PDA

View Full Version : sun optics

chrismcd
07-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Looking at a cheap spotting scope . Does anyone know about Sun optics, cheap brand but price is good. Is it worth it? It's a 20-60x80 no other name besides "Sun optics"

noth615
07-15-2015, 05:10 PM
If your looking for something cheap..... I would recommend trying Minox, Vortex or Leupold, all are fair optics for the price.

Lastcar
07-15-2015, 05:37 PM
No knowledge of the brand you reference. Seek out reviews online and try searching the various US forums. No doubt you'll stumble across some information to support a decision.

Of course some real life experience from someone on here would be great too! But increase your sample size of opinion if you can. One man's treasure is another man's junk. Intentionally reversed the proverb.

You can often find Vortex Nomads at pretty decent prices in classifieds on various forums. I sold mine for $250 on here last fall. Also on Ebay with some frequency. Of course with the Canadian dollar filling its shorts, they're a little pricier coming out of America but still probably the best value for around 200-250 dollars.

Thought I saw a used Leupold Gold Ring compact on here...but maybe another forum. Price seemed pretty reasonable so may be gone already.

EDIT: Found it, but it is $450. Which I suspect moves it from the price point you are looking at.

chrismcd
07-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Yeah I usually go vortex or Bushnell. Was hoping I may have found a hidden gem and save a couple hundred bucks. Hoping someone here had personal experience with it. Thanks for the tips, keep em coming .