PDA

View Full Version : Spenses Bridge..

srupp
07-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Hmm goingback to Spenses yet again..im not that guy that has got his 5th ram..or the other that already has 4..they sure have a guranteed way to make me feel inadequet..
Last trip during the hunting season seen 80 sheep in 10 days..nothing definite..2 iffies..
Any pm with crazy Ivan strategies..hip replacement is over..waiting for first of 2 knee replacement.
Appreciate crazy ivan suggestipn by pm only.

Cheers
Steven

Big Lew
07-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Steve, did you notice if you had cell service in the area you plan to try?
If you're needing help at all, either packing your trophy out, or if you get in
a pickle, give me a call or set your 'spot' up with a message and I'll zip up there.

bighornbob
07-11-2015, 07:14 PM
The key to spences is glass and glass again. Glass one spot and then move to glass another and so on. When you are done all your spots start at the beginning.

Start the first weekend and go for as many as you can. Been hunting the area over twenty years and learn an new glassing spot each time. Notice I didn't say I learn a new place rams hang out. It's finding different glassing spots.

There are no secret rams valleys or hanging basins where rams hang out, the whole country is sheep habitat from the river edge to the timber up top, from the thick timber to the clear cuts have all provided ram sighting. Even seen rams in the middle of some of the roads.

The effort does not have to be tough but the effort must be sustained as it's only a matter of time when the one spot you have glassed a thousand times finally produces a ram in the binos.

BHB

Buck
07-11-2015, 08:09 PM
The key to spences is glass and glass again. Glass one spot and then move to glass another and so on. When you are done all your spots start at the beginning.

Start the first weekend and go for as many as you can. Been hunting the area over twenty years and learn an new glassing spot each time. Notice I didn't say I learn a new place rams hang out. It's finding different glassing spots.

There are no secret rams valleys or hanging basins where rams hang out, the whole country is sheep habitat from the river edge to the timber up top, from the thick timber to the clear cuts have all provided ram sighting. Even seen rams in the middle of some of the roads.

The effort does not have to be tough but the effort must be sustained as it's only a matter of time when the one spot you have glassed a thousand times finally produces a ram in the binos.

BHB

Great advice i spent a lot of time glassing there but no luck yet.Maybe this year.

Ride Red
07-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Steve, did you notice if you had cell service in the area you plan to try?
If you're needing help at all, either packing your trophy out, or if you get in
a pickle, give me a call or set your 'spot' up with a message and I'll zip up there.

There is cell service between Spences and Ashcroft. We were running the river from Martel last weekend and hit service halfway up.

srupp
07-11-2015, 11:05 PM

BHB

Thank you sincerely, this has gotten to be a quest..lol..and your advice is appreciated with so many season's of doing exactly that spotting glassing moving..repeat..
Over the years Ive met numerous sheep hunters at my lookouts and they have show n me photos of their sheep they have shot by glassing..just where I was..

Hmmm another year of cactus butt..lol spri g bear..Alberta whitetails..Oct moose calling..and Spenses Bridge..kind of spoiled..
Thanks gents..first day of 50% of the day without a cane..
Cheers
Steven

Big Lew
07-12-2015, 08:12 AM
"first day of 50% of the day without a cane.."

That's good news to hear....just make sure you're using it on the stairs.

Leaseman
07-13-2015, 12:20 PM
"first day of 50% of the day without a cane.."

That's good news to hear....just make sure you're using it on the stairs.

After his second go around Dave, he won't learn!:twisted: