try. The biggest mistake the BC government ever made was that first yes, giving them what they wanted, since then it's been like dealing with a seven year old kid; more, more, more!!! Now BC is on the brink of handing over all of our public lands to these people, think about that for a second, if that doesn't send a shudder through you then you're nuts

Our belongings get stolen, their reservation buildings we've paid for burnt to the ground and now we're trying to be driven out of the Chilcotin through thievery and scare tactics. The RCMP's hands are tied with political agendas (a poor excuse) and when the army was sent in they didn't manage to do anything except rile up the worst of the lot, It's really been left up to the people to defend themselves when out in that country.

I'll continue to arm myself when out west and if need be, god knows I'll be prepared to defend myself, my family and property. For those of you posting from the lower mainland and other areas I invite you to spend some time in the Chilcotin, if you never have. You may not be so quick to defend the first nations communities in our neck of the woods.

Because of the ineptitude of our government to deal with this problem a civil war may just be on the horizon, I know far to many people that won't back down and will fight if it comes to it and the first nations... well they've been doing what they want for years with little or no consequences and are not held accountable by any level of justice in this province add to that a gross sense of entitlement and no sense of right and wrong, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I hope there are still enough people that believe in right and wrong and are willing to stand up for their rights and push back when pushed.

that's my rant, got me all worked up.

Rick

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Lt. Col. Cecil Charles Ingersoll Merrit, VC, was a city gentleman and a lawyer, born in Stanley Park, on a kitchen table. HE, led the South Saskatchewan Regiment at Dieppe. I once had the honour of meeting him and his 2nd. in command, Major EW White was a friend of mine in Nelson, where he moved just after the war.

My late father, was in his 40s when he volunteered as did every man in my family except my late uncle Bob, with Glaucoma and my late uncle Lorne, aged eight.....they were not soldiers, but, were not cowards, either.

P*ss on PET, the worst PM in Canadas history.

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Right on!!!!

The army was NOT allowed to deal with Gustafsen Lake, properly, but, one battalion of the PPCLI, would clean the mess up in hours if given "carte blanche" to fight to win....damned good thing, too.

You are not alone and some here will stand tall, but, others are a part of the problem.

albravo2
07-25-2015, 10:44 AM
You really think a crack battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces could overpower a group of untrained and weakly armed citizens?

Good to know if we ever become a fascist state.

Iron Glove
07-25-2015, 11:22 AM
"The Greatest Canadian" contest if you wish to call it found PET to be the 3rd "Greatest Canadian", ahead of all other PM's.
Now, that is just the opinion of many Canadians, not of course all and your individual opinion may be different.

358mag
07-25-2015, 11:43 AM
"The Greatest Canadian" contest if you wish to call it found PET to be the 3rd "Greatest Canadian", ahead of all other PM's.
Now, that is just the opinion of many Canadians, not of course all and your individual opinion may be different.
Boy there's a few on that list that would make you wonder what the voters were thinking

rank
Name
Profession / reputation
Died

Tommy Douglas
NDP leader, "founder" of Canadian healthcare system

Terry Fox
Cancer activist who died during an attempted cross-country marathon

Pierre Trudeau
Liberal Prime Minister of the 70's and 80's

Dr. Frederick Banting
inventor of Insulin

David Suzuki
CBC nature show host, environmentalist

Lester Pearson
Prime Minister, "founder" of modern peacekeeping

Don Cherry
CBC hockey commentator

Sir John A. MacDonald
Canada's first Prime Minister

Alexander Graham Bell
purported inventor of the telephone

Wayne Gretzky
hockey player

frodo
07-25-2015, 01:01 PM
You really think a crack battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces could overpower a group of untrained and weakly armed citizens?

Enforcing the law doesn't make for a fascist state but it does make for a law abiding Province.

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 01:10 PM

I would not call these violent terrorists ...weakly armed... and they ARE shooting at the RCMP and legitimate Canadians, so, under current laws regarding such acts, the Dominion Government has both the right and the duty to use our forces to protect us.

