PDA

View Full Version : 5-02A Moose Oct 1-14

shekarchi
07-13-2015, 10:11 PM
After 5 years of applying for LEH, finally won a moose draw. I have been doing as much research as I can in the forums from previous posts and will be doing 2-3 scouting trips before the hunt.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.It would be great to know where to spend my time scouting.

Frango
07-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Find a draw/ funnel ,sit and wait.Good luck.

srupp
07-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Hmmm you have the prime rut...bonus.flying over that area over the years truly was surprised that the amount of moose..as has been suggested calling will work magic..
I never put in for that area because it seemed more muley than moosey..but seen a whavk of em.
A lot..a LOT of guys seemed to take the enterprise rd..even in spit of it beeing a indian highway to the rez..but they got more moose than i expected.
Find quiet places away from the main travelled corridors. .hang up some tampons soaked in moose urine..sped the entire dsy calling every 15 minutes..you simply cant call too loud..
There are a couple places I would recomend however I dont drop names on a public forum..pm please
Congratulations on the draw..now practice your cow calling.. bulls are looking for eome lovin not fighting..fighting is what they will do to get that cow..use the cow call..the 5 or 6 spots to hang tampons seperated by 3 kms high windy places..will hold bulls attention overnight or while your not there..
Cheers good luck..
Steven

Ps with how dry it is find larger pkaces of water..a lot has dried up already

sarg
07-14-2015, 04:59 PM
That's a great draw to have, we have had it 3 time (group draws) and have taking 5 bulls from that area, pm if you have any question about it. I could put u on some decent spots for sure

sarg
07-14-2015, 05:00 PM
My 3 kid each have a doe draws for 5-02 so we will be in the area thanksgiving weekend

elch jager
07-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Nicely done. That's where we put in... However - Mulies only this year. We'll be camped at Valentine - White Dodge Ram, Blue F150 stop by and say hi... One of the boys may be willing to show you where they have seen moose in the past...