PDA

View Full Version : Bella Coola Grizz hunt

ru rancher
07-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Hi me and my dad each got drawn for fall grizzley hunt in 5-08 C I have bin down there a few times and have had encounters with bears on the main river. so i know we can find bears but id like to hear any advice anyone has and what creeks would be good to check out or any other advice you are willing to shair. we do alot of back pack hunting so that is not a problem.

Thank you for any help.

hunterkyle
07-09-2015, 10:57 PM
I got the same tag maybe I'll see you there lol when you guys planning on going?

srupp
07-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Hmmm a GREAT year for the valley for sure..when your in the pond let me know and we can do coffee and discuss who your taxidermist should be..

Kyle havnt forgotten you..just chatting with residents in valley..sheesh a lot of bears.
Steven

chilcotin hillbilly
07-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Go late as you can,those big boars need a long time to have decent coats.

ru rancher
07-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Hey srupp Ill be bringing my bear to Stephen Rutherford I was working there this spring I was the new guy there when you came in :p

ru rancher
07-10-2015, 08:19 AM
I was thinking october but i dont know how late there are fish in the river? how late can we expect them?

srupp
07-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Hmm they will be there thanksgiving..now I know who you is even more reason to help you be successful. .any friend of Steve Rutherford is welcome at my campfire..please contact me for some areas of extreme interest..lol
Cheers
Steven

chilcotin hillbilly
07-10-2015, 07:12 PM
A friend of mine shot a 8 foot plus bear last year in November.There was still fishing running then.

ru rancher
07-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Has anyone heard if the salmon are running a little early this year or are they on there normal schedual and the weather has no effect on them?

hunterkyle
07-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Wish I was a friend of Steve Rutherford then �� lol just kidding srupp I know any help you give will be great.

srupp
07-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Wish I was a friend of Steve Rutherford then �� lol just kiddintelng srupp I know any help you give will be great.
Will be calling soon Kyle..there are plenty of bears to go around..getting some valley Intel..updated and hopegully some permission for some special areas.Hmmm shouldnt you be at the range practicing 20 yard shots on Volkswagons?
Cheers
Steven

hunterkyle
07-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Lol was just kidding around hope to see a bunch of successful grizz hunters this fall

hunterkyle
07-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Will be calling soon Kyle..there are plenty of bears to go around..getting some valley Intel..updated and hopegully some permission for some special areas.Hmmm shouldnt you be at the range practicing 20 yard shots on Volkswagons?
Cheers
Steven
20 yards wow that's a long shot.....hopefully the .375 ruger can shoot that long distance hahaha