Remember, they claim to be a "sovereign nation" and thus should not enjoy the protection of "whiteys" laws.......

As to Canada, becoming a fascist state, some men in my family died to prevent that and several others were wounded, all volunteers. So, do not attempt to lecture me about this issue.

srupp
07-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Hmmm greatest Canadian...hmmmm was a metis? Hunter..trapper..who single handedly helped those first 300 RCMP survive their trip into Alberta..to stop the whiskey trade from the USA..were it not for him saving them the west may have never became..stayed Canadian..
Gerry Potts....sheesh wayne gretzky..serious?

Srupp

kevan
07-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Hmmm greatest Canadian...hmmmm was a metis? Hunter..trapper..who single handedly helped those first 300 RCMP survive their trip into Alberta..to stop the whiskey trade from the USA..were it not for him saving them the west may have never became..stayed Canadian..
Gerry Potts....sheesh wayne gretzky..serious?

Srupp

Interesting that you mention Gerry Potts Steven.
My paternal Grandfather rode with him and knew him very well.
Grampa was an NWMP prior to and during the Riel Rebellion and throughout his early life on the Prairies was very close to Gerry Potts in spite of the fact that Grampa was a teetotaller while Potts liked his ' hooch'
Grampa held him in high regard.

REMINGTON JIM
07-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Interesting that you mention Gerry Potts Steven.
My paternal Grandfather rode with him and knew him very well.
Grampa was an NWMP prior to and during the Riel Rebellion and throughout his early life on the Prairies was very close to Gerry Potts in spite of the fact that Grampa was a teetotaller while Potts liked his ' hooch'
Grampa held him in high regard.

That's Very KOOL ! :wink: RJ

srupp
07-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Hmmm big time history hound I is..lol..yes Gerry loved his whiskey..and had he not been embedded with RCMP..he might have had problems..however he did his job and way beyond..single handedly keept those woefully unprepared unequipped police alive..and then for years did the jobs requiring the skills he seemed uniquely possesed
Wow impressed he is kin..be proud..he is my vote for greatest Canadian..if it wasnt gor him..the restdidnt matter.
Thank you for the history..
Cheers
Srupp

albravo2
07-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Enforcing the law doesn't make for a fascist state but it does make for a law abiding Province.

The police are the ones responsible for enforcing the laws, not the army.

albravo2
07-25-2015, 03:07 PM
I would not call these violent terrorists ...weakly armed... and they ARE shooting at the RCMP and legitimate Canadians, so, under current laws regarding such acts, the Dominion Government has both the right and the duty to use our forces to protect us.

As to Canada, becoming a fascist state, some men in my family died to prevent that and several others were wounded, all volunteers. So, do not attempt to lecture me about this issue.

Yeah, you're right. The bands in question have probably been accumulating all manner of sophisticated weaponry. I'm pretty sure I saw some guys with RPGs on my last trip through Dog Creek. We really should call in the army.

Your hyperbole really detracts from the reasonable point that the OP was making, as well as the discussion that followed.

Last, I don't think the accomplishments of your ancestors qualifies you for anything except good genes. It certainly isn't justification for your current soapbox of vitriol.

The native threads always end up getting locked. I can see why.

tuner
07-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Yeah, you're right. The bands in question have probably been accumulating all manner of sophisticated weaponry. I'm pretty sure I saw some guys with RPGs on my last trip through Dog Creek. We really should call in the army.

Your hyperbole really detracts from the reasonable point that the OP was making, as well as the discussion that followed.

Last, I don't think the accomplishments of your ancestors qualifies you for anything except good genes. It certainly isn't justification for your current soapbox of vitriol.

