PDA

View Full Version : LEH Help Thread

GoatGuy
07-08-2015, 10:08 PM
If you got drawn and have questions about access/hunting spots/campsites etc feel free to put them on here.

Hopefully hunters can help their fellow hunters out.

Fire away.

Fella
07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Looking for a bit of direction on a November bull moose hunt in 3-37. My group has hunted that MU before, just never in November, any small tips would be appreciated.

ducktoller
07-08-2015, 10:27 PM
3-16c goat most likely able to go in September
Aware of routes from downton fsr, but curious if Seton Ridge trail had been productive for people

I'm pretty granola so I can probably handle the more anti hunting hikers
I'll just say I'm a locavore

recoil
07-08-2015, 10:46 PM
I won a Jervis inlet Rosie draw second choice zone "q", have never been up there before very excited to check it out.

Wondering what road conditions are like and if there has been any recent logging, google images appear to be 5 years old.

Not sure i should take my 18' riveted aluminum boat and hike and mountain bike, or hire a freight company to boat in my quad and camping gear up for me.

Thx in advance

Gateholio
07-08-2015, 11:01 PM
I would actually start your own thread with the details in the title. For example (moose 3-93) You will get a better response. But it's up to the individual :)

The Dawg
07-08-2015, 11:05 PM
I got drawn for a Goat in OMP.

Ideas?

tav611
07-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Hi guys i got a draw in 6-20 bull caribou august 15-31st. Dont really know the area at all, pretty new hunter. all advice would be appreciated. Are there and towns in that area? Where would you do your last stop.

B
07-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Hello Everyone! I was hoping for some guidance and advice on 1-10 section G for bull elk Oct 10 to Nov 20 hoping to set up a blind due to being in a wheelchair. Also a good location to setup a camp. I will be heading out later this month to scout. Feel free to PM. Thanks in advance.

B

one-shot-wonder
07-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Looking for a bit of direction on a November bull moose hunt in 3-37. My group has hunted that MU before, just never in November, any small tips would be appreciated.

Tough draw the last few years, with low moose numbers due to wolves.

Best to focus on areas with recent logging such as Spillman FSR, Tracy Creek FSR and the Molmich country if you can access it.

That country gets a pile of snow some years, pack chains

ian745
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM
sadly you`ll be wasting your time if you head out anytime soon to scout, roads are gated and locked, fires everywhere, companies are not taking the chances letting the public in until there is a lot of water dumped from above, 1-10 is a great area to hunt, id have to look at my map again, but i deer hunt all over the place back there and have seen some big herds in all sections of 1-10

Hello Everyone! I was hoping for some guidance and advice on 1-10 section G for bull elk Oct 10 to Nov 20 hoping to set up a blind due to being in a wheelchair. Also a good location to setup a camp. I will be heading out later this month to scout. Feel free to PM. Thanks in advance.

B

Hardy
07-17-2015, 11:36 PM
my SonInLaw, Grandson and I (Grandfather) won a Shared Moose hunt in 5-15C. I would lie to have some advise on how to Access 5-15C (coming from White Rock, BC)) Also does anyone know if a cabin in that area would be available for rent? Dates for that draw are Sep[t 10-Sept 30. We are probably looking from Sept 10 for a week.
Thanks for any help