PDA

View Full Version : Back road map book App

troutseeker
07-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Mussio has an iPhone app called back road map book that is supposed to be like their books, for your iPhone.

being the sucker that I am, I spent the $30 for it and it just does not function properly.

their tech support tells me to buy it again and the ask for a refund from Apple. Huh, I don't think so... Getting money back from Apple is a pain in the rear and might not even happen...

Save your money and do not buy this product, as it stands, it stinks.

mike-juliet
07-21-2015, 08:31 PM
I have been using this for a few months since it came out, IOS8 on an iPhone 6, too bad you've had bad luck but so far my app is running great.

604ksmith
07-21-2015, 08:49 PM
I have been using this for a few months since it came out, IOS8 on an iPhone 6, too bad you've had bad luck but so far my app is running great.

Is it worth the $30?

Foxtail
07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling. Shouldn't have to buy it again. Sounds like the tech person doesn't know what they are talking about or trying to scam you.

rides bike to work
07-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Back roads map book is the best maps you can get for hunting in Bc it is a small company literally one guy in a office in Richmond he is probably the tech support. I had troubles loading maps onto my Garmin rhino wich was extremely complicated so I drove to the office and he helped me out and fixed the problem. The maps on disc are well over $100 so thirty for the app sounds like a good deal.

itsy bitsy xj
07-21-2015, 10:45 PM
I have had ir for a couple of years it came on a disk and you could put it on 3 phones or ipads. I t works great but I think it was about $100. It will even show you where you are on the map

troutseeker
08-09-2015, 11:01 AM
I tried re-installing without any luck. I am expecting a call from one of their guys tomorrow, we'll see what happens then.

The $30 is a yearly subscription, OK as long as they keep updating the maps I guess. If it works, lol.

pg83
08-09-2015, 01:18 PM
I've got it on my phone as well. It's great for when you are on roads. havent had any issues with it myself