Well said.

srupp
07-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Hmm everyone is entitled to their oppinion..imo Gustafson lake incident was terrorism..weapons..masked armed infividuals..night stalking shooting..fundamental rudimentary terrorism tactics..absolutley..but you dont need to be killed by a rocket launcher..masked individual shoots you..your dead..
Express your opinions. .be respectful of others views so wedo need the mods tl lock it up..
And lets remember most all first nations are great prople..it is a small minority thet are off the rocks. .
The rest would do what I would do..get the most for the least..most of our ptoblems are not their demands its our nutless polititions more voncerned with 8 year golden parachute..not providing democracy. .
Cheers
Steven

Iron Glove
07-25-2015, 03:46 PM
SRUPP, I enjoy your posts and your intimate knowledge of the situation, particularly that "it is small minority" rather than the opinion voiced by some, thankfully the minority here, that it is all of the "primitives".

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 04:31 PM

They get locked when mods decide that personal slurs have detracted from the basis of the thread. This, is why I have not responded to your silly attempts to deride me and will not.

Perhaps, you might research the published mission statement of the Can. Force group whom I suggested be deployed to stop these terrorists shooting at innocent people. It specifically states that the JTF2 IS intended for use IN Canada, as well as internationally to deal with situations such as this.

So, my posts are not ...hyperbole..., as they are based on the decades of actual field experience I have with these types and the military formation which has the mandate which was the RCMPs, to deal with such terrorists.

As to the weaponry concerned, there were many AKs at "Gustafsen Lake" and some other illegal and military weapons, so, who knows what could be there now.

BTW, just to be clear, as you seem a bit confused here, I hold exactly the same opinion on such terrorist behaviour where ANY ethnic or "racial" group is concerned. Simple, really, shoot at the public and the police, time for the army.

Mulehahn
07-25-2015, 05:01 PM
The definition of Terrorism is "the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal." There can be no doubt that Indians in the many parts of Canada, and expressly in the Chilcotin meet that definition of terrorists. As for the argument that it is only a small minority, so what. ISIS and ISIL are only a small majority of Muslims in a small area of the Muslim World. The number of terrorists does not matter, only there goals. I have several Native friends, work with them, party with them, and will stand with them. But if they, or anyone, chooses to fire on Canadians, Police, and Military to prove a point they are committing treason and should be treated accordingly.

When it is acceptable for a select few individuals to fire on Police Vehicles, establish armed blockades on public roads, threaten surveyors who have legal authority with rifles, and more then the system is broken and it is up to all Canadians to repair it. How that should be done is the reason for debates like this thread.

Boner
07-25-2015, 05:16 PM
SRUPP, I enjoy your posts and your intimate knowledge of the situation, particularly that "it is small minority" rather than the opinion voiced by some, thankfully the minority here, that it is all of the "primitives".

Thanks for that srupp and Iron Glove.

BgBlkDg
07-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Mulehahn,That says it all, my compliments.

srupp
07-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Hmm what methods, organizations, level of intervention is moot..government seems hell and determained to give in and give it all away..albeit 1 piece st a time.
Oaka is still painful for me, and I was at Gustafson..also have been held hostage in my vehicle by masked indians blocking hwy 20..and RCMP warned me I would be arrested for dissturbing the peace when I asked how long apublic hwy would be blocked by masked individuals..the law is supposed to blind..the image at courthouse withblindfolded eyes and the balance signifying justice is balanced and blind implying impartiality. .that unfortunatley is not true..indians enjoy different rulds..and the rich can afford multiple laywers..ie Oj Simpson....
Srupp

Iron Glove
07-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Mulehahn, do you not mean "minority" where you have said "majority"?
As has been correctly pointed out earlier by the sesquipedalian one, my spelling ain't two good and my grammar ain't neither so I might be misreading you.

