PDA

View Full Version : Gos 6-6

Grinder
07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Just wondering if the GOS is a gong show in 6-6 with a million guys? Also is there many moose left in that area. Haven't hunted it for a number of years. I know it used to be good but its been a while. Any info would help greatly. Thanks.

chinooker
07-12-2015, 10:12 PM
The open season is a gong show in all of the southern management units of region 6.You can be fairly successful though if you get off the Beaten path. The moose pop has declined allot in the last few years, but 6-6-6 is a good area.

XPEIer
07-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Yes it is, we go every year and it seems to get worse and worse. I sat in one cutblock and waited for daylight, it was like a highway one quad, a truck, a dirt bike, another truck, another quad or two it was insane, and not one of them knew I was parked at the top and sitting in the block.

xpeier

blacklab
07-13-2015, 06:46 AM
It was great when the season ran into November and there were some moose left.
I went up a couple of years ago for old times sake. It was an awful busy spot.

Caribou_lou
07-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Yes it is, we go every year and it seems to get worse and worse. I sat in one cutblock and waited for daylight, it was like a highway one quad, a truck, a dirt bike, another truck, another quad or two it was insane, and not one of them knew I was parked at the top and sitting in the block.

xpeier

That doesn't sound like you were off the beaten path!

There is a great population of Moose in region 6 and a healthy bull to cow ratio. We have had to fight to keep our open season. Ministry would love for us to be on full LEH in the southern parts of region 6. If you hunt hard and walk you will see moose and have a great opportunity for a bull.

Grinder
07-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Any camp at Taltapin lake rec site, just wondering what that area is like for moose population and hunter population lol.