PDA

View Full Version : fishing little bit up the coq?

natebavis
06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Going out and up tomorrow am . I know the area well just curious about what lake you would fish? Coquihalla lakes? Murphy Lakes, Andy's or Brook lake? Taking an old timer and would love to see hi get a few bows on the fly. I have fished em all just not in this heat, and ill be packing an aught 6 in region 8!!!

Nate

Oh and anyone fished Thalia? I ended up at what I thought was thalia up Youngsberg? Road.On a quad, dont know if the FJ can get there, but did find an abandonded cabin there that was cool.

Cheers

Steelpulse
06-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Never fished up that way but i have friends with pictures of nice char on coq river i believe, they stopped at britton creek rest stop and fished from there, pack the heat for sure

Steeleco
06-26-2015, 12:17 AM
In this heat I'd be camped and fishing at Andy lake. I've a buddy that saw a monster BB right in the rec site 2 weeks back, just be ready to dunk that MOFO in the lake to get it cold!! The fishing is plentiful but the fish max out at 12" or so. Of the lakes on your list, it's also the most likely to be empty.

Sylus
06-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Murphy lakes is pretty shallow and weedy and pretty easily accessible, it's pretty spot but my vote is for Andy's or Brook lake. Like Steelco said, better chance of getting the lake to yourself and with this hot weather I would tend towards lakes of higher elevation (Murphy lakes ~ 4000ft, Andy's/Brook ~ 5000ft).

Big Hoss
06-26-2015, 06:17 AM
There's also Davis and Boss lakes up that way. Seen guys pull fish out of there in the hottest times of year before

Corona1986
06-26-2015, 07:14 AM
Thalia lake is good fishing, I was there last year my brother n law and I were always reeling in fish between 12" and 16" rainbows, west side of the lake shore all the way to the top end end of the lake is were we found the sweet spots, there was a few people chironomid fishing but we were trolling full sink fly lines with leech pattern flys. Oh camping there is a zoo.

natebavis
06-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Cheers fellas. Think ill shoot for the higher lakes . I have fished andys many times. Dave like you said lots of fish little ones , appreciate info.nate