Mulehahn
07-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes, I did mean minority. Thank you Iron Glove for letting me know of my mistake. Not sure why I typed majority. Just one of those Saturdays I guess

Iron Glove
07-25-2015, 08:56 PM
No problem Muley.
Now, re the definition et al of "terrorism", in Canada you would have to refer to 83.01 of the Criminal Code as that's what counts in Canada, not dictionary defs.
Take a look and you may, or may not then consider the acts in question as "terrorism".
Ensure that you read it in it's entirety so you don't get stuck on one sentence that is then countered by another.
There have been occasions on this site where sections of the CC have been cited to support an alleged right but the poster failed to note that a number of the cited sections had been repealed.

srupp
07-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Hmm any terrorism is wrong, firing at police, but those that are resorting to these tactics are the small minority of the 3% of Canadian population that is in question. No one condones these actions however we must remember the vast majority of natives do not resort to these methods. .they just wait and the government will give them whatever they want
Unfortunatly these vast sums of monies are not accounted for and the monies repeatadly sent to replace the plastic tarps over the roofs we see on tv..these monies dont seem to be getting to the needy..billions spent..problem still exists..hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Steven

elch jager
07-26-2015, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Iron Glove;1662763]

CRAPOLA!

Trudeau’s legacy. Just a few points.

-Canada's worst ever Prime Minister

-the prime ministerial years of Pierre Trudeau were a disaster for Canada from which we are still trying to recover.

-Architect of that dreaded Charter(1982)
“His crowning achievement, Canada’s constitution and Charter of Rights, was welcomed by a generation of lawyers and scholars, but created a “human rights industry” that threatens some of the very rights it was meant to defend, while fuelling judicial activism and putting critical national decisions in the hands of appointed judges.”

-is the epitome of arrogance who didn’t suffer fools gladly

-1 finger salute to people of Salmon Arm

-as starters to gun control Trudeau introduced central registration for a limited class of guns, "restricted weapons" such as handguns and machine guns,
1969: Bill C-150 created categories of "non-restricted," "restricted" and "prohibited" weapons. Police were also given preventive powers of search and seizure by judicial warrant if they had grounds to believe that weapons that belonged to an individual endangered the safety of society.

-rumoured to be bisexual hence the decriminalization of homosexuality in 1969 by removing the prohibition on homosexuality from the Criminal Code eventually leading to same sex marriage.

-a spending fool-the accumulated deficit under Trudeau rose tenfold, from $19.4 billion to $194.4 billion

-“was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and evolved from spoiled child to professional student to world traveler on his father's dime. His spoiled childhood consisted of being driven to school by a chaffeur, and starting a childhood club with the moniker "Les Snobs." Before he became involved in federal politics, his career consistented of remaining separated from reality by working as an associate professor and working for labor unions in Quebec.”

-stole from the cradle (30 years older than Margo)

-in the 70’s the FBI kept a voluminous file on Trudeau suspected by Hoover to be a closet communist.

-supported dictators-reported favorably on Stalin's totalitarianism….. expressed enthusiasm for Mao Tse Tung and China's Communist regime & greatly admired Fidel Castro and publicly hugged his friend Castro during a trip to Cuba in 1976. Trudeau's shout of "Vive Castro!" at a large public event during the trip was broadcast around the world. ….was once overheard by reporters remarking to Fidel Castro how much quicker and easier it would be to run things the Cuban way".

-G&M 1975- Trudeau hailed Dr. Henry Morgentaler as a 'good friend, a fine humanitarian and a true humanist'.

-Canada’s worst person-Beaver Magazine (now Canada’s History) conducted an online poll in 2007 to name “Canada’s worst person,” after the 15,000 ballots were counted, Pierre Trudeau topped the list.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/magazine-names-trudeau-as-worst-canadian-1.250674

Finally-As Senator Link Byfield stated:
"As far as I have ever been able to tell, Pierre Trudeau had three assets: cleverness, style and nerve. In short, he was an actor. He could act like an intellectual, or a lover, or a statesman, or a brawler, and a huge audience followed along, relishing his every word, gesture and hat. In this sense, he was "great." It was this quality that captivated such widespread attention."

"Behind that mask, however, he was moody, inconsistent, glib, arrogant and shallow."

