PDA

View Full Version : moving to kelowna looking for a place

vortex hunter
06-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone

I am going through a seperation and moving to kelowna for work , I am looking for a place to crash for a few days like a corner of your basement or couch . I am willing to provide general handyman duties or help around the house to help me out , Im a non drinker or drugs just in a tough spot and trying to get on my feet . Vortex hunter

scoutlt1
06-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone

I am going through a seperation and moving to kelowna for work , I am looking for a place to crash for a few days like a corner of your basement or couch . I am willing to provide general handyman duties or help around the house to help me out , Im a non drinker or drugs just in a tough spot and trying to get on my feet . Vortex hunter

I'm nowhere near where you want to move, but feel you pain. Been there.

I'm in the LM but if there is anything I can do to help just PM me.

monasheemountainman
06-27-2015, 03:54 PM
I only let drunken crack heads sleep on my couch sorry

wideopenthrottle
06-27-2015, 04:13 PM
I only let drunken crack heads sleep on my couch sorry
I almost posted something like that but after I wrote it I felt like it would be mean kicking a guy when he was down so I deleted it and was gonna praise scout for his kind offer but that seemed too sucky.... all in all, I hope this separation works out for the best and you bounce back 110% of what you were...most valuable lessons I learned in my break ups were 1) never lose your temper with her if you want her back cuz 10 good deeds will be wiped out by 1 bad thing then 20 more good deeds to get back where you were before losing it...plus letting her push your buttons is GIVING AWAY YOUR POWER... 2) if she left you the reason she gives will not be the real reason cuz if you make a big change based on her "reason" you will find that the "reason" will suddenly change....acting like you are disinterested (don't call her to talk...be business like short and impassionate if you have to talk to her...stay aloof until she makes advances then open up only a small bit (play your cards tight to the chest)....If you left her I am sure it was for a good reason...heheheheh...
good luck

scoutlt1
06-27-2015, 04:47 PM
I almost posted something like that but after I wrote it I felt like it would be mean kicking a guy when he was down so I deleted it and was gonna praise scout for his kind offer but that seemed too sucky.... all in all, I hope this separation works out for the best and you bounce back 110% of what you were...most valuable lessons I learned in my break ups were 1) never lose your temper with her if you want her back cuz 10 good deeds will be wiped out by 1 bad thing then 20 more good deeds to get back where you were before losing it...plus letting her push your buttons is GIVING AWAY YOUR POWER... 2) if she left you the reason she gives will not be the real reason cuz if you make a big change based on her "reason" you will find that the "reason" will suddenly change....acting like you are disinterested (don't call her to talk...be business like short and impassionate if you have to talk to her...stay aloof until she makes advances then open up only a small bit (play your cards tight to the chest)....If you left her I am sure it was for a good reason...heheheheh...
good luck

No need to complicate things bud (although I totally get what you're saying). :)
My offer/thoughts to the OP stands.

monasheemountainman
06-27-2015, 04:48 PM
yep breaking up sucks, a good laugh never hurt tho...and I would offer it up if we were buds but my wife has a thing about me bringing home men I meet on the internet.

wideopenthrottle
06-27-2015, 04:52 PM
, a good laugh never hurt tho...and I would offer it up if we were buds but my wife has a thing about me bringing home men I meet on the internet.

heheheh looks like you can be counted on for a good laugh..good on you...

vortex hunter
06-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Hey scoutlt1 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?1979-scoutlt1) . I am very grateful for you willing to help me out , these two days have been the hardest thing I have ever gone threw . I never cryed so hard in my 35 yrs and its all cause I miss my son he's my everything , lifes tuff and I am trying to keep my chin up I might not leave to kelowna right away so I will be in touch with you scoutlt1 , and thanks everyone for your thoughts and jokes . Vortex

HarryToolips
06-28-2015, 01:04 PM
All the best hope you get to see your boy lots...watch out for douches in Kelowna, their population here has exponentially grown..ohya and watch for those vehicles with red/white learners plates, lots of those in the Okanagan this time of year lol...

albravo2
06-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Vortexhunter, breaking up with a girl is not breaking up with your son. Don't let anyone tell you any different, especially your ex. Right now she is probably trying to hurt as much as she can because that's what people do when they break up. Not defending it, just seen it many times.

