PDA

View Full Version : cariboo river

forestwalker
07-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Hey guys and gals
Hit up the cariboo river last weekend, spent our time around the keithley creek bridge. Worked at it a good solid day with little success. We were spincasting for dolly's and bulls using krocs and blue fox lures and trying just about everything else in the arsenal, all we had to show for our efforts was one tiny dolly that flipped off right away. Talking to some people after getting back home most were shocked we didn't get more that we did. A couple old timers have mentioned worms as the way to go. Was just wondering what other people have found success with over the years. The water was unseasonably warm and after hearing the nearby horsefly river was closed to fishing because of water temps i have it in the back of my head that the water of the cariboo could have been affected the same way.
Some people have also mentioned hiking down a couple kilometers beneath the falls. Not looking for personal fishing grounds just some fishing success on a great river.
Cheers
Rick

white moose
07-15-2015, 11:33 AM
I've hunted the river before and when we were there in september, best fishing was above kimball lake. If you find the salmon, you'll find the bulls. They chasing eggs. we used pink spoons and even had a couple rotten salmon hit. Lots of fun. By the way fair amount of grizz tracks on the sand bars.

little_buck
07-22-2015, 10:19 PM
I had pretty good success with pink and white flies on that river. Up by the bridge below Kimball lake. The sockeye were in and lots of trout feeding on the eggs. I found the biggest thing was to let it drift real slow were the current changed.

forestwalker
07-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the info guys, although that's a far trip for a day of fishing, have to plan a weekend around it. "white moose" says he was there in september, when were you on the river "little buck"
Cheers guys
Rick