PDA

View Full Version : 3-37 Question

Fella
07-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Got a bull moose draw in 3-37, not looking for honey holes, just a "North, South East or West of the Lake" type answer is fine. Going scouting before we go in so we'll be putting in leg work, just wanting to somewhat narrow down our search area. Thanks all!

Fella
07-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Just a bump up for this question...

gunsandhoses
07-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Do most of my hunting around 3-30 sorry can't help much.

MichelD
07-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Had a doe draw there some years ago now. There are 4 or 5 little lakes west of there that might be moosey. I never saw one though.

Kowabunga
07-18-2015, 11:04 AM
I had a November draw for 3-37 Bull Moose in 2013. First off - I was not successful. I did find moose, but only one with antlers, and he got away on me without a shot fired. I worked for a forestry consultant at the time all around the north end of the lake. One area out of the way for hunting for me, but which I think has promise is the Tsikwustum area to the northeast of Adams Lake (Find it on Google Earth).

Most of my effort was spent in the Lee Creek area (above Roderick-Haig Brown Park - think Sockeye run place on Adams River). I was using snowmobile to access this (Adams Plateau) area as we got snow early that year. There was alot of hunters up there last year (2014) while I was going with friends who had a cow draw for early November. Adams Lake Lumber was clearing alot of blocks in the area, and these should be good for this year - hopefully not as much industrial traffic.

I knew of two people who had Bull draws last year and hunted with no success. None of this means that there are not bulls in the area. Part of what limited me was hunting solo so I was not wanting to tag anything that I couldn't see from the road.

I would suggest the east side of the lake going up Lee Creek (Eva Road) and over the top to Pisima area. Lots of nice openings of various ages to check out. It is some nice country up on the plateau. Best of luck.