PDA

View Full Version : Hunting on Foot near Cache Creek

264mag
06-27-2015, 02:45 PM
My teenage kids are bugging me to take them hunting in the cache creek area this fall. We are leather boot hunters and like to cover ground on foot. Any tips on general areas to set out would be appreciated. I know there is lots of private ranch land so finding a good area can be a challenge.

thanks in advance.

Teach a kid to hunt, they are the future.

Hunterguy
06-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Teenagers eh, well if they like to get their boots on than lace them up and go scouting, you have two months of hiking good luck.

Drillbit
06-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Start asking for permission in spots that look appealing to you.

swampthing
06-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Sagebrush country! My favorite! I found cache crk a little tough because of private land. Head just a bit more east to battle creek just out of cache crk towards Kamloops. Lots of sagebrush country with fir/pine ridges. Lots of big country with nice open hiking. Shots can be long but you are sure to find deer.

264mag
06-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the reply, we are going to watch the weather and head up there for a pre season scouting trip once the temp drops below 40 Celsius!

Bugle M In
06-28-2015, 10:11 AM
hihuim thru to bonoparte

russm
06-28-2015, 10:43 AM
What time of year? I've been up a few times in the passed few seasons later in October and the majority of what I've seen seems to know that sticking to the private property alfalfa fields is the best bet, there's lots of area to check out and definetly animals around it's just a matter of finding something you can shoot.