PDA

View Full Version : Right eye Left eye..Right handed Left handed

Edge
07-05-2015, 01:10 PM
One of my grandson's was out shooting with me today and as we're checking out bows for him I thought I 'd check which of his eyes was dominent. turns out he's left eye dominent.
BUT he prefers to shoot right......So I'm wondering if shooting cross over like that will negatively affect his accuracy? Comments ?

mikeboehm
07-05-2015, 01:21 PM
it can. he would have to always close his left eye when shooting, if he doesnt he will lean over and push the string when his left eye takes over to look through the peep. IMO he should shoot a left handed bow

Bowzone_Mikey
07-05-2015, 10:08 PM
What Mike Said ^^^^^
However
If you dont want to fight him for his own good and break his habit at such a young age .....
My daughter changed her eye dominance twice ... she is right handed but shoots left

If its not an overwhelming dominace, some have gone to the drug store and in the reading glasses section purchased an Eyepatch that you would put over his left eye .

this is reccomended because when you close one eye you induce tension in your body .. tension induced tourqe ... tourqe throws accuracy off .. with the eyepatch ... his face would be "at rest"

Avalanche123
07-17-2015, 04:16 PM
I am left eye dominant and had to relearn to shoot the proper way....at the was years of shooting the "wrong way". Seeing as she is young, I suggest she relearn her shooting. I bet she makes the change over fairly quickly. :)