PDA

View Full Version : Moose and Grizzly bear draw for 7-23b Anzac / Parsnip area

MR7
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi guys,

Never been to this area before and was hoping for a bit of information on current road / river conditions and recommendation's for a good place to set up camp. I have a 21 ft travel trailer and was thinking of leaving the trailer at the north end of the Tacheeda Lake campground. I also have a canoe and I am wondering about drifting portions of the Anzac or Parsnip rivers. The draw my girlfriend and I got is early season Aug 15 - Sept 30 for grizzly bear and bull moose.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kauri

Stainless
07-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi guys,

Never been to this area before and was hoping for a bit of information on current road / river conditions and recommendation's for a good place to set up camp. I have a 21 ft travel trailer and was thinking of leaving the trailer at the north end of the Tacheeda Lake campground. I also have a canoe and I am wondering about drifting portions of the Anzac or Parsnip rivers. The draw my girlfriend and I got is early season Aug 15 - Sept 30 for grizzly bear and bull moose.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kauri

I've never hunted up there but have done plenty of fishing in the area.
1. If you drive through from Bear Lake the road is generally pretty decent.
2. I would advise you to get there early as the Tacheeda campsites fill up like a can of sardines in August. Was there for a random weekend last August and it was full with campers everywhere. There is a good amount of pull offs off any of the roads away from the lake.
3. The parsnip would be perfect to float, however there will be lots of jetboats ripping around so watch out! Anzac might be your best bet as with the lowering water levels the jetboats won't be able to go far I don't think. Could get a bit rough in spots.
4. Bring a fishing rod.

Hope this helps!

Boner
07-09-2015, 03:29 PM
I was in a couple of weeks ago. Anzac road is good to the back end. They fixed the washout on the shortcut to Tacheeda. Saves a good 20 km of dirt roads.

MR7
07-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Right on, some good info there, thanks for that! Pretty excited about the grizz tag, I just hope I see it before it sees me! :)

sneg
07-10-2015, 08:01 PM
goose lake is good camping spot. Not as busy as Tacheeda. Griz will be there once shooting starts.Be prepared to share place with bunch of other hunters.