PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of 3 got a shared moose draw...?

Pointdexter
07-20-2015, 03:41 AM
Hi, I'm new at everything involving hunting here. I'll keep it short.My two friends and I put in for a shared moose hunt in 3-40.My two friends checked their numbers and they both got a moose draw for 3-40.I checked my number and I got **** all...and yet everything we did was for a shared hunt.So...Wtf. Does this mean that the two other guys can legally get a moose tag and I can't? One guy already said he can't make it. So if myself and the other guy get two moose am I technically breaking the law since the site says I didn't get anything?Thanks in advance...

Rob
07-20-2015, 05:00 AM
Weird, your # should have come up as well, could call them.

Rhyno
07-20-2015, 06:17 AM
Hi, I'm new at everything involving hunting here. I'll keep it short.My two friends and I put in for a shared moose hunt in 3-40.My two friends checked their numbers and they both got a moose draw for 3-40.I checked my number and I got **** all...and yet everything we did was for a shared hunt.So...Wtf. Does this mean that the two other guys can legally get a moose tag and I can't? One guy already said he can't make it. So if myself and the other guy get two moose am I technically breaking the law since the site says I didn't get anything?Thanks in advance...

Something is messed up here, if the application was filled out correctly and entered properly in Victoria you all should have the successful hunt code.

So as it stands now you cannot hunt moose as part of that shared hunt because you do not have an authorization. Call in, they can pull your cards and let you know what's up.

Vladimir Poutine
07-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Did you send ALL your apps together? If you did you have a case. On the down side, 3-40 is a tough area now. Not to mention they are logging the shit out of it. Good luck.

Dannybuoy
07-20-2015, 08:02 AM
My guess would be that the third hunter # that was entered/drawn isn't yours ...... typo ??

FirePower
07-20-2015, 12:15 PM

This is way to important to rely on the armchair experts here or on any other website . Get all your information from all 3 applicants including hunters numbers, hunt codes and replies from the MOE. Then contact the authorities at the below number. Have your information and case all prepared, be as concise and possible relaying only the facts not suspicions or assumptions. I'm sure you will get the problem fixed or at least an acceptable explanation.

Phone:
250 387-9771 or toll free at 1-866-387-9771

rred
07-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Also, if 3rd guy is out, you and buddy can only harvest one moose combined. Need groups of 3 or 4 to pull out 2.

boxhitch
07-20-2015, 12:20 PM
So if myself and the other guy get two moose am I technically breaking the law since the site says I didn't get anything?yes..........

TPK
07-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I suspect an error in applying .. either wrong numbers were entered or the three draws were not mailed together in one envelope .. or something along those lines but keep us posted with what you find out. Did YOU look at the LEH synopsis and MAKE SURE the entries were done correctly? Did you mistakenly apply for a different Moose hunt as well as the LEH? That will screw you out of all your moose draws as you can only put ONE entry per LEH species ... Some of these questions you can answer ... so please do.

MichelD
07-20-2015, 12:32 PM
"Also, if 3rd guy is out, you and buddy can only harvest one moose combined. Need groups of 3 or 4 to pull out 2."

I really wonder what the definitive word is on this one. If four people apply for a shared draw, but only two of those four actually go hunting, then are they permitted to actually kill one or two moose? The four person group that applied is granted two LEH authorizations.

The LEH paper says "If a member of a group cannot participate, the others may still hunt
and the non-participating member(s) may join the hunt later if the group quota has
not been reached, but must first update the Harvest Details section of their LEH shared
hunt authorization appropriately."

Duidery
07-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Sorry, quick side track: for group hunts, do all the LEH cards have to be sent in together?

MichelD
07-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Sorry, quick side track: for group hunts, do all the LEH cards have to be sent in together?

Page 2.

If you
are applying for a Group or Shared
hunt, application cards must be sent together
in one envelope and the word ‘GROUP’ or
‘SHARED’ must be written in the bottom left
corner on the front of the envelope.

DawsonCreedmoor
07-20-2015, 12:52 PM
They sure do D-U-I-D-E-R-Y. What is that even?

It says right on the cards if you bothered to read them

KodiakHntr
07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Also, if 3rd guy is out, you and buddy can only harvest one moose combined. Need groups of 3 or 4 to pull out 2.

