PDA

View Full Version : Minox scope warranty issues….anyone been through it before?

mastercaster
06-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Was wondering if anyone on this site has had any dealings with Minox regarding warranty issues with their scopes. I sent one back a month ago to the Canadian distributor because the ocular piece was faulty. After hearing how quick the turn around was with Leopold scopes on another thread I'm surprised that I haven't been told was their course of action will be yet.

I'm just wondering if this will this take weeks or months? Anybody else lived through this before with this particular company?

stejacr
06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
I had the same issues a few years ago, i had to return two of them. I purchased both of mine through Italian Sporting Goods and they dealt with the warranty. After the second one I asked to get something else and switched to a Leupold that Italian Sport had on the self, no hassle. Great service one of the guys even delivered it to me on his way home in Langley. I would never by another Minox product again!

mastercaster
06-26-2015, 01:09 PM
I had the same issues a few years ago, i had to return two of them. I purchased both of mine through Italian Sporting Goods and they dealt with the warranty. After the second one I asked to get something else and switched to a Leupold that Italian Sport had on the self, no hassle. Great service one of the guys even delivered it to me on his way home in Langley. I would never by another Minox product again!

Not what I wanted to hear. LOL That being said, I just checked the same thread I posted on Alberta Outdoors and two of the guys who responded to it had very favourable reports so that has gotten my hopes up a bit. I just hope there's not a huge delay on this. It's not that I'm in dire need to get it back since I had another scope to put on the rifle. I just don't like to be strung along.

fowl language
06-27-2015, 07:46 AM
mine was a 4 to 5 week turn around, I was not using them anyway at the time

Krico
06-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Although not exactly the same, I sent in my HG binos to Minox a few years ago for "warranty"...as in I had damaged them. Minox went way above and beyond even their own warranty to keep me hunting mid season. I dealt directly with Minox out of the US. Easily the best service I've ever had from ANY manufacturer.

Fred1
06-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Mine has been gone for months.... I think Ill just buy the Leupy like my other guns and be done with it....

chappy
06-27-2015, 01:18 PM
mine was a three to four week turn around. sent me a new one in the box no questions asked.

Omenator
06-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Ended up sending a scope back to Minox USA as it wouldn't focus, took about 3 months to get it back. I wasn't too happy as they didn't really fix it either.

Fred1
07-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Spoke too soon. Minox sent me a new scope on the 2nd. No cost to me. Still 5 months though - I guess not bad. I like the glass in those things. The durability was suspect. I will remount the new one and hunt the crap out of it and see how it does.

mastercaster
07-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Spoke too soon. Minox sent me a new scope on the 2nd. No cost to me. Still 5 months though - I guess not bad. I like the glass in those things. The durability was suspect. I will remount the new one and hunt the crap out of it and see how it does.

I still don't understand how it can take the head honchos 5 months to figure out that they were finally going to replace yours? You'd figure that as soon as they figured out there was something faulty with the scope a work order would be put in to replace it and then ship it off. Pretty sure that's pretty much what leopold does based on how quickly guys get theirs back,,,,, and usually new ones at that.

In another few days it will be two months since I sent mine off. I don't know whether just to sit tight and let them get back to me or whether I should contact them to get the ball rolling, saying a need it for a late August hunt. Not true but you'd think it would be in their best interest to keep their customers happy. Don't want to piss them off though by complaining too vigorously.