PDA

View Full Version : new areas to hunt

leftfield
07-05-2015, 09:49 PM
So I've always gone hunting with guys who knew where to hunt and which was legal land to hunt on. Well things have changed and now I'll have to find my own grounds to hunt. I don't have a problem with that but the info I am now after is where do I turn to find out where crown land and private land have their borders. Is there a source that breaks this down into a map system that I'll understand. I'm no dummy, just looking for a little help from those that may have had to do this and have learned the do's and don'ts. thanks for your help guys

Daybreak
07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Slinky Pickle is your man. He knows the overlays and underlays like no one else.

ducktoller
07-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Google "Front Counter BC"

srthomas75
07-05-2015, 10:06 PM
which area are you looking for? or part of the province etc..

Sofa King
07-05-2015, 10:16 PM
all you need to know is that all the big deer are in the Princeton, tunkwa, and Clearwater areas.
hell, pretty much ALL the deer are there, just drive down the roads and they'll almost jump in the back of your truck.

leftfield
07-05-2015, 10:18 PM
not so much a part of the province, but just how to find a new place. We used to hunt whitetail around rock creek but it was a pretty specific area and since they were there first I will leave it for them. Also did some moose hunting up near PG and went up the west side of Williston a few years ago. I only want to leave the whitetail area alone as they were in there first. I'd like to do some Elk hunting in the future as well and don't mind making a base camp to quad from or just making a base camp and heading for a day hike and learn some land.

leftfield
07-05-2015, 10:19 PM
all you need to know is that all the big deer are in the Princeton, tunkwa, and Clearwater areas.
hell, pretty much ALL the deer are there, just drive down the roads and they'll almost jump in the back of your truck.

don't be an ass

Sofa King
07-06-2015, 12:10 AM
don't be an ass
oh, my bad.
I should have put a winky after it, seems when people do that they can say anything.

chill dude.
you are the one who asked the question.
I told you where there are deer.
big deer actually really are taken in those areas every darn season.
no need for name-calling.

Sofa King
07-06-2015, 12:12 AM
don't be an ass

it's really mind-boggling how serious some people take life, especially the internet.

leftfield
07-06-2015, 01:12 AM
It's really funny how some people think they're a comedian even if it's just on the Internet. Some people feel the need to chime in on every post even if it's just an attempt at bad humour. I didn't ask where the deer are as you're suggesting but if you go back and read the original post you'll see what I actually asked and maybe you could even take some time away from the comedy routine you're constantly working on and try to help. Or you could just bypass the thread altogether and let those that want to help , help.

ducktoller
07-06-2015, 05:46 AM
It's pretty arrogant to assume your owed something juY because you asked. It's a message board people can post what they want wherever.

You have enough posts to know how this forum works and to know that people post goofy shit. Besides as stated by him people do post big deer from those areas every year.

Front counter bc is one resource already posted. If your looking at specific municipal areas call the city and ask.

Husky7mm
07-06-2015, 06:52 AM

Haha, I had one try and jump in my truck near 100 mile house once.

leftfield
07-06-2015, 07:25 AM
I just asked a simple question, where do you get this "owed thing" . There are a lot of helpful people on here and some trolls. I think your term of arrogance is misplaced. And now that the post is derailed is everybody happy. And again if you think his post was meant to help me "get the big one" , well I think we both can read .

leftfield
07-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Now thank you to those who are trying to help and I hope we can get this thread back on track.

morris
07-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Might wanna start here...

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/

leftfield
07-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks Morris I'll give that a shot as well

jimh
07-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Try playing with the map at imapbc you can zoom into what ever area you like and add or remove quite a selection of different layers including land ownership. I know I could go and check out the spot where I had my trapline cabin application and actually saw on that map when it was approved before I got my permit in the mail. Don't think it will tell you who owns the land but I think it will show you what is private property. Hope this helps you. Jim

leftfield
07-06-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm sure it will Jim, I'll let you know when/if I get it sorted.

swampthing
07-06-2015, 06:21 PM
I was lucky enough to work all over the province when I was younger. I would look at maps where I was working and check out the country after work. I love the alpine and would look for roads that got me to the highest elevation and check them out first. Getting yourself invited on hunts with guys in the know is a great way to learn some country as well. Many guys are secretive but just as many like to take new guys out. Have fun.

leftfield
07-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Well I waiting on the LEH draws to come out like everyone else but regardless I'm going hunting this fall with an old fellow we met out hunting 3 years ago. He's a great guy with lots of knowledge to share and an easy going nature. I'll probably do a little solo deer hunting in the fall just to learn some new territory and I guess that's why I'm here looking for that info. I just picked up a newer computer today so that should make everything a little easier. Thanks so far for the suggestions guys, I'll look into all of them.

Hunterguy
07-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes finally something positive came from this thread, an old fella like a dad or a grampa, who is willing to share his knowledge. I learned the proper way to hunt from a fella who was willing to take me out, some aren't fortunate to have a family who hunts so it's tough but. You have to understand though that hunting is like fishing or? If you put time in listen, explore you will find your success but it doesn't happen overnight! I have helped people through private messages s far as places to hunt, the young son first hunt blah blah. They have been successful but not willing to give up anymore info regarding anyone's hunts, not a thank you and I'm sure there's a lot of forum members feel the same, old fellas will tell you their stories, give you info 75 percent you take in 25 percent will be bullshit so what I'm saying is good luck!