PDA

View Full Version : Question about Party Leh hunting ( drew a moose tag )

drakehunter
07-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Hey guys so im pretty stoked. Drew a bull moose tag near PG and a cow elk tag in the peace area. We applied for the moose as a group of three, our first pick was the Smithers area and I thought we picked our second pick for the Smithers area also but a different area then the first. I clearly must have screwed up and picked my second area as PG. Can my buddies still shoot a moose in PG or is the tag only good for me? Ie do I have to be the shooter?

thanks in advance

Gateholio
07-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Sounds confusing.

A hunter can only shoot a LEH moose in an area he has a tag for.

Gun Dog
07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
First, congratulations. Second, you drew an authorization to hunt moose. You still have to buy a moose tag. Now you have to confirm with your buddies what MU and date you're authorized to hunt. You should have authorization to harvest 2 moose between the three of you.

.330 Dakota
07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
If you only applied as a group (no singles) then I would presume the tag is good for the group,,still check with the moose cops though,,,surprises arent fun

BCrams
07-08-2015, 07:10 PM
What zone around PG. Clearly you would not have drawn a PG tag as your second choice given the high odds and all the tags would be gone in the first go around with none left for those 2nd choice hunters.

Boner
07-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Well if you drew a group hunt for an Omineca 7-A MU area, that includes your two friends too. Two out of the three of you can harvest a moose. So the three of you guys each buy a moose tag, and hunt in that MU, but only two can cut their moose tags.

drakehunter
07-08-2015, 08:32 PM
the weird part is nobody else in my group got a notification we got a tag....I'm the only one who got the notification on the Leh website or is that how it normally is?

Fella
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
the weird part is nobody else in my group got a notification we got a tag....I'm the only one who got the notification on the Leh website or is that how it normally is?
Sounds weird, all guys in my shared hunt received notification

07-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Had something similar a few years ago and it turned out the left hand hadn't caught up with the right one. By the time l phoned all notifications were made but at first l was the only one showing up on line.

srthomas75
07-08-2015, 08:54 PM
or maybe the leh entry was not mailed / filled out proper. And then you were drawn as a single. If this is what happened then you are the only one that is legally allowed to shoot.