Excuse me.... but watch who you are quoting... Iron Glove stated the greatest PM ever... NOT me! I only pointed out his willingness to use the military as it was relevent to the subject of the thread. We need someone to declare martial law and roll in some hardware. Our current govt is ok with cleaning up Fallujah but not our own domestic conflicts.

I had Pierre pegged for an entitled aristocrat prancing about parliament like a liitle spoilt prince. And I was in grade school at the time. He fancied himself a great outdoorsman too.... his 'outtripping' to Algonquin hardly qualified him as a girl scout let alone as someone in tune with Canada's wilderness. Your points are well made...

Perhaps we should get back to the BC Chilcotin FN crisis and debate our past PMs in its own thread?

M.Dean
07-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Jeez, I wonder if Hunting B.C. is really just a cover for a new web site, K.eep K.anada K.leen??? Sure makes a few of us so called Members leery to answer our doors at night, or even open our bloody mail anymore! Also heard Wally World's plum out of White Sheets here in B.C.!!! But if you folks want, you can get them On Line from most retail store's down in Alabama, come with eye holes all ready cut out for 2 dollars more.

BgBlkDg
07-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Do you know this from your personal purchases?

Laffin.....

ruger#1
07-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Do you know this from your personal purchases?

Laffin.....

BBD, he sells white pillow cases. Out of his Tacoma, At wally word. Big discounts and low prices. Two for one deals.:tongue:

Iron Glove
07-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Well Potzy, I'd suggest that a PM who could piss off the likes of Hoover, Byfield, anti abortionists, homophobes and the like is a pretty good Real Canadian.
Other other hand, if one is a supporter of the above,I can see why one might take a different position.

Boner
07-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Jeez, I wonder if Hunting B.C. is really just a cover for a new web site, K.eep K.anada K.leen??? Sure makes a few of us so called Members leery to answer our doors at night, or even open our bloody mail anymore! Also heard Wally World's plum out of White Sheets here in B.C.!!! But if you folks want, you can get them On Line from most retail store's down in Alabama, come with eye holes all ready cut out for 2 dollars more.

Hahaha I like it when guys start their rants by saying that they have an Indian friend. It wipes their hands clean of what they are about to say.

It's usually the same characters that come across as racist. There isn't many, I have a list in my head of people I'd never want to meet because of what they type on this forum.

ruger#1
07-26-2015, 09:23 AM
Hahaha I like it when guys start their rants by saying that they have an Indian friend. It wipes their hands clean of what they are about to say.

It's usually the same characters that come across as racist. There isn't many, I have a list in my head of people I'd never want to meet because of what they type on this forum.

With the name Boner, I would only want to meet you, If I was a horny woman.:tongue:

BgBlkDg
07-26-2015, 09:27 AM
I have no time for "homophobes" and was one of, if not the first, independent bookstore owners in BC to actually stock "Gay" literature, about when "Little Sisters" opened in Vancity. I took a LOT of flack for that and I usually just laughed as I feel very strongly that an individual's private life is just that, NO ONE else's affair.

I am profoundly "anti-abortion" except when the mother's life is endangered and PET's dealing with that with a panel of 3 MDs to make the decision was about as fair and sound a policy as could be expected then or now.

Byfield's, really never impressed me as their sort of extreme attitudes are exactly like those of Mao, Stalin and so on, they just babble about Christ, while attempting to dominate the lives of others. Not my kind of "conservative", but, some seem entranced by their simplistic credo.

Hoover, was a psychopath, a real fascist and a very weird dude, thank God, he was NOT a Canadian!

Some, tend to ascribe qualities to others here due to their own hangups and when it comes to suggestions of others being "KKK", the entire discussion and HBC are denigrated, IMHO. Too bad, but, all too typical.

BgBlkDg
07-26-2015, 09:32 AM
With the name Boner, I would only want to meet you, If I was a horny woman.:tongue:

BEST post of the entire thread, howling with laughter!!!!

