PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in BC/Hunt Swap

glennw89
07-17-2015, 01:13 PM
I've lurked on this forum for a few years now. Hunting in the mountains of BC has been a lifelong dream.

I've spent weeks (months?) in BC in the last 15 years whitewater kayaking (best paddling in the world - and I've been all over North America, New Zealand, etc.), backpacking, skiing, climbing, etc. If my career didn't mandate I stay in Ontario, I would almost certainly have moved west a long time ago. However, with BC's strict non-resident hunting guidelines the only way I can hunt there is either with a current resident or an outfitter.

While I could probably scrape together enough cash to afford an outfitted hunt, I would much prefer a more genuine experience - even if it was less successful in terms of game harvest.

I'm not fussy about target species. Rutting elk is a dream of mine, but moose/goat/mule deer/etc. would all be a wonderful experience. Physically, I am capable of handling any hunting conditions. I'm happy to fit into whatever team approach you and your hunting group may have. My work schedule would mandate an August hunt most years, but next fall (2016) I will be on sabbatical from work for the entire late summer/fall.

I'm not a serial killer, fraudster, gangster - just a really avid hunter! I realize this is probably starting to sound like an Online Dating profile and I apologize for that!

I have access to approximately 1500 acres of private land for wild turkey hunting here in Ontario. I'd be happy to reciprocate and host someone who was interested in a spring gobbler hunt (season in late April to May 31). Non-residents can buy tags over the counter in Ontario after taking the Wild Turkey Hunting Seminar (can be done via DVD/Internet now).

lovemywinchester
07-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Hi Glenn. A few questions.
1 Where are you from in Ontario?
2 Are you A LEAF fan?

Hunting for big game generally starts in September here. Keep that in mind.

glennw89
07-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Eastern Ontario, Ottawa area.

Senators fan all the way, since they came back to the NHL in 1992.

With work I can often take unpaid leave for up to a week so sometime in September/October would possibly work too.

Boner
07-17-2015, 08:31 PM
There's August moose hunting in the 7B Peace Region. Starting from YXS airport in Prince George, a 2 hour drive to get into that region and away you go! As a guest of course.

lovemywinchester
07-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Sens fan eh...

Good luck with your search.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/TL1_zps8l6w1dtk.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/zippogold/media/TL1_zps8l6w1dtk.jpg.html)

eric
07-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Hmmmm, I have a Daughter who lives north of Toronto that I have been wanting to go visit, and I do live in 7B area....
Hows the Walleye fishing around your area....

But you are a Sens fan !!!!!!!

glennw89
07-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Walleye fishing is average - Northern Ontario has the best walleye fishing in Ontario, bar none. My colleague goes to the Lac Seul area every summer and absolutely slays walleye.

That said, fishing for walleye, bass, muskie, pike, etc. is still very good.

lorneparker1
07-17-2015, 10:05 PM
id say Sw Ontario has the best walleye fishing. Lake Erie, St Clair, Detroit river are all slaydown