PDA

View Full Version : Area 5-2 zone a moose draw

MAMMOET
07-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Our group drew 2 moose tags for this area on Oct 15-30. Could anybody give us some info on where to hunt this area?
How are the moose populations in this area? We put in for this area because A buddy of mine has a cabin on green lake and we will be staying there. I'm not asking for honey holes but would kindly appreciate some info on where to start.
2 years ago we drew 2 tags for 5-13 c and were succesfull regardless of all the wolf sign. How is the wolf situation in this area?

Thanks in advance

Taylor329
07-12-2015, 10:03 PM
I had a draw in a neighbouring zone last year, finally connected on day 7. Wolf/Coyotes could be heard in large packs from a few places when I threw out a moose call, I just had to leave the area. Whole time I only spotted 2 cows and 2 bulls one of which I shot, LOTS of moose sign though. I had a Polaris RZR to get around from spot to spot and I found the best success when I was frequenting lots areas during midday and glassing in promising looking in the morning and evening. The moose are there, don't get discouraged if you don't see anything for a while. Good Luck!

MAMMOET
07-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info Taylor, always appreciate feed back!!
Cheers.