PDA

View Full Version : Ross Lake water levels?

caddisguy
07-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Anyone been up in the last week or so? Last I heard, the Canadian side was high and dry. Trying to decide weather to take the inflatable boat into the Canadian side of Ross or if I should just bring waders and fish the Skagit for resident trout.

Tīɡ
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Haven't been in the lower Skagit yet or by Ross lake but went by the Sumallo and upper Skagit last weekend and both were pretty much at gin clear clarity and totally fishable. I would say that Ross lake is probably lower than most years judging by the water levels up top and I would probably focus more on the resident trout in the river. Good luck out there and happy Canada Day!!

caddisguy
07-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Haven't been in the lower Skagit yet or by Ross lake but went by the Sumallo and upper Skagit last weekend and both were pretty much at gin clear clarity and totally fishable. I would say that Ross lake is probably lower than most years judging by the water levels up top and I would probably focus more on the resident trout in the river. Good luck out there and happy Canada Day!!

I'm thinking the same way. If the reservoir was at full and had been for at least a few days, this would be a no brainer and I'd be taking the inflatable boat / 30lb thrust motor... but yeah last I heard it was high and May 15 - June 15 it was going to be lower than normal because of some work being done and that as of 2 weeks ago it was high and dry.

I checked out the water around the 26 Mile Bridge 2 weeks ago and it looked fishable/wadable... river fishing higher up will probably be a little spotty though. If the water level didn't get higher from snow melt off the east facing bowls, I may as well get in there.

That said, if someone tells me Ross has been full of water for a few days or even as of today, I'll be all over it. Normally July-August are the months they keep it full, but this year could be different.