If you need them, there is a free legal resource group at the family law court. If you ever feel you might risk losing your relationship with your son, go talk to them and they will give you a lot of comfort.

I've watched as the court gave child access to a drug addict, imprisoned father. Judge said it was good for both the son and the father. Compare your situation to that and know you'll always have a relationship with your son.

HarryToolips
06-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Vortexhunter, breaking up with a girl is not breaking up with your son. Don't let anyone tell you any different, especially your ex. Right now she is probably trying to hurt as much as she can because that's what people do when they break up. Not defending it, just seen it many times.

If you need them, there is a free legal resource group at the family law court. If you ever feel you might risk losing your relationship with your son, go talk to them and they will give you a lot of comfort.

I've watched as the court gave child access to a drug addict, imprisoned father. Judge said it was good for both the son and the father. Compare your situation to that and know you'll always have a relationship with your son.
Good advice I'd take it Vortex...

vortex hunter
07-11-2015, 07:16 PM
thanks everyone I am trying to keep my son close to me , I am very Broken and hurting right now might have tattoos and seem mean but I am a huge suck lol especially with my son , the sad thing over all this is I still have no home no where to go and I found out who my real friends are and there far and few between . BUT respect all of your guys/gals advice I am trying to keep my chin up but its very hard . Vortexhunter

albravo2
07-11-2015, 07:31 PM
VH,

Rough seas make good sailors. It sucks, but it is true.

Keep your chin up. If your son is safe, you can concentrate on you. If I was at a crossroads, I'd pick a small town with real people and rebuild my life surrounded by good people. Lots of them out there to build solid friendships with.

REMINGTON JIM
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem BUT its LIFE and you can make it better - keep your Chin up and Work at it and all will be better in the End - Being there - Done that ! It is not EASY but all will be OK ! :wink:

Cheers RJ

604redneck
07-11-2015, 08:12 PM
If and when you make it to kelowna message me. Can always use another guy out hiking/hunting/fishing or just maybe have a few beers

vortex hunter
07-11-2015, 09:53 PM
thanks guys and 604redneck I will contact you when I get out there .... still trying to figure out what to do but looking at a small town outta the lower mainland . I am trying to keep my chin up and keep pushing forward I guess life cant get any worse lol

monasheemountainman
07-11-2015, 09:57 PM
^ he's a good guy you should take him up on it! One thing tho is he always shoots the bigger animal so make sure you spot it first!!

vortex hunter
07-14-2015, 10:08 PM
^ he's a good guy you should take him up on it! One thing tho is he always shoots the bigger animal so make sure you spot it first!!

well I think I will well will see you see's the bigger animal first lol

vortex hunter
07-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Well still looking for a place to crash in Kelowna and wondering about Jobs out there Im a construction guy , who has a bunch of pipelaying experiance and also lots of demo and bobcat hrs . this whole seperation leading to divorce has really thrown me threw a loop and I am very stuck any help would be much appreciated ..Vortex

604redneck
07-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Well still looking for a place to crash in Kelowna and wondering about Jobs out there Im a construction guy , who has a bunch of pipelaying experiance and also lots of demo and bobcat hrs . this whole seperation leading to divorce has really thrown me threw a loop and I am very stuck any help would be much appreciated ..Vortex

Any pipefitting experience? Im a foreman for an energy company in alberta i could pass a resumè to the uppers along with a hire request its a 14/7 job.

walks with deer
07-17-2015, 02:47 PM
604redneck appears to have the best offer.
Good job with accommodation.

Get you on your feet see if you can work straight if you get it and get a bank account.

Buck
07-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Any pipefitting experience? Im a foreman for an energy company in alberta i could pass a resumè to the uppers along with a hire request its a 14/7 job.

Now thats a fine human being.Kudos to you

Rhyno
07-17-2015, 03:21 PM

Have you tried couch surfer.com to find some cheap temporary accommodation? I have never used it but know people who have.

vortex hunter
07-18-2015, 12:45 AM
604redneck pm sent to you thanks