PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand the BC Regs please ??

Dog_River
07-18-2015, 07:53 AM
I have lived here in BC for three years and but have been working away so I did not put in for the LEH figuring I wouldn't be able to go and did not want to waste a draw if I won.

If I understand the General Regs, I can still hunt and bag what is in the Regs ? For my particular area 7a, the General Open Seasons are on page #74. If I look at the Elk section it says I can bag a 6 point Elk or a spike fork moose or a calf moose correct ?

I have tried to get a real good explanation of how the system works and read the Regs through and even called the LEH Hotline, but it seems a bit confusing to me. Maybe it's just me or am I just over thinking this ?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dog_River

Fella
07-18-2015, 08:16 AM
GOS is separate from LEH. LEH tags are tags you put in for supplementary to what you can hunt in GOS. If you don't have an LEH draw, read the GOS regs that are specific to the region you want to hunt, and it'll show species, then it'll show applicable MU's and the date and that is when and where you can hunt that specific species/antler configuration.

stinkyduck
07-18-2015, 08:30 AM
In the front of the book somewhere, i think its called provincial baglimits, says what you are allowed to harvest in the year of hunting. ex. 1 moose 1 elk 3 deer 2 bears etc. now this is from my memory! Ok its on page 16 and 17.

sparkes3
07-18-2015, 05:43 PM
you can hunt and bag wharever is i the general open seasons,pay special attention to antler restrictions
no POINT in getting in shite over an half an inch

AlexPdHJ
07-18-2015, 06:41 PM
I have lived here in BC for three years and but have been working away so I did not put in for the LEH figuring I wouldn't be able to go and did not want to waste a draw if I won.

If I understand the General Regs, I can still hunt and bag what is in the Regs ? For my particular area 7a, the General Open Seasons are on page #74. If I look at the Elk section it says I can bag a 6 point Elk or a spike fork moose or a calf moose correct ?

I have tried to get a real good explanation of how the system works and read the Regs through and even called the LEH Hotline, but it seems a bit confusing to me. Maybe it's just me or am I just over thinking this ?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dog_River

Yep, you are correct. In the specific management units between the specified dates you could harvest one 6 point bull elk, and one moose either spike fork for or calf. Provincial bag limits and restrictions apply.

wideopenthrottle
07-18-2015, 06:47 PM
hunt with a native guy and disregard all reg....heheheh...honestly I am just kidding

russm
07-18-2015, 06:49 PM
If it's in the regs you can hunt it, just make sure the season is open for it, and you don't have to stay in the region that you live in either.

Sniperdan
07-18-2015, 07:11 PM
The calf season in region 7a is limited to only 2 management units 7-16 and 7-23 so unless you are hunting in one of those M-U's or if you are a youth/senior you have a few extra options.

Dog_River
07-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I think I was just over thinking this. I am retired now and will put in the LEH next year.

Dog_River

boxhitch
07-18-2015, 08:41 PM
....just over thinking this. I am retired..........take your fingers away from the keyboard she said to me ........

Wick
07-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Hey Dog_River. I wish you the best in your back country pursuits.

I agree that many parts of the regs can be confusing and the LEH mechanics are certainly challenging to fully comprehend.

As you have been a resident here for 3 years, I have one question for you though.

When did you complete your CORE course? Some aspects of your question about GOS seemed rudimentary and should have been central to the CORE program. Further, I would have thought that whoever you took your CORE through should have been able to provide a resource to answer the more challenging part of your questions.

I am sure my question is unfounded and you have a hunter number now, but I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction as well.

Wick

Dog_River
07-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Like I said in my post I may be over thinking the question, but I would rather ask a question than to be in doubt. Yes I am legal to hunt in BC

Hey Dog_River. I wish you the best in your back country pursuits.

I agree that many parts of the regs can be confusing and the LEH mechanics are certainly challenging to fully comprehend.

As you have been a resident here for 3 years, I have one question for you though.

When did you complete your CORE course? Some aspects of your question about GOS seemed rudimentary and should have been central to the CORE program. Further, I would have thought that whoever you took your CORE through should have been able to provide a resource to answer the more challenging part of your questions.

I am sure my question is unfounded and you have a hunter number now, but I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction as well.

Wick

Wick
07-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Cool. Good luck buddy.