PDA

View Full Version : Any info for Moose 5-2D Oct 1-14 ☺

River Rat 502
07-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone new to HBC but heard good things. Wife and I have a draw for a bull 5-2D Oct 1-14. We have hunted north of Beaver Lake Road from Mcleese to Burgess Mtn and all around there and up the 2600 road it some success but 4 years ago was very hard hunting likely do to over logging, hunting pressure not to mention wolves. Talked to many locals all had the same conclusion all of which I've mentioned. If anyone can give us some info to a more productive area it would be greatly appreciated. I love the Mcleese area of BC and wouldn't give up on the Burgess Mtn but an area change would be nice too. Thanks in advance and happy hunting.

srupp
07-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Pm sent..
Cheers
Srupp

TravisC
07-14-2015, 11:14 PM
I have also drew the 5-02 D hunt but for oct 15-31 its been 5 years now and supper excited to be going back. Tho the last time I hunted there it was very hard and very heavy with wolves found 5 different wolf kills over a 8 day period. Even got stocked by a couple wolves. Its been 5 years since our last draw there and Ive hunted that area since 96 before it was draws. The last time I was there was by far the worst Ive seen it for predators and dry. Even the deer sightings went from 30-100 some days to lucky to find 10. We managed our moose and shot it standing in a clear cut at 1pm with a tempture for 22 degs out it was crazy. If you get any new helpful advice please pass the wealth along :)

srupp
07-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Hmm send a pm with ph number..

Actually going to get out with a husband and his wife that drew a tag each..and practice calling, passing on this knowlege , will take some video..
Cheers
Steven