PDA

View Full Version : Moose and elk 7-58

Shortmag300
07-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Moose and elk 7-58

I have a couple questions. First of all did not get my Bison draw surprise. I live in the west kootenays and planning a trip pink mountain direction approx 1200 km So the 8 of us that applied for two group Bison hunts are going to head north sept 27 th to do the foot work and scouting in case we ever get the Bison draw. Google earth is great but it can't replace seeing the area first hand. So the 8 of us are coming up in a motor home ( most cost effective way for us to travel from the kootenays) towing a enclosed trailer with a side by side and quads. Planning on setting up a base camp at lifeline lake on mile 156 and bringing a couple tents to set up spike camps, While there going to go for moose and elk while scouting the area.

1 I believe lifeline lake Rd on mile 156 is gravel to the campground can anyone confirm this.
2 does any one know if there are Rd closures or weight restrictions on mile 156?
3 will be scouting 7-57 for a few days then if we are not seeing good sign for moose and elk thinking of trying 7-58 with a three point and cow gos season (before I get blasted I would prefer going for big 6 point elk or huge moose but all 8 of us are meat hunters, and on a budget can't make the long trip with out meat in the freezer or some of us will be looking at divorce after the hours spent on forums and Google earth then the money required to pull this trip off ) so does or plan seem reasonable or after scouting for a bit should we move to another mu for moose and elk?

Shortmag300
09-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Is there road restriction in 7-58 500kg and under ? Can't find the info anywhere. We are leaving in 5 sleeps can't wait! This is worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid.

tangozulu
09-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Good luck, the moose should be rutting now too.

Barefoot hunter
03-11-2016, 03:23 PM
How did you make out?