PDA

View Full Version : PSE X Force

pmj
04-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't shoot with a bow (yet). I went to Boormans Archery in New Westminster to ask some questions. They had a PSE X Force just came in for some one. I know nothing about bows but it looks wild8). I was told it goes 350 fps:shock:! At the time I was looking for string for a traditional bow that came into my hands:redface: .

Bow Walker
04-21-2007, 07:48 AM
That X-Force is one fast little puppy!! It was engineered and built with speed foremost on the agenda.

Check out PSE's website and some of the advertising....

jessbennett
04-21-2007, 07:53 AM
dont expect a forgiving friendly bow to shoot there. they have under a 6 inch or just under brace height too. i definately dont reccomend a bow like this to a beginner.

Bow Walker
04-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't you find - generally speaking - that the "forgivness" of today's bows is a way better than the bows of only 5 years ago? Even with shorter A-2-As and lower brace heights?

I think that the parallel limb technology has a lot to do with this......also with the distinct lack of hand shock in almost all bows made within the last 2 - 3 years.

jessbennett
04-21-2007, 10:41 AM
in a way i suppose, but a 6 inch brace height is still a six inch brace height in my opinion. there is no way to compare a bow with a 6 or under brace height with another that has a 7 to 8 inch brace height. ive tried the new pse, ar line and let me tell ya, the ar almost flew out of my hand. it was horrible. im not one to brand bash, but let me tell ya, it was violent:-o. i think it had alot to do with those dinky lil limbs they have. once again just my opinion. try to stay away from the lower brace heights when first starting out. dont play the speed game off the bat like most of us did when we started out.dont think that a the fastest bow is always the best. sure speed is great, but dont sacrifice shootability to get it. ive shot bows that are above 320-330 and let me tell ya other than one(which mark has now), all were quite finicky. remember a smooth shooting, forgiving bow is much more important. also a hunting bow that is over 300 fps to 315 fps is readily atainable from most archery manufactures and all have a bow this speed in their lineups with over a 7 inch brace height. 300 to 315 is MORE than sufficient for hunting purposes. heck guys kill with recurves that do 150 fps.:lol::wink:

Bow Walker
04-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I was at the Pt. Alberni shoot this past weekend and met a guy by the name of Tony, who ended up joining our group for the day. Great guy. He was shooting a new Bowtech Guardian.

Impressive bow. It was set at 70 lbs. Had no stabilizer on it. Had Bowtech's string silencers and cable silencer on it. I believe it also had a silencer on the cable rod as well.

I watched Tony shoot this bow all day long. I'm here to tell you that there was absolutely no noise from this thing at the shot. I stood right beside and/or behind him while he shot. Very, very quiet. I stood about 10 yards away from him as he shot too. Couldn't hear the bow!

Tony had one of those movable sights that the guys in Open Class use. He had it set for 30 yds and the only time I saw him move it was when we were shooting at a Buffalo which was set out across the field at 60+ yds.

Twice we all shot that thing - first time Tony was tight in the 8 ring (tight to the 10 spot that is). The second time around he X'ed it! Great shot! In fact Tony shot the daylights out of most of the targets.

Anyway - point being that the Guardian is one SWEET bow. Fast, forgiving, quiet, shock-free, and good looking to boot. Check one out if you can. Money well spent IMHO.

Bow Walker
04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Check this puppy out - might be a sleeper for this year.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=478551