PDA

View Full Version : Prince George 7-07 questions

last light
07-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi folks!

Very excited to finally get a bull moose draw for 7-07. I haven't been there for over ten years and now I'm going back. I'll be bringing moose, black bear, and mule tag since I've seen these animals in the past. I know for the price I should grab a whitetail tag as well. I'm just wondering if there is a "good" chance or a "slim" one that I'll even see any whitetail?

My second and more important question is about when I'm going. I have time booked off for September 28-October 11. My priority on this hunt is to hopefully shoot my first moose. I may have the opportunity to add another week of holidays to what I already have listed above. For all you moose pros, do you think it would be better to add 7 more days in front or behind above dates?

Thank you very much in advance for any answers/opinions guys!

LL

buckshot
07-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Spend the fifteen bucks on the whitetail tag. If you extend, do it in the front end of your planned dates. Practice your moose call and you will have a good time.

Ry151
07-18-2015, 06:59 PM
^^^^ what he said. Take the extra time on the front imo.

last light
07-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the input buckshot and Ry151. That's kind of the way I was leaning but it helps to have verification from people who actually know. Most of my hunting knowledge is from hunting black bears and deer only. Every bit of moose knowledge definitely helps me out! Thanks for the reminder on moose calling. Will be looking for some videos on this and never too early to start practicing.

monasheemountainman
07-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Never seen a single deer in there... Great moose/grizz country....seen deer sign but no deer lol

last light
07-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Never seen a single deer in there... Great moose/grizz country....seen deer sign but no deer lol

I know what you mean about the deer. The only ones I saw was a group of flat tops that came out of the wood work when my partner was checking his gun in an old gravel pit. So many people worry about scaring game away but this was one time it appeared to "call" them in. No bucks though. Still funny to watch.

tomahawk
07-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Been hunting 707 since 81 and have seen a few deer tracks but never a deer. There may be pockets of mules but not many. Lots of blacks, griz and moose if you know where they are. Bulls goin strong in the rut well before the 28th so take the week before off. Last year we called lots of bulls and took 2 on the first 2 days.