Nope....Only need 3 or 4 guys to apply for the authorizations, not to fill the authorizations.....

russm86
07-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Nope....Only need 3 or 4 guys to apply for the authorizations, not to fill the authorizations.....

This has always been my understanding from reading the regs as well...

Ambush
07-20-2015, 02:55 PM

This comes up every year so:

For a shared hunt if three or four hunters apply:

If four people go hunting they can take two moose.

If three people go hunting they can take two moose.

If two people go hunting they can take two moose.

If one person goes hunting he can take one moose.

Any hunter, of the four, with an unfilled tag can then hunt moose in any GOS.

russm
07-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Not that it matters in my case because I don't ever get any limited entries but lets say a group of 4 gets drawn, 3 of the guys bail, the 1 remaining guy goes out one week and gets a moose, can the same guy go out on another trip by himself and shoot the second moose also?

last light
07-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Not that it matters in my case because I don't ever get any limited entries but lets say a group of 4 gets drawn, 3 of the guys bail, the 1 remaining guy goes out one week and gets a moose, can the same guy go out on another trip by himself and shoot the second moose also?

You are only allowed one (1) moose per year.

guntech
07-20-2015, 06:12 PM

You obviously did not fill out your cards correctly... if you had you would all be successful and as a group of 3 you would have a total of 2 draws... and all of you would show as successful. That means you are not part of the draw...

aggiehunter
07-21-2015, 08:42 AM
russm, why would you and no you couldn't....

wideopenthrottle
07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
have you called to get clarification from the ministry yet?

TPK
07-21-2015, 01:04 PM
have you called to get clarification from the ministry yet?

What needs to be clarified?

wideopenthrottle
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
What needs to be clarified?

if it was a mistake on filling out the cards or if (and I know it sounds crazy) they might have made a mistake?

TPK
07-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Well we can be pretty certain it was a mistake filling out the cards in this case or all three would have been notified of their success ... though I guess there is a very slim chance there was a screw up at the "other end" how ever with the advice and questions posted and no response from the OP .. my thought is he figured out his screw up and we won't hear about it.

Pointdexter
07-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for the replies. I called Victoria and had a chat with them and got everything straightened out. So here's what happened:

Family friend of mine says him and his three buddies are going for deer in an area and wanted to know if i would like to go in. So I agree, thank him, and give him my number, I'll bring the beer, etc. Well at the last second they decide to change it to a moose hunt without mentioning it to me.

So then when the draw happened, I though I was only in for moose with my two friends and deer with the three guys. Well the three guys' moose draw comes up and they get skunked. So then I got automatically withdrawn from the group with my two friends, and they happened to get a moose tag as a group of two.

Shitty, but I'm glad it got sorted out.

Daybreak
07-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for the replies. I called Victoria and had a chat with them and got everything straightened out. So here's what happened:

Family friend of mine says him and his three buddies are going for deer in an area and wanted to know if i would like to go in. So I agree, thank him, and give him my number, I'll bring the beer, etc. Well at the last second they decide to change it to a moose hunt without mentioning it to me.

So then when the draw happened, I though I was only in for moose with my two friends and deer with the three guys. Well the three guys' moose draw comes up and they get skunked. So then I got automatically withdrawn from the group with my two friends, and they happened to get a moose tag as a group of two

Shitty, but I'm glad it got sorted out.

Your numbers don't add up.

Your "family friend" guy and his 3 buddies could not have included you in the draw unless one of them wasn't licenced. Sounds like they just wanted your number to increase their odds and ended up screwing you out of the successful draw you were originally in with your friends.

With family friends like that who needs enemies. LOL.

TPK
07-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Yup, put in two applications for the same species and all your applications are null. Sucks they did that to you. You need to have a chat with your family friends and let them know that they should not be changing what animal you are applying for with them as they just screwed you out of a moose hunt (thank them very much for that).

Pointdexter
07-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Yup, put in two applications for the same species and all your applications are null. Sucks they did that to you. You need to have a chat with your family friends and let them know that they should not be changing what animal you are applying for with them as they just screwed you out of a moose hunt (thank them very much for that).

oh yeah, I'm totally going to have a talk with him. "Thanks for the offer, but because of what happened I'll be going with other people next year."

srthomas75
07-25-2015, 10:16 AM
confusing. but you got shafted by their lack of foresight .

rred
08-17-2015, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the clarification