Well, gotta go do my "geezer" workout so I can hunt in Sept.

Have a great Sunday, all! :)

Boner
07-26-2015, 10:32 AM

Hahaha you're ok! I've met a few HBC guys, most had a laugh at my name. Haven't met a bad one yet!!! :)

Boner
07-26-2015, 10:34 AM
BEST post of the entire thread, howling with laughter!!!!

Well, gotta go do my "geezer" workout so I can hunt in Sept.

Have a great Sunday, all! :)

Im howling with laughter about how you always talk yourself up like we're a bunch of broads you're trying to impress. :)

albravo2
07-26-2015, 10:44 AM
I have no time for "homophobes" and was one of, if not the first, independent bookstore owners in BC to actually stock "Gay" literature, about when "Little Sisters" opened in Vancity. I took a LOT of flack for that and I usually just laughed as I feel very strongly that an individual's private life is just that, NO ONE else's affair.

Since I've been pretty consistent pointing out everything you say that I disagree with, I feel compelled to give this statement a big thumbs up and admit I didn't see it coming.

Good on you.

/a

albravo2
07-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Now, just to be fair, I feel like I should go back over 180s posts and find something nice to say.

ruger#1
07-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Now, just to be fair, I feel like I should go back over 180s posts and find something nice to say.

Ha Ha. You got me laughing. I almost peed my pants.

markomoose
07-26-2015, 09:49 PM

It's usually the same characters that come across as racist. There isn't many, I have a list in my head of people I'd never want to meet because of what they type on this forum.Hey BONER if you knew M.Dean I'm almost positive you would retract your comments!! Just saying!

albravo2
07-26-2015, 09:59 PM
FWIW, I think Boner was agreeing with M.Dean when he said it feels like it is getting a bit racist on here.

I look forward to M.Dean's old school posts. Definitely a character to share a fire with.

Boner
07-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Hey BONER if you knew M.Dean I'm almost positive you would retract your comments!! Just saying!

I think I understand the confusion, but I'm agreeing with M.Dean. :)

FWIW, I think Boner was agreeing with M.Dean when he said it feels like it is getting a bit racist on here.

I look forward to M.Dean's old school posts. Definitely a character to share a fire with.

Roger that! I enjoy his posts.

BgBlkDg
07-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Im howling with laughter about how you always talk yourself up like we're a bunch of broads you're trying to impress. :)

The use of the sexist term ...broads... here is ironic, given your supposed concern about "racism", but, its hardly surprising.

Wipe the drool off your chin and perhaps try to stop your idiotic laughter as your gender confusion is not particularly funny.

Boner
07-27-2015, 06:52 AM
They get locked when mods decide that personal slurs have detracted from the basis of the thread. This, is why I have not responded to your silly attempts to deride me and will not.

This is true.

Looks like I touched a nerve. I'm stepping back as I'm not helping the thread by continuing on.

Carry on. :)

SR80
07-27-2015, 06:59 AM
I've said it before...and I'll say it again. Yet another thread that the big black dog is apart of that is pure entertainment. "Laffin"

ruger#1
07-27-2015, 07:05 AM
This is true.

Looks like I touched a nerve. I'm stepping back as I'm not helping the thread by continuing on.

Carry on. :) No more viagra for you.

kevan
07-27-2015, 07:16 AM
I've said it before...and I'll say it again. Yet another thread that the big black dog is apart of that is pure entertainment. "Laffin"

And thats the truth !!

hare_assassin
07-27-2015, 07:26 AM

I find his, superfluous and incorrect use of, commas ruins, the entertainment, value of his, posts.

BgBlkDg
07-27-2015, 07:28 AM
This is true.

Carry on. :)

Me, too it was really more meant in jest as it was just too good to resist, no harm, no foul.

Cody.270
10-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi I was wondering if anything with the natives around the Alexis creek area and highway is still happening with the theft? I've noticed all pots are faily dated about the